Top UConn Players of All Time | The Boneyard

Top UConn Players of All Time

Reaction Score
Hi All. I feel like we have had a thread out there before, but I can't seem to find it. If it can be tracked down, please delete this and call out the thread. Otherwise, I am in an argument with the poster @dannyHAM on here who is fuming because I said Daniel Hamilton is not a top 25 all time player at UConn. Pre requisites are talent, winning and longevity/ what they meant to UConn. I would throw him in the top 50 but doesn't come close to top 25 for me. Let's hear it.

Reaction Score
Hi All. I feel like we have had a thread out there before, but I can't seem to find it. If it can be tracked down, please delete this and call out the thread. Otherwise, I am in an argument with the poster @dannyHAM on here who is fuming because I said Daniel Hamilton is not a top 25 all time player at UConn. Pre requisites are talent, winning and longevity/ what they meant to UConn. I would throw him in the top 50 but doesn't come close to top 25 for me. Let's hear it.
Completely misunderstood. Only prerequisite was basketball talent. Dont @me. /thread

Reaction Score
Completely misunderstood. Only prerequisite was basketball talent. Dont @me. /thread
Even with talent, which was not a criteria alone, I'm not sure he would be in my top 25... Top 40 maybe... either way you ruined this thread trying to defend yourself. I'll let the crew chime in.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Here's a thread from 5 seasons ago I started: All-Time "Best" UConn Team

Reaction Score
He's probably around 40-50 for me, but that's due to his potential and ability to fill the stat-sheet. How do you define "basketball talent"? Rashad Anderson really only did one thing well, but he completely changed how teams defended us. Thabeet only did one thing well but completely changed how teams attacked us.

Did they have "basketball talent" or a unique skill set? One helped us to a final four, another helped us win a national championship. Neither were anywhere near being as well-rounded as Daniel Hamilton, but both had more of an impact in their roles (and in fairness had more talent around them). He'd be higher if he realized that potential before leaving.

Reaction Score
He's probably around 40-50 for me, but that's due to his potential and ability to fill the stat-sheet. How do you define "basketball talent"? Rashad Anderson really only did one thing well, but he completely changed how teams defended us. Thabeet only did one thing well but completely changed how teams attacked us.

Did they have "basketball talent" or a unique skill set? One helped us to a final four, another helped us win a national championship. Neither were anywhere near being as well-rounded as Daniel Hamilton, but both had more of an impact in their roles (and in fairness had more talent around them). He'd be higher if he realized that potential before leaving.
I would still put those guys ahead of Hamilton. Longer tenure and won (Rashad a title and made big shots, Thabeet a final 4 and monster numbers).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I don't agree about Thabeet. As a junior he averaged 13.6 ppg (on 64%) and 10.8 rpg. He was awesome. It just didn't translate at the next level.

I'd be curious to see how DHam would have played on teams that didn't need to be so reliant on him to score and create. The guy was a great rebounder and could certainly pass. But he was careless with the ball and he shot 38% in his two years.

Reaction Score
I don't agree about Thabeet. As a junior he averaged 13.6 ppg (on 64%) and 10.8 rpg. He was awesome. It just didn't translate at the next level.

I'd be curious to see how DHam would have played on teams that didn't need to be so reliant on him to score and create. The guy was a great rebounder and could certainly pass. But he was careless with the ball and he shot 38% in his two years.
All ive ever tried to say. Pure basketball talent he was great. He had his faults of course, but you could see the skill and IQ was there.

Reaction Score
I would still put those guys ahead of Hamilton. Longer tenure and won (Rashad a title and made big shots, Thabeet a final 4 and monster numbers).
That was kind of my point.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
All ive ever tried to say. Pure basketball talent he was great. He had his faults of course, but you could see the skill and IQ was there.

Well, he forced too much, but I don't think we'll ever know whether that was because of who he was or who he thought he needed to be.

What's his deal, by the way? Just riding the pine in Atlanta?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom