Top Ten Shooting Guards: Ray Ray #8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top Ten Shooting Guards: Ray Ray #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cp3 underrated on the yard ? His WORST season is better than Zekes best. It's not all about rings some players aren't blessed to play on a team with talent like the 80s pistons.
You are nuts. The shade some are throwing CP3 is silly, but he couldn't carry Zeke's jock if it came with hands and a tray. Zeke played in a much more physical league, was as good a passer, and twice the scorer. I won't mention defense......
List of men who averaged 20 pts. and 10 dimes in a season is a short one. The Big O did it 5 times, Isiah did it 4 times.

Add leadership skills and clutch performances....it ain't close between the two and I am huge CP3 fan.

And I think Steve Nash is easily the most overrated player of my lifetime in any sport.

Reaction Score
You are nuts. The shade some are throwing CP3 is silly, but he couldn't carry Zeke's jock if it came with hands and a tray. Zeke played in a much more physical league, was as good a passer, and twice the scorer. I won't mention defense.
List of men who averaged 20 pts. and 10 dimes in a season is a short one. The Big O did it 5 times, Isiah did it 4 times.

Add leadership skills and clutch performances....it ain't close between the two and I am huge CP3 fan.

And I think Steve Nash is easily the most overrated player of my lifetime in any sport.
Did you even examine those comparative #s? How the is zeke twice the scorer if he was a crap shooter ? To say it's not close is bizzare

Reaction Score
Did you even examine those comparative #s? How the is zeke twice the scorer if he was a crap shooter ? To say it's not close is bizzare

There is a reason numbers across eras don't hold up as solid comparison. You are discounting the difference in the physical play of the 80's and early 90's compared to today. CP3 plays in a league where hand checking is illegal and hard fouls on those driving the lane often draw flagrant fouls. Isaiah played in a league where you could hand-check your man down the entire length of the court and use both hands in half court defense at the top of the key. The zone was unheard of in Isaiah's day, not that anyone would have played zone against him and just dared him to shoot. So it is easier to score in may ways now, or at least easier to get to your spot.

Of course athletes are better today, but Isaiah finished playing in the 90s so there hasn't been a quantum leap in athleticism (as you would say comparing the 70s to today). I think CP3 would have faired very well in that era, but if Zeke played his entire career in a league with no hand checking and less physical play over all....it would have been a scary for his opponents.

Reaction Score
West is considered a SG. That's why he's #3 on the SG list. The PG list was:

1) Magic
2) Big O
3) Stockton
4) Curry
5) Zeke
6) CP3
7) Nash
8) Kidd
9) Frazier
10) Cousy

Though I agree that's too high for Curry.

My top 10

1) Magic
2) Isaiah
3) Big O
4) Stockton
5) Kidd
6) Frazier
7) Cousy
8) Nash
9) Curry
10) CP3

Reaction Score
Cp3 underrated on the yard ? His WORST season is better than Zekes best. It's not all about rings some players aren't blessed to play on a team with talent like the 80s pistons.

Zeke was a top dog on those 80s Pistons teams. Zeke changed his game in order for the Pistons to win championships and he scored when he had to. Lets see CP3 score 26 in one quarter on a sprained ankle in the NBA Finals. His team also blew a 3-1 series lead with a talented Clippers team. Rings do matter its not the end all be all but they matter. I did put Stockton above Frazier and Cousy. Lets forget a championship has CP3 brought his team close to a title he has never ever made the Conference Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom