Top Ranked Twitter Accounts for WBB | The Boneyard

Top Ranked Twitter Accounts for WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Top 25 Followers - Link

Scroll down to see Women's BB. If you use twitter and want to follow other program tweets, list provides twitter accounts. I was surprised to see Alabama listed #7 as they don't have a large fan base.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting stuff!

I'm not in twitter so don't know too
Much about it or how it works.

I did notice the volume of women's softball followers. #1 Alabama has almost 30000!

Large volume compared to WBB.

I found that surprising.

Reaction Score
Huskyfan, softball is HUGE in the south. There are more followers of Georgia Tech's "Softbees" than of their women's baskeball team. I think I would even say they have more followers of the "Volleybees" than the Lady Jackets (as they call the women's basketball team)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A lot of it may do not so much with the sport, but rather how active or how interesting the person who runs the Twitter account is.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
A lot of it may do not so much with the sport, but rather how active or how interesting the person who runs the Twitter account is.

Also, in the case of softball, we use it to follow results of games. My wife uses Twitter directly, but they also post the Twitter feed on the U of A website. Not so many games on TV as there are for WBB. I suspect the same would apply to Volleyball, and yes, they both are very popular women's sports "where they are popular". I know that sounds kind of dumb, but think about it. Sports like softball and WVB generate virtually no interest at a school or have a fairly decent and rabid fan base (generally because they are good).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Also, in the case of softball, we use it to follow results of games. My wife uses Twitter directly, but they also post the Twitter feed on the U of A website. Not so many games on TV as there are for WBB. I suspect the same would apply to Volleyball, and yes, they both are very popular women's sports "where they are popular". I know that sounds kind of dumb, but think about it. Sports like softball and WVB generate virtually no interest at a school or have a fairly decent and rabid fan base (generally because they are good).
Good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01