OT: - Top Men's Basketball Programs May Face NCAA Violations | The Boneyard

OT: Top Men's Basketball Programs May Face NCAA Violations

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is one time I'm glad we're not a top men's basketball program.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While it remains to be seen whether the NCAA comes down on the top men’s programs, this latest news almost assuredly will result in additional penalties for UConn MBB. :confused:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
North Carolina is involved? Noooooooo. Can’t be true. Just not possible.

Reaction Score
While it remains to be seen whether the NCAA comes down on the top men’s programs, this latest news almost assuredly will result in additional penalties for UConn MBB. :confused:

The NCAA has already assigned their top investigator;
14uqp2.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This opening salvo is so completely underwhelming. Money given in lieu of future earnings. This preliminary stuff is like the ATM for these players. One player was down for owing $71 and change. Everyone knows this is going on, and going on everywhere. This type of underground economy is virtually impossible to stop. It's the same as prohibition, and we all know how that ended.

Reaction Score
This opening salvo is so completely underwhelming. Money given in lieu of future earnings. This preliminary stuff is like the ATM for these players. One player was down for owing $71 and change. Everyone knows this is going on, and going on everywhere. This type of underground economy is virtually impossible to stop. It's the same as prohibition, and we all know how that ended.
Today:

Lonzo Ball
: "Everybody knows they're all making money, so why not just make it legal?"

Interviewer: "So were you making money at UCLA?"

Lonzo: "Nope."

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I live in rural Michigan - half the folks I hang around with are Michigan State grads. In the aftermath of all the hits the school has taken related to Larry Nassar and the administration’s enablement, University officials have been holding up Tom Izzo as the poster child of a coach who “does it right”.

If the findings of the FBI cross the threshold of his office, this will be a real blow to MSU.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Today:

Lonzo Ball
: "Everybody knows they're all making money, so why not just make it legal?"

Interviewer: "So were you making money at UCLA?"

Lonzo: "Nope."
The NCAA makes a ton of money off of basketball and football. All of the other major college sports in all of the P5 conferences are dependent on those monies to survive. Everyone benefits monetarily except the players. They get peanuts at best. The lessons of prohibition are seemingly never learned. You want to stop all of this? Pay the players.

So the players get preferential treatment in college. Better locker rooms, housing, help with classes etc. So what? These players know (or may not know) that just by participating in these sports and because of their physical makeup, their lifespans are foreshortened. The window of their prosperity is narrow, and most will live their retirement years in pain and discomfort. Many will have CTS or suffer from the effects from the long term use of PED's. Yes, the dirty little secret of MBB is the use of PED's. So, pay the players. We immediately stop this underground economy that exists unilaterally across big time college sports, we remove the stigma of these payments, and we all stop pretending that these players are amateurs and aren't commodities.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NCAA make a ton of money off of basketball and football. All of the other major college sports in all of the P5 conferences are dependent on those monies to survive. Everyone benefits monetarily except the players. They get peanuts at best. The lessons of prohibition are seemingly never learned. You want to stop all of this? Pay the players.

So the players get preferential treatment in college. Better locker rooms, housing, help with classes etc. So what? These players know (or may not know) that just by participating in these sports and because of their physical makeup, their lifespans are foreshortened. The window of their prosperity is narrow, and most will live their retirement years in pain and discomfort. Many will have CTS or suffer from the effects from the long term use of PED's. Yes, the dirty little secret of MBB is the use of PED's. So, pay the players. We immediately stop this underground economy that exists unilaterally across big time college sports, we remove the stigma of these payments, and we all stop pretending that these players are amateurs and aren't commodities.
Boy you sure do make it sound like being a student-athlete is forced servitude!

Reaction Score
Yeah the big story on AZ talk radio today is whether Miller (head coach) and Ayton ($100,000 player) will be suspended for tonight’s game. All U of A has said is they re-released a statement from October when the FBI first arrested a U of A assistant coach. (If anyone thinks Miller is coaching and Ayton is playing tonight, PM me with how strongly ($$$) you feel that way :cool: )

Reaction Score
Yeah the big story on AZ talk radio today is whether Miller (head coach) and Ayton ($100,000 player) will be suspended for tonight’s game. All U of A has said is they re-released a statement from October when the FBI first arrested a U of A assistant coach. (If anyone thinks Miller is coaching and Ayton is playing tonight, PM me with how strongly ($$$) you feel that way :cool: )

Drafting Error That Could Cost University Of Arizona Millions If Sean Miller Is Fired

It would appear that Sean Miller has a unique contract in the coaching profession. I’ve never seen one that allowed a coach to be entitled to salary, let alone millions, if you were fired “with cause”. No incentive, salary wise, for ethical or legal coaching behavior.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Boy you sure do make it sound like being a student-athlete is forced servitude!
You know that was neither my intention or tone.

Reaction Score
This is happenning in football also! Instead of taking down the NCAAs top money maker. They concentrate on the No.2 sport!

Reaction Score
These student athletes already get paid with their scholarships. Playing in college is not a right but a privlege. If they pay for athletes. How is that fair to the students that have the outrageous student loans to pay back? They are not Athlete Students!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom