Top High Schools | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top High Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're lucky that you have a small UConn presence in your small North Jersey borough. I am it in my borough. Nearly everyone is Rutgers fan as there is a local link to that school and I have shared many a beers over who had the worst AD - UConn with Hathaway or Rutgers with Hermann. Most are shocked that RU got into the B1G and accept that it was location, TV dollars, and AAU status that got them in. The best though was showing-up to a Rec baseball practice in 2014 wearing everything I could find with UConn on it. One of my fellow coaches took one look at me, through off his U Kentucky (he was from NJ & became a Wildcat fan while in the Army based in Ft. Knox, which is actually a lot closer to Louisville than Lexington) hat off in disgust and went home without saying a thing to me.
Bergen County UConn viewing at Millers', ABG, The Office or the like some time.

Reaction Score
What's crazy about TX high schools is that there are two school districts building $60+ million football stadiums right now. Quite the HS arms race going on there with who can build a bigger more extravagant stadium. Anyone that thinks football is going away any time soon needs to visit the south where it is ingrained in their culture, unlike up here.

Very True... here, the school district (about 1/3 the size of CT) is looking to build a new high school with a 23,000 stadium for the football team. I was at the board meeting and asked them if they will spend the $$ on academics. They thought I committed a crime...

Reaction Score
Bergen County UConn viewing at Millers', ABG, The Office or the like some time.

Thanks. I don't even think there is an UConn Alumni network in North Jersey. I've been to the Office in Ridgewood as its only about 20 minutes away and I can take 'back roads' there. Miller's in Paramus is right at the Route 17/Route 4 interchange, which I avoid like the plague unless it is a Friday. ABG = Allendale Bar & Grill? My kids like watching UConn games, so that limits my bar opprtunities. When I go out, I usually just hit the local watering hole in my borough as I know everyone there, even if they are Rutgers fans for the most part. They're respectful tough, just friendly teasing. Been though worse living in and around Boston for 15 years as a proud Yankees fan. During baseball season, the local bar is cool though as the owner has some long-term ties to the Yankees and some of the team from the 80's and 90's who are still local stop by. Even heard that a that some kid who has a place up Skyline on Greenwood Lake stopped by once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom