Top Gun Reboot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top Gun Reboot

Reaction Score
Your post implies I wasn't consulted on this?

I thought the basic premise was Cruise is now the crusty old instructor pilot and there was some new hot shot playing the Maverick role. I would imagine with Cruise in the movie, no way he takes a back seat (damn that was well done Chin) to another actor for the final action scenes.

I've been told 35's will play a major role. This is Navy so no 22's. Your choices for Navy strike fighters are 35's or F/A-18 Super Hornets. And no way is Tom Cruise flying in an airplane that Owen Wilson got shot down in over Eastern Europe.

Using drones and UAV technology is an interesting and appropriate twist. Plenty of fighter jocks out there right now are pissed that nerds are flying drones in locations way more cool than real airplanes. If this movie is really well-played one towards the fighter pilots, one of the drone operators or drone programmers will be a rogue agent and be helping the bad guys. And then it will take manned aircraft to save the day. (The general plot of man v. machine already being brought up in this thread).

Hopefully they can do better than the plot of Stealth.

F 14 Tomcats made Top Gun. Totally badassed jet. It looked cool therefore it was cool. Hopefully 35 is as charismatic. Watching jets land on carriers never gets old, VTOL does.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Your post implies I wasn't consulted on this?

I thought the basic premise was Cruise is now the crusty old instructor pilot and there was some new hot shot playing the Maverick role. I would imagine with Cruise in the movie, no way he takes a back seat (damn that was well done Chin) to another actor for the final action scenes.

I've been told 35's will play a major role. This is Navy so no 22's. Your choices for Navy strike fighters are 35's or F/A-18 Super Hornets. And no way is Tom Cruise flying in an airplane that Owen Wilson got shot down in over Eastern Europe.

Using drones and UAV technology is an interesting and appropriate twist. Plenty of fighter jocks out there right now are pissed that nerds are flying drones in locations way more cool than real airplanes. If this movie is really well-played one towards the fighter pilots, one of the drone operators or drone programmers will be a rogue agent and be helping the bad guys. And then it will take manned aircraft to save the day. (The general plot of man v. machine already being brought up in this thread).

That is brilliant. Very well done.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"Kansas" is gonna be this version's Goose

Why would a laid back southerner be call sign "Kansas". Somebody is geographically and historically challenged.

I have to give Tom Cruise some reluctant credit. Liked him in Risky Business and some other stuff when he was younger. But he has done a pretty good job in a wide range of movies in his later years. From Valkyrie on he's had a string of watchable movies up to and including American Made. He was fantastic in Tropic Thunder. I didn't think he'd going strong at this age.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Why would a laid back southerner be call sign "Kansas". Somebody is geographically and historically challenged.

I have to give Tom Cruise some reluctant credit. Liked him in Risky Business and some other stuff when he was younger. But he has done a pretty good job in a wide range of movies in his later years. From Valkyrie on he's had a string of watchable movies up to and including American Made. He was fantastic in Tropic Thunder. I didn't think he'd going strong at this age.

I loved him in Collateral.

Reaction Score

Nicknames....

Reaction Score

F 14 Tomcats made Top Gun. Totally badassed jet. It looked cool therefore it was cool. Hopefully 35 is as charismatic. Watching jets land on carriers never gets old, VTOL does.

It will most likely feature the Super Hornet

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I love Honest Trailers. The Disney ones are hilarious. Check out Lion King.

Is this a sequel or a reboot? Some sequels are tolerable. Most reboots are unnecessary (See Red Dawn and Point Break).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Watch the Kingsman's second movie. They make John Denver's Song "Country Roads" part of the ongoing theme while it's being played out in Kentucky. Of course they have the excuse of being British.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The Navy version with the bigger wings and dual nose tire has a nice, sharp look viewing from nose to tail and from the side. No drop tanks or external weapons. Looks clean. Viewing it from above and behind it looks a little thick in the trunks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The Air Force and NATO version filmed by the Dutch out in California last year. As most astute Top Gun fans know you can see mountains in the background during some of the dog fighting scenes over water in Top Gun. So, if they need stock footage of the incorrect variant, the Dutch have done some of the filmwork already.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Someone is still hurt 30+ years later that when he went to play beach volleyball in jeans and a t-shirt and took off his shirt the moment was met with blood curdling shrieks and laughs.

One of movie makings all time great camp scenes. Scored to 'playin with the boys'. Absolute cinematic perfection.

Reaction Score
I know that's why it was so great. Can't get enough of it.

The whole movie has a duality. My wife says it’s the most homo movie she has ever seen. Two guys in a plane, tension between Ice and Mav.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom