Top freshmen? | The Boneyard

Top freshmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like Turner, Wilson and Kia are the top 3 rookies with Gabby not too far behind. Who else is in the mix for top 5? Atkins and Mitchell? Other thoughts?

Reaction Score
Tanya Atkinson from New Haven who plays for Temple and leads them in scoring and rebounds. Going to make the All AAC freshman team

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Atkins has only played 7 games..... she's been out for awhile.

Wilson gets a ton of hype, but at this point in their careers..... I prefer Azura Stevens.... obviously Im a bit biased :D

Not sure if redshirt freshman count..... But Rebecca Greenwell is having a fine season so far.

An under the radar freshman in the ACC.... Racheal Camp of VPI

Reaction Score
I would've included Ariel Atkins if not for the injury.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Jackie Kemph.
Saint Louis Billikens
Leads all freshmen in assists with 84.

Reaction Score
Courtney Ekmark should be an AA this year! She was obviously too good to play high school basketball her senior year and spent the entire year training and playing with guys. And of course she goes to UCONN so automatically is an AA!!!!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Courtney Ekmark should be an AA this year! She was obviously too good to play high school basketball her senior year and spent the entire year training and playing with guys. And of course she goes to UCONN so automatically is an AA!!!!

Thank you for your interest in UConn women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Not top 5 but Cal's Mikayla Cowling is averaging 12 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 53%FG, 41%3FG. She's a 6'1" wing with fantastic athleticism (dad still holds Cal school records in the hurdles for track) who can score from anywhere and plays great defense. She could be an AA in a couple years. Improves by leaps and bounds each year dating back to her frosh season in HS and is outplaying her more heralded fellow frosh teammate Gabby Green.

6'0" Mariya Moore, also a wing from NorCal but at Louisville now, leads their team with 13.8 ppg & 3.6 apg. Also 4.9 rpg shooting 47%FG & 37%3FG. Fellow L'Ville frosh Myisha Hines-Allen a 6'1" wing/forward is 2nd on their team in ppg (12.7), rpg (5.4), and apg (3.5). Shoots 55%FG.

I think all 3 could be ahead of Atkins even if she was playing ("only" 10.6 ppg in 7 games).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Louisville duo is performing surprisingly (to me) well.

Mitchell puts up a ton of points. But she puts up a ton of shots too.

Frankly, I wouldn't trade Kia for any of the others.

I think Gabby may have as much upside as anyone. She can be phenomenal.

Reaction Score

Wilson gets a ton of hype, but at this point in their careers..... I prefer Azura Stevens.... obviously Im a bit biased :D

Not sure if redshirt freshman count..... But Rebecca Greenwell is having a fine season so far.

I'm sure Ms. Greenwell is a fine and talented kid but the one remembrance I have of her is her not knowing what to do on that inbound play with USC in the last seconds that resulted in a turnover and gave USC the chance to win the game at the buzzer. Only seconds left and they would have won and there would be no way they'd be the number one ranked team in the polls.

Reaction Score
Seems like Turner, Wilson and Kia are the top 3 rookies with Gabby not too far behind. Who else is in the mix for top 5? Atkins and Mitchell? Other thoughts?

Kelsie Mitchell is arguably top 3. She is incredibly fierce.

Reaction Score
Your insight into the game trumps even your ability to craft a coherent post.

Do these gifts come naturally, or are you diligent???

Reaction Score

Maybe its obvious to everyone else but I suspect TommySC is from South Carolina and is poking fun at us...if thats the case, his post was amusing!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Maybe its obvious to everyone else but I suspect TommySC is from South Carolina and is poking fun at us...if thats the case, his post was amusing!
Generally the standards for humor on the BY rise a little above armpit jokes or a Gamecock fan posting that UConn's bench players should be deemed the NPOY or top freshman, but apparently you got a chuckler out of that. Maybe you could have a rip-snorter by posting on CockyTalk that Duckett and Davis should get serious Lieberman consideration this year. They'd think it a howler I'm sure, but posters who hang around a place called CockyTalk probably think everything's a hoot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Generally the standards for humor on the BY rise a little above armpit jokes or a Gamecock fan posting that UConn's bench players should be deemed the NPOY or top freshman, but apparently you got a chuckler out of that. Maybe you could have a rip-snorter by posting on CockyTalk that Duckett and Davis should get serious Lieberman consideration this year. They'd think it a howler I'm sure, but posters who hang around a place called CockyTalk probably think everything's a hoot.

Not sure that Tommy is a Gamecock fan

Reaction Score
Dude...lighten up...its post like yours that compel people to leave the BY

JS

Reaction Score
Not sure that Tommy is a Gamecock fan
No reason to think so. Not based on the small sample of prior posts, and not based on his posting location (CA, but not southern part).

His posts have had a trolling effect (thread diversion into personal exchanges) if not a trolling intent, so I'm hereby suggesting to him that showing these wares in two threads is quite enough.

We like to welcome semi-lurkers (Tommy's been around for a while though not posting much) and encourage them to post more.

Just find another way to contribute than seeming mockery -- at least until people get to know you better.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

I think Stevens could be in the running player of the year her Jr & Sr yr. I really think she is special!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom