Top Dogs | The Boneyard

Top Dogs

Reaction Score
Very enjoyable pod.

Some this season nuggets...
Taliek says Cole/Adama to be the 2 "guys". Tyrese Martin to be the guy to have a bigger role than people expect. Hawkins can flat out shoot, echoing Hurley off movement and screens, etc. Has to work on his defense. Samson has a bunch of skill (shooting) and athleticism, needs to pick up the scheme more and better situational awareness. Sanogo is a basketball-aholic. Constant worker.

Reaction Score
Oh man, Dauster signed up for the Boneyard? Poor guy.

Really though I've been listening to the pods going back to when he worked at NBC. Always great stuff.

Please don't stop making these Rob. It's great to have a consistent UConn pod in the rotation again.

Reaction Score
Oh man, Dauster signed up for the Boneyard? Poor guy.

Really though I've been listening to the pods going back to when he worked at NBC. Always great stuff.

Please don't stop making these Rob. It's great to have a consistent UConn pod in the rotation again.
I can already tell the most difficult part is going to be the access. I already got some things in the works though, and I recorded one today that will drop Monday that I think you all will like.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can already tell the most difficult part is going to be the access. I already got some things in the works though, and I recorded one today that will drop Monday that I think you all will like.
Field of 68 is great for our favorite sport. Keep it up, so glad you're doing the UConn podcast!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Loved the first episode Rob! Any idea why the Taliek episode isn't on Google podcasts yet?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Every time I see this thread subject I think of this:

s-l1600.jpg

Reaction Score
Episode 2 of TOP DOGS is live. Taliek Brown is the guest. If you don't rate it five stars, you're a closet Cuse fan and we all know it.
Episode 4: JOSH BOONE! He's got a good Jim Calhoun story, and I never knew how close he was to not coming to UConn. Apparently Emeka was the guy that convinced him to go. Smart dude, I'm gonna try to have him on again.

And while it doesn't really fit for a UConn board, his take on Lamelo Ball (they played together in Australia) was fascinating to me.

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying these. They are so much fun to record. Maybe eventually UConn will even play someone worth talking about on the show.

Reaction Score
Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying these. They are so much fun to record. Maybe eventually UConn will even play someone worth talking about on the show.
You may have seen this brought up in multiple threads on here, but would be interesting if along with game breakdowns and current/former player interviews if you tackled subjects like this (current / future scheduling), maybe touch on recruiting, or even preview upcoming games (probably doesn't work this week because two more cupcakes, but an idea for after November 21st). Just some ideas I'm throwing out there, but enjoying the pod. Also Seton Hall as a top 15 team on November 15th is a scorching hot take.

Reaction Score
You may have seen this brought up in multiple threads on here, but would be interesting if along with game breakdowns and current/former player interviews if you tackled subjects like this (current / future scheduling), maybe touch on recruiting, or even preview upcoming games (probably doesn't work this week because two more cupcakes, but an idea for after November 21st). Just some ideas I'm throwing out there, but enjoying the pod. Also Seton Hall as a top 15 team on November 15th is a scorching hot take.
The scheduling and recruiting stuff for sure, but that's more offseason stuff IMO. We'll get into it. We'll get a little more into game previews next week. I'm toying around with the idea of doing a twitter spaces after big games. Would anyone be into that? Is there a UConn account that is already doing that?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Is there a UConn account that is already doing that?

'Yes, more than one. Everything is done by various 'yarders. That doesn't mean more isn't welcome.

Reaction Score
Episode 4: JOSH BOONE! He's got a good Jim Calhoun story, and I never knew how close he was to not coming to UConn. Apparently Emeka was the guy that convinced him to go. Smart dude, I'm gonna try to have him on again.

And while it doesn't really fit for a UConn board, his take on Lamelo Ball (they played together in Australia) was fascinating to me.

Awesome interview. I came away very impressed by Josh Boone. Very well spoken and good storyteller. Also seems to have a great perspective on life. Can definitely see coaching in his future once he's ready to hang em up.

Reaction Score
The scheduling and recruiting stuff for sure, but that's more offseason stuff IMO. We'll get into it. We'll get a little more into game previews next week. I'm toying around with the idea of doing a twitter spaces after big games. Would anyone be into that? Is there a UConn account that is already doing that?
You should definitely do that. From time to time I will see a postgame livestream, but definitely room for more content in that space, especially in Spaces where I don't think any UConn creators are leveraging that tool much if at all currently.

Reaction Score
'Yes, more than one. Everything is done by various 'yarders. That doesn't mean more isn't welcome.
Who? Can someone give me their @ if they do this? I want to jump in when I can. Definitely after Auburn.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Who? Can someone give me their @ if they do this? I want to jump in when I can. Definitely after Auburn.

Check the media dropdown at the top of the page. Others do stuff here. That's what this site is for.

Reaction Score
"Scorching hot take," he said

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

drone.
Awesome! I sent you our family podcast yesterday. DM Twitter. Sliders & Curveballs. Love your work, let’s talk sometime!

Mike & Joseph (9 yrs old)

Reaction Score
To be fair, the available evidence did and probably still does lean that way. Michigan losing Livers, Brown, and Wagner and still being ranked 4th didn't make sense to me, too many new faces with a lot to prove. They might have a serious shooting problem as well.
Haha I never get anything right, so I'm going to take my victory laps when I can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom