Top Dogs Podcast: Cam Spencer commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top Dogs Podcast: Cam Spencer commits to UConn

Reaction Score
He didn't have us in the top 25 a couple days before Cam Spencer committed.
Edit: I commented that I thought he said 3-5, blah, blah - but, you’re right, he also said outside top 25. Oddly, both are true. I stand corrected, that comment was made with I think Robbie, is correct. Sorry to make an incorrection.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe you’ll forgive him for mixing you up with another goofball shouting hot takes.
Yeah the hot take that we’re a preseason top 5 team, wow so hot for a UConn message board It’s burning me wow.

Reaction Score
He didn't have us in the top 25 a couple days before Cam Spencer committed.
I'd have them in the top 25, but I don't think that take is any crazier than having us in the top 5. The team is a complete question mark in my mind.

Reaction Score
I'd have them in the top 25, but I don't think that take is any crazier than having us in the top 5. The team is a complete question mark in my mind.
I think this is the most accurate. It was the same as last year. We had no clue. If '23-'24 team succeeds I think we'll have more confidence in Hurleys ability to keep us hanging around top 10 most years. In retrospect, last year's team is "irreplaceable" but nobody was saying that about them in summer of '22.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Pretty sure you're the same guy that was crushing me in January when I was telling everyone to stay the course, the season's not over, UConn doesn't need to fire Dan Hurley, etc. I believe the line was, "Hurley apologist"?

I'll stick with giving my honest opinion. I think that's why Top Dogs has had some success. If you need blatant homerism or wild overreactions to anything and everything UConn, isn't that what the Boneyard is for?
I just figured you were torn between a respectful nod toward (or feeling the need to moderate your enthusiasms & pre-defend against) those who are still a bit shaky & cranky about the halftime deficit against Iona.

The whole thing could blow up at any moment, right?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh buddy now we’re just lying? I had to look it up since you couldn’t be bothered, so thanks, jerk.

Keep writing Goodmans paychecks and giving him a platform, you don’t totally look like a tool by association.
Well, that escalated pretty quickly.
Excellent what? He was so upset by my post that he made up something I never said as a ‘gotcha’. That’s just pathetic.
Who's upset now?

You're proving his assertion about the Boneyard by refuting what I'll believe is a recollection about you that Rob got wrong. A simple, "Sorry, it was somebody else" from him (because we can all be pretty certain that somebody expressed that sentiment) and you could reset to, "C'mon man, don't equivocate," while he could stick with, "Nah." There's not a huge gap there, and neither of you would be out of line, just not in agreement. But that seems like a fantasy now, and it'd probably better represent self-respect than disrespect if you got not apology. If it matters, I'm inclined to believe you weren't that guy then, but please don't be that guy now. You can both add value.

Reaction Score
You could say the same regarding just about every team, every off season in the transfer portal era

Reaction Score
Excellent what? He was so upset by my post that he made up something I never said as a ‘gotcha’. That’s just pathetic.
Someone in the spat looks pathetic but it’s not him…..telling a guy what he should have said or how to run his business and who he associates with is pretty low rent stuff and makes this place look bad

Reaction Score
You could say it about any team, but it wouldn't be as accurate for most teams as it is for our team.
I mean I disagree. Most teams aren’t returning 3 major contributors to a national championship team.

Our starting lineup will feature 2 starters from a national championship team, 2 projected lottery picks and a guy who averaged 14 ppg in the B10 last season. We don’t have any more question marks than anyone else

Reaction Score
I mean I disagree. Most teams aren’t returning 3 major contributors to a national championship team.

Our starting lineup will feature 2 starters from a national championship team, 2 projected lottery picks and a guy who averaged 14 ppg in the B10 last season. We don’t have any more question marks than anyone else
I'd guess 0 other teams are returning 3 major contributors from a national championship team.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure you're the same guy that was crushing me in January when I was telling everyone to stay the course, the season's not over, UConn doesn't need to fire Dan Hurley, etc. I believe the line was, "Hurley apologist"?

I'll stick with giving my honest opinion. I think that's why Top Dogs has had some success. If you need blatant homerism or wild overreactions to anything and everything UConn, isn't that what the Boneyard is for?
Love the podcast, keep up the good work. I even find Goodman entertaining even if he steps over the line occasionally and acts like a goofball.

Reaction Score
Love the podcast, keep up the good work. I even find Goodman entertaining even if he steps over the line occasionally and acts like a goofball.
Seconded @RobDauster. Very much appreciate your work and the Field of 68.

College basketball is much more interesting to me when UConn is at the top of the sport. You guys added to my enjoyment last year with all the UConn content and context.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Did people really get worked up about a prediction, basically six months before we start playing games that count, that has us between a three seed and a five seed?

No predictions will impact our results. Additionally, and I may be alone here, I'm looking forward to the NCAA tournament that seeds us as a five. We've won it all as a one, two, three, four and seven. Winning it all as a five is one of the seeds we need for Yahtzee.

Reaction Score
Did people really get worked up about a prediction, basically six months before we start playing games that count, that has us between a three seed and a five seed?

No predictions will impact our results. Additionally, and I may be alone here, I'm looking forward to the NCAA tournament that seeds us as a five. We've won it all as a one, two, three, four and seven. Winning it all as a five is one of the seeds we need for Yahtzee.
Nah top 3 seeds should be the standard around these parts going forward

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'd guess 0 other teams are returning 3 major contributors from a national championship team.
A+

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As good as I think we can be, we're losing a lot of talent. Our three best and most important players from last year are gone. Clingan can replace Sanogo and give us close to the same level of play, but replacing Hawkins and especially Andre is going to be very difficult.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
As good as I think we can be, we're losing a lot of talent. Our three best and most important players from last year are gone. Clingan can replace Sanogo and give us close to the same level of play, but replacing Hawkins and especially Andre is going to be very difficult.
It's the combination of Sanogo and Clingan that will have to be made up for somehow. We need some people to step up. Having them both was a great luxury and an absolute nightmare to opponents. Overall though we have a lot of young talent though and our staff and their practices I trust in.

Reaction Score

I like the way you think.
CA3020EF-F617-4BB2-8CF1-A90E5931059D.gif

41D04045-F9F7-46D9-9145-9020A52B269B.gif

Reaction Score
Year 5 of the Rebuild resulted in a NC.. The standard that DH and the staff have established has obviously changed over those years . Better get used to losing talented guys to the NBA on an annual basis that developed/grew their skill set at UConn... The New Normal in Storrs.. Reload and move on..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom