Top 5 Players to watch for each class next season? | The Boneyard

Top 5 Players to watch for each class next season?

Reaction Score
So I love WCB. However, I do tend to only watch certain conferences and certain teams from those conferences. For example, I only watched LSU once last season and that was when they played A&M. So I knew of the new BU transfer Chloe Jackson just from that game, but I hadn't watched her enough so I wasn't super familiar with her. So this upcoming season I am going to try and follow more teams and players.

Creating this list made me realize either the older players just catch my eye more and I had to really think hard about the Sophomores and Juniors. Looks like I need to watch more basketball than just my fave teams.
So for example here are a few for me

Seniors:
1. Kalani Brown
2. Katie Lou Samuelson
3. Tierra McCowan
4. Asia Durr
5. Sabrina Inonescue
6. Arike Ogunbowale

Juniors:
1. Lauren Cox
2. Joyner Holmes (she was such a promising Freshman, but I think sitting out threw her off)
3. Megan Walker

Sophomores:
1. Chennedy Carter
2. Alexis Morris

Freshman:
1. Christyn Williams
2. Charli Collier
3. Aquira DeCosta
4. Olivia Nelson-Ododa
5. Queen Egbo

Reaction Score
I will be honest I did some guessing becuase I should be working instead of posting, however don't mind the mistakes. At least I have the players on my list!! :)

Reaction Score
Alexis Morris; that girl can flat play. The reason Baylor lost in the sweet 16 is because she had a poor shooting game.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
So I love WCB. However, I do tend to only watch certain conferences and certain teams from those conferences. For example, I only watched LSU once last season and that was when they played A&M. So I knew of the new BU transfer Chloe Jackson just from that game, but I hadn't watched her enough so I wasn't super familiar with her. So this upcoming season I am going to try and follow more teams and players.

Creating this list made me realize either the older players just catch my eye more and I had to really think hard about the Sophomores and Juniors. Looks like I need to watch more basketball than just my fave teams.

Seniors:
1. Kalani Brown
2. Katie Lou Samuelson
3. Tierra McCowan
4. Asia Durr
5. Sabrina Inonescue
6. Arike Ogunbowale

Juniors:
1. Lauren Cox
2. Joyner Holmes (she was such a promising Freshman, but I think sitting out threw her off)
3. Megan Walker

Sophomores:
1. Chennedy Carter
2. Alexis Morris

Freshman:
1. Christyn Williams
2. Charli Collier
3. Aquira DeCosta
4. Olivia Nelson-Ododa
5. Queen Egbo

A few notes:

Sabrina is a Junior, so that gets the Seniors to 5. Brianna Turner could be a monster for Notre Dame this year and Jessica Shepard continues to develop (first two years were in BB purgatory).

Megan Walker is a sophomore, and she hasn't proven anything yet. But maybe she is top 5 in the sophomore class because how many others are there? I would probably add Rennia Davis and possibly Evina Westbrook, as they will get heavy minutes and are skilled. Kianna Smith looked good last year and so did Crystal Dangerfield.

Jackie Young from Notre Dame is a great junior, as is Ruthy Hebard. Not sure why you list Holmes, as she has been disappointing. Kaila Charles is very good and Leaonna Odom is special.

Your lists are very heavy on Baylor players. Will Egbo even play that much next season?

Reaction Score
A few notes:

Sabrina is a Junior, so that gets the Seniors to 5. Brianna Turner could be a monster for Notre Dame this year and Jessica Shepard continues to develop (first two years were in BB purgatory).

Megan Walker is a sophomore, and she hasn't proven anything yet. But maybe she is top 5 in the sophomore class because how many others are there? I would probably add Rennia Davis and possibly Evina Westbrook, as they will get heavy minutes and are skilled. Kianna Smith looked good last year and so did Crystal Dangerfield.

Jackie Young from Notre Dame is a great junior, as is Ruthy Hebard. Not sure why you list Holmes, as she has been disappointing. Kaila Charles is very good and Leaonna Odom is special.

Your lists are very heavy on Baylor players. Will Egbo even play that much next season?

Well I'm an obvious BU fan, but kind of like the Tenn Sophomores class is loaded with talent. So I see the BU class being the same. A bunch of player's to watch.

I think Egbo will surprise some people and will hopefully see a decent bit of playing time. I think she and Smith given the amount of time and attention could really be something awesome.
Also though even though my list is heavy on BU players are their any that do not deserve to be on this list? I think all except maybe Egbo, however this is my list and I really wanna see her play more.

Holmes is on the list because she had a great freshman year and disappointed me last year. However, I think the sitting out half the year threw her off. I'm hopeful to see her rise and play like the potential she has.

Jackie Young was one I was going to add, however I just don't know enough about her personally to add. Like I said this was to help me learn of other players and broaden my player awareness.

Reaction Score
Alexis Morris; that girl can flat play. The reason Baylor lost in the sweet 16 is because she had a poor shooting game.

What happened is what everyone suspected. Needed the guards to step up. Brown and Cox had their hands full. I knew this was going to happen again once we lost Wallace.

Reaction Score
Well my list isn't in any particular order. These are players I have watched in high school and throughout their collegiate careers.

Seniors:
1. Samuelson
2.Durr
3. Brown
4. Ogubowale
5. Collier

Juniors:
1. Ionescu
2.Cox/Hebard
3. Charles/ J. Young
4. Dangerfield/ Harris
5. Odom

Sophomores:
1. Carter
2. Walker (will make big jump)
3. R. Davis
4. B. Jackson (will make the T. Mitchell soph jump)
5. S. Sabally/ A. Morris

Frosh:
1. ONO
2. Collier
3. DeCosta
4. Williams
5. Henderson

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well my list isn't in any particular order. These are players I have watched in high school and throughout their collegiate careers.

Seniors:
1. Samuelson
2.Durr
3. Brown
4. Ogubowale
5. Collier

Juniors:
1. Ionescu
2.Cox/Hebard
3. Charles/ J. Young
4. Dangerfield/ Harris
5. Odom

Sophomores:
1. Carter
2. Walker (will make big jump)
3. R. Davis
4. B. Jackson (will make the T. Mitchell soph jump)
5. S. Sabally/ A. Morris

Frosh:
1. ONO
2. Collier
3. DeCosta
4. Williams
5. Henderson
Nailed-It.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Kiana Williams at Stanford is a soph to keep an eye on. She really finished the season well for the Card.

Their teams might not be very good, but Borislava "Bobbi" Hristova from Washington St. and Amber Melgoza from Washington are entertaining players that can pile up the points. Both will be Juniors.

She took a bit of a step backward last year, but Kristine Anigwe from Cal might be poised for a monster Sr. season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well I'm an obvious BU fan, but kind of like the Tenn Sophomores class is loaded with talent. So I see the BU class being the same. A bunch of player's to watch.

I think Egbo will surprise some people and will hopefully see a decent bit of playing time. I think she and Smith given the amount of time and attention could really be something awesome.
Also though even though my list is heavy on BU players are their any that do not deserve to be on this list? I think all except maybe Egbo, however this is my list and I really wanna see her play more.

Holmes is on the list because she had a great freshman year and disappointed me last year. However, I think the sitting out half the year threw her off. I'm hopeful to see her rise and play like the potential she has.

Jackie Young was one I was going to add, however I just don't know enough about her personally to add. Like I said this was to help me learn of other players and broaden my player awareness.

Just for your background: Jackie Young is the leading scorer in the history of Indiana High School Basketball -- Women's or Men's. Gene Hackman might've called a play for her if "Hoosiers" was redone.
Plus, she scored 30+ in the national semi-final game (which I'll try to low key out of respect to where I'm writing ;))

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The MD transfer Slocum will be a soph at Oregon St and is another to watch.

Agree. Same state, different team: I'm interested in seeing how ND transfer Erin Boley -- a sophomore in terms of eligibility -- fits in with the Oregon Ducks. If Sabrina Ionescu can find Erin in open space, watch out for that Boley jumper, which is awfully pretty. (sigh :confused:)

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Zay Green will have a impact.

Reaction Score

Seniors:
1. Kalani Brown
2. Katie Lou Samuelson
3. Tierra McCowan
4. Asia Durr
5. Sabrina Inonescue
6. Arike Ogunbowale

Juniors:
1. Lauren Cox
3. Megan Walker

Sophomores:
1. Chennedy Carter
2. Alexis Morris

Freshman:
1. Christyn Williams
2. Charli Collier
3. Aquira DeCosta
4. Olivia Nelson-Ododa
5. Queen Egbo

Pheesa is a senior

Reaction Score
Pheesa is a senior

Yes but she isn't on my list. However, you have your own list. So many talented Seniors and just didn't make it. However, if I had done a top 10 then she would be included. Not discounting her at all, just 5 players that I find really interesting. I say 5 since Lou is actually a Jr.

Reaction Score
The reason Baylor lost in Sweet 16 is they played against a better TEAM. Same reason they lost in the Elite 8 to the same better TEAM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom