Top 5 conference games in each major league this season | The Boneyard

Top 5 conference games in each major league this season

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
2 for UCF as well. People really expecting a lot from them this year.

Also great to see the American included in articles like this. The "Major 7" is a term I hope sticks.

Reaction Score
For everyone who was incredulous (or flat out disdainful, as some on this board were) of the addition of Wichita State to the AAC... this is exactly why it was done. Whatever you think of this conference we are currently in (I for one miss the glory days of the Big East as much as anyone on here), you have to give Aresco and his people credit for this bold move. Without question adding Wichita State has added to the perceived strength of AAC Men's Basketball.

With our recent problems culminating in last year's debacle, the AAC has been falling backward, and honestly was in danger of falling into the Mid-Major abyss. Cincinnati and SMU can not carry this league on their own, particularly when they can not get out of the first day, let alone the first weekend, of the tournament on a yearly basis.

Now you have a well-known and at least somewhat respected college basketball beat writer for a top college basketball website (cbssports.com) including us in "The Major 7". There is a direct and obvious correlation between the addition of Wichita State AND Gregg Marshall's cache and this addition to his "Major 7" by Matt Norlander.

Of course, the ultimate and most substantial sign of more respect for the AAC needs to come on Selection Sunday... so I am fine with any of you who want to take more of a "wait and see" attitude until then. But this is an encouraging and not-so-subtle improvement in perception that we desperately need.

Now let us all pray that we and our fellow league mates take advantage of this by actually winning some Out Of Conference games this year against name opponents to keep the positive momentum growing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom