Top 40 most beautiful women in films, pre 1960. | The Boneyard

Top 40 most beautiful women in films, pre 1960.

Reaction Score
Saw this on You tube, nicely done but with one huge glaring omission that I couldn't believe.

Reaction Score
Hmm... No Jayne Mansfield,adult Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, Donna Reid to name a few. I'm sure there are others, just haven't had my morning coffee yet to clear the cobwebs of my mind.

Reaction Score
I also would have said Ann Margaret until I went on line & saw that she began her film career in 1961.

Reaction Score
Not sure I would label them all "glaring omissions" but I would add several other past beauties to the list: Maureen O'Hara, Ingrid Bergman, Joan Collins, Raquel Welch, Loretta Young, Janet Leigh....and one of my all time favorites, Angie Dickinson!

Reaction Score
Not sure I would label them all "glaring omissions" but I would add several other past beauties to the list: Maureen O'Hara, Ingrid Bergman, Joan Collins, Raquel Welch, Loretta Young, Janet Leigh....and one of my all time favorites, Angie Dickinson!
Actually Maureen O'Hara, Ingrid Bergman, and Loretta Young all are in that top 40, watch it again. O'Hara ranked pretty high IIRC. Dickinson, Welch, Leigh, and Collins are perceived as post 1960 by most people. The one glaring omission I was referring to was Madeleine Carroll, who was thought by many to have been thee most beautiful woman in films (and was also the most highly paid) until she gave up acting during WW2. I'd put her at 3, right behind Taylor and Leigh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually Maureen O'Hara, Ingrid Bergman, and Loretta Young all are in that top 40, watch it again. O'Hara ranked pretty high IIRC. Dickinson, Welch, Leigh, and Collins are perceived as post 1960 by most people. The one glaring omission I was referring to was Madeleine Carroll, who was thought by many to have been thee most beautiful woman in films (and was also the most higly paid) until she gave up acting during WW2. I'd put her at 3, right behind Taylor and Leigh.
I guess I missed a few first time around ( very enjoyable, but I didn't expect it to be as long as it is and, at times, was pulled). Welch is post 1960, Collins (1955 major film) and Dickinson ( Ocean's 11 in 1960) fall rather close.....Janet Leigh however. started her acting career in major films in 1948 and I would have thought should have been included. Thanks for posting it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom