Top 4 Seeds | The Boneyard

Top 4 Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I haven't followed WCBB that closely besides a few big games and checking scores here and there...as far as I can tell, it seems that at this point in the season, most would guess that the top 4 seeds will end up being:
1. Baylor
2. Notre Dame
3. Connecticut
4. Stanford

At this point, who would you think should receive #2, #3 and #4 seeds?

Reaction Score
I think you have it right as is. Unless we can win in Notre Dame. Baylor and Notre Dame beat us. They also looked good doing it. We need to beat someone of that caliber to move up. I still don’t think Stanford is in our league.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I haven't followed WCBB that closely besides a few big games and checking scores here and there...as far as I can tell, it seems that at this point in the season, most would guess that the top 4 seeds will end up being:
1. Baylor
2. Notre Dame
3. Connecticut
4. Stanford

At this point, who would you think should receive #2, #3 and #4 seeds?
Per Creme the #2 are Duke, Penn St, Kentucky and Cal
#3 are Tennessee, Georgia, Texas A&M, Maryland
#4 are Florida St., S. Carolina, Dayton, Louisville

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Per Creme the #2 are Duke, Penn St, Kentucky and Cal
#3 are Tennessee, Georgia, Texas A&M, Maryland
#4 are Florida St., S. Carolina, Dayton, Louisville
A buck will buy you a cup of coffee, with Creme.

I think it is too early to say (unless you're paid to guess, like he is). Stanford might not be a lock for a #1 if Cal takes them in the Pac tourney, depending on how the #2's do. Duke could - I'm not saying will - suffer unexpected losses due to injury, Kentucky could slide a bit if they lose to Tennessee or Georgia in the SEC tourney, I'm not sure who else might challenge the bottom 4 but think Florida State and Louisville (especially) need to do work to ensure themselves of a top 4 seed. Etc.

Creme's picks always assume pretty much no upsets (unless he is particularly picking one). In real life, that's why they play the games.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Worst part of it is that we are 2nd or 3rd now no matter what so we have to play ND next week, probable Big East matchup and good chance we see them in the tourney as well. 1 out of the last 6 are we? - aargh.

Reaction Score
The Pac tourney winner gets the last #1 seed.
The Pac loser, SEC champ, and Penn St are the likely #2s. Duke is a bit of a wildcard w/o Gray. And they don't have an easy road left: FSU, @MD, @Mia, UNC. Some stumbles and they drop to a #3 or even #4.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Pac tourney winner gets the last #1 seed.
The Pac loser, SEC champ, and Penn St are the likely #2s. Duke is a bit of a wildcard w/o Gray. And they don't have an easy road left: FSU, @MD, @Mia, UNC. Some stumbles and they drop to a #3 or even #4.

I cant see Duke dropping to a 4... perhaps a 3. I will know alot more @ 5pm on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I cant see Duke dropping to a 4... perhaps a 3. I will know alot more @ 5pm on Sunday.

Sure they could. If they show that they stink without Gray (highly unlikely) and lose 3 of the last 4, they could fall a lot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sure they could. If they show that they stink without Gray (highly unlikely) and lose 3 of the last 4, they could fall a lot.

I still think at worst we go 3-1 down the stretch. If Duke does that..... then they should be a #2.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The downside to losing to Baylor is that we likely will get ND in the semifinals again. I'd rather play Stanford, but that will not be a gimme. If we get the 4th 1 seed, we play Baylor then ND, rather than ND and then Baylor. I'm not counting Stanford or anyone else out, I'm just looking at the most likely scenario.

Reaction Score
The downside to losing to Baylor is that we likely will get ND in the semifinals again. I'd rather play Stanford, but that will not be a gimme. If we get the 4th 1 seed, we play Baylor then ND, rather than ND and then Baylor. I'm not counting Stanford or anyone else out, I'm just looking at the most likely scenario.

Seems unlikely that ND or UConn end up as 4th #1. UConn's large wins over Stanford and Duke seem to guarantee that it will remain ahead of them. Since ND has not played either of those teams (or Cal), I suppose there's a chance it could fall to fourth with some losses, but even that is debateable.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I see Duke as a 2 even without Gray unless they lose to Maryland twice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seems unlikely that ND or UConn end up as 4th #1. UConn's large wins over Stanford and Duke seem to guarantee that it will remain ahead of them. Since ND has not played either of those teams (or Cal), I suppose there's a chance it could fall to fourth with some losses, but even that is debateable.
I think UConn and ND will be 2/3 or 3/2. If we lose twice to ND and Stanford runs the table, they may nab the 3 slot even though we beat them by 26. They would have 2 losses to our 4, though all of our losses would be to the top 2 teams.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see Duke as a 2 even without Gray unless they lose to Maryland twice.

I think the turtles get us this sunday..... much like it was with the Men.... this is the biggest game of the home season for them... and they will undoubtedly have their largest crowd of the year. With their lack of depth.... I dont think they can win 3 games in 44 hours in Greensboro next month. I think with them ditching the ACC.... the crowd will be against them more than usual. You may witness a truly unbelievable act..... Duke fans rooting for UNC if they play MD... and UNC fans rooting for Duke if they play MD :eek:

Reaction Score
Top four seeds as or 2/22/13 - Baylor, Notre Dame, UConn (locks) Stanford or Duke. IMO Baylor will not lose another game prior to the NCAA tournament and they are the overall #1 seed. UConn willl lose to ND at ND and then win the Big East Tournament in Hartford. Stanford will most likely win the Pac 12 tournament - although Cal could take it. If that happens, Cal should get the #1 seed out west. Duke is the team whose fate is most up in the air. How well can they play without Gray? Next is Stanford. Can they beat Cal again? Neither UConn nor ND will lose to any team other than each other prior to the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Top four seeds as or 2/22/13 - Baylor, Notre Dame, UConn (locks) Stanford or Duke. IMO Baylor will not lose another game prior to the NCAA tournament and they are the overall #1 seed. UConn willl lose to ND at ND and then win the Big East Tournament in Hartford. Stanford will most likely win the Pac 12 tournament - although Cal could take it. If that happens, Cal should get the #1 seed out west. Duke is the team whose fate is most up in the air. How well can they play without Gray? Next is Stanford. Can they beat Cal again? Neither UConn nor ND will lose to any team other than each other prior to the NCAA tournament.

there's no guarantee Cal and Stanford will play in Pac 12 championship game. Cal had some close calls throughout the conf, so I would not be shocked if they lost earlier. The play good D and rebound well, but they aren't great shooters, especially at the FT line. They remind me of some TN teams.

Reaction Score
there's no guarantee Cal and Stanford will play in Pac 12 championship game. Cal had some close calls throughout the conf, so I would not be shocked if they lost earlier. The play good D and rebound well, but they aren't great shooters, especially at the FT line. They remind me of some TN teams.
I think Stanford will win the Pac 12, but would not be shocked to see Cal or even UCLA beat them. I would be shocked to see anyone other than Baylor win their conference and shocked to see anyone other than ND or UConn win the Big East.

Reaction Score
I think Stanford will win the Pac 12, but would not be shocked to see Cal or even UCLA beat them. I would be shocked to see anyone other than Baylor win their conference and shocked to see anyone other than ND or UConn win the Big East.

UCLA is bad.

Reaction Score
Is UConn a lock for 1 seed even if they lose to ND in the regular season and lose to ND or somebody else in the BE tourney? I know in the men's game it would be strange to have a team as 1 seed that didn't at least tie for first place or win their tournament. It might not matter though because of UConn's overall record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom