Top 3 UConn dunkers | The Boneyard

Top 3 UConn dunkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've had some good ones, I'll say Stanley (of course), then Rudy and then Scotty:

Reaction Score
Norman Bailey, Stanley Robinson and Tony Robertson.

Bailey had ESPN's "Dunk of the Year" against Villanova.

Reaction Score
Norman Bailey, Stanley Robinson and Tony Robertson.

Bailey had ESPN's "Dunk of the Year" against Villanova.
Norman Bailey definitely #1.....still remember that dunk against Nova. Toraino Walker had some monster dunks, and of course Lyman against Ohio St, although that was quite isolated.

Worst dunkers: Al Lewis (the guy was 7 feet and couldn't dunk) and Phil Nolan

Reaction Score
My top 5
1. Rudy Gay
2. Stanley Robinson
3. Ray Allen
4. Jerome Dyson'
5. Kirk King

Reaction Score
Gay was a poetic dunker, but he wasn't a forceful dunker. He did a 360 dunk in a game the other day but he literally just dropped the ball in the rim and didn't finish with a power rip on the rim, a slight hang, and so on. It's the lack of the power finish that keeps me from putting him in the top 5.
Stan. Of course. Massive vertical, seemingly hanging in mid air, over guys, and rammed it in like he was flushing a detonated nuclear weapon into a bore hole.
Gordon, the few times he did it, was awesome to behold.
Khalid, of course, had that unexpected monster jam versus GTown in DC.

Reaction Score
I would never put Ray on the list. He always had that same, two-handed tomahawk that was nice but don't ever recall it being a jam to remember.
Stanley
Rudy
Donyell
King/Lamb
I'd give #5 to Boat just because he is 5ft something and it looks great when he is getting up that high to dunk. He does also have a nice and forceful flush to his dunks. Would explode if he ever did a corkscrew 360. It would be unbelievable.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
1. Jerome Dyson
2. Super Tony Robertson
* These guys had the most identical games / skill set I've ever seen in a Uconn
Uniform. IMHO
3. Caron

Reaction Score
1. Jerome Dyson
2. Super Tony Robertson
* These guys had the most identical games / skill set I've ever seen in a Uconn
Uniform. IMHO
3. Caron

You think that Dyson and Robertson had the same game? Look at their shooting numbers and re-think that.

Reaction Score
I would never put Ray on the list. He always had that same, two-handed tomahawk that was nice but don't ever recall it being a jam to remember.
Stanley
Rudy
Donyell
King/Lamb
I'd give #5 to Boat just because he is 5ft something and it looks great when he is getting up that high to dunk. He does also have a nice and forceful flush to his dunks. Would explode if he ever did a corkscrew 360. It would be unbelievable.
Check out his top ten on youtube...granted they're from the nba but all of them are vicious one handed jams over another player...just ask T-Mac if he could dunk...maybe he doesn't belong on the list and we all know he is a shooter but no doubt an explosive athlete who could throw down as well...

Reaction Score
Scott Burrell then everybody else. Dunk over Rodney Rogers was the best in UConn history.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
You think that Dyson and Robertson had the same game? Look at their shooting numbers and re-think that.
I'm not doing forensics. Im just going off memory but I will look it up now. They were very similiar at other aspects.

Reaction Score
Don't remember Norman Bailey.

For me it's Rudy and Stanley and everyone else. Tony Robertson wasn't one of the best, but one of my favorites for these two in a comeback win against BCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom