Top 3 Things You Want To See Wednesday Against Ball State | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Wednesday Against Ball State

Reaction Score
After our third loss to a top 5 team and an unexpected 4-3 record, it's time to regroup. Here are my top 3 things besides a win, which we very much need, and no injuries:

1) Nika to enjoy the moment, she will remember it her whole life.

2) Paige to assert herself and do what we all know she can and must do.

3) The freshmen, including Ice, to see the most minutes yet, and to play fundamentally sound defense.

There is no magic bullet here. It will take time and effort and everyone contributing everything they have and more.

Reaction Score
1. Ice having a big game, in particular scoring inside and rebounding well.

2. Caroline available (hope not expectation)

3. News that Ayanna is participating in some practices (even more hope not expectation)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think 2 things are always given: a win and no more injuries.

In addition:

1. A special time and performance for Nika to share with her family.

2. Better communication and defense.

3. Better movement of the ball and players, so that the offense flows smoothly.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction to being an elite team.

Reaction Score
1. A " Muhlish " game. Sounds like a "double header" to me!! (for all our baseball Boneyarders )
2. A quality experience and minutes of playing time for ICE and the three Freshman (KK, Q, and Ash).
3. Less turnovers, more assists, and solid defense.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So I'm not going to list 3 things the traditional way - I would like to see Geno start to shake things up. It's clear that the starting lineup he has is not working. Aubrey has been a shell of her former self, and her inconsistencies, like Aaliya's, are troubling. He has no choice to start "A" freshmen, but I have no problem benching Aubrey, and even Nika, trying out Ashlynn/Quadence and KK as the starters along with Paige, Aaliyah and Ice.

Frankly against Texas I think he started Ice for more size against Texas' big frontcourt, so I wouldn't be sad to see Ice come off the bench and literally go with KK, Paige, Ashlynn, Qadence and Aaliyah as starters. Against a team like Ball State seems like a good time to try something new. I am 99.9% sure Nika starts, but I stand by my "shake things up a bit" comment... :)

Reaction Score
I want: Paige, Edwards, Q, KK, and Shades starting--they've earned it.
A win by large numbers
Smiles all around from the opening tap to the final bell.

Reaction Score
Never disagree with a Brown!
The rebounding is killing the offense. No fast breaks. No second or 3rd shots. Under the boards the legs are stronger than the backs combine both and you can move mountains or a 6 ft 5 player at least.

Reaction Score
So I'm not going to list 3 things the traditional way - I would like to see Geno start to shake things up. It's clear that the starting lineup he has is not working. Aubrey has been a shell of her former self, and her inconsistencies, like Aaliya's, are troubling. He has no choice to start "A" freshmen, but I have no problem benching Aubrey, and even Nika, trying out Ashlynn/Quadence and KK as the starters along with Paige, Aaliyah and Ice.

Frankly against Texas I think he started Ice for more size against Texas' big frontcourt, so I wouldn't be sad to see Ice come off the bench and literally go with KK, Paige, Ashlynn, Qadence and Aaliyah as starters. Against a team like Ball State seems like a good time to try something new. I am 99.9% sure Nika starts, but I stand by my "shake things up a bit" comment... :)
My only exception is that I would start Nika this game against her sister. That is the whole point of playing Ball State.

Reaction Score
I want: Paige, Edwards, Q, KK, and Shades starting--they've earned it.
A win by large numbers
Smiles all around from the opening tap to the final bell.
There won't be a smile on Nika's face if she doesn't start against her sister. She earned that over almost 4 seasons far more than the frosh earned the right to start next game.

Reaction Score
A little bit of a contrarian view:
-While we will need Paige and Edwards to lead the offense most of the remainder of the season, this isn't one of those games. Would like to see 1-2 of the other players step up and lead the team in scoring. We need another player who plays like Lou did last year - when you need a bucket, she stepped up.
-Focus on weak side rebounding. When we have 4 guards or 3 guards and wing in, the weak side defender is usually a player used to getting out on the break, not box out. Lack of weak side rebounding needs to be solved. It's not always a height issue.
-Shut down driving guards. For several years now, even when we knew the opposition's guards liked to drive to the basket, Huskies were not prepared to stop them. Nika in particular was not able to defend these moves. While Geno went more to a zone defense last week, better man to man defense from the UConn guards would help.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1. Nika and Hana rolling around on the floor with the ball locked in death grips

2. A win

3. A win

Reaction Score
1. Increase in transition scoring opportunities
2. Under 10 turnovers
3. Balanced contributions (Everyone scoring, rebounding, and passing)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom