Top 3 Things You Want To See Tuesday Against Butler | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Tuesday Against Butler

Reaction Score
After a gritty victory over a physical Marquette team, here are the top 3 things I want to see against Butler:

1) The return of the transition game, with Nika getting double digits in assists:

2) She's back. Caroline to build on the last game with a reduction in turnovers to only 2 and Aubrey returning and spelling her;

3) Aaliyah and Dorka to dominate, with Amari and Ay getting solid minutes and playing in the flow of the offense and moving with speed and purpose.

Happy New Year to all Boneyarders everywhere. What will 2023 bring? I only know this. Once Azzi and Aubrey are back and fully in gear, we are going to be a sight to behold. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
1. Even more Caroline -- that's me, the broken record

2. A little bit of Azzi, testing the waters, if only for 5 or 10 minutes.

3. A little more Amari, with those long arms in the paint, refining her footwork and building up her willingness to fight for position.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Even more Caroline -- that's me, the broken record

2. A little bit if Azzi, testing the waters, if only for 5 or 10 minutes.

3. A little more Amari, with those long arms in the paint, refining her footwork and building up her willingness to fight for position.
#1 is critical to our team. I couldn't be happier with her performance yesterday. The turnovers are going to go away soon. She just needs to let the game come to her. She is a great talent. Plus she has ice in her veins.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
When asked after the game about getting hit in the head and the ice pack, Caroline said, "I'm fine," or something to that effect.
After watching Bri's interview with Caroline's HS coach, I was hoping that her answer would have been "I needed an ice pack????".

Reaction Score
1. Dorka made me nervous when she was down on the floor.... NO MORE INJURIES!
2. Edwards refinding her mojo. She's been great so far this year.
3. Continue working on reducing TOs. Only 2 in first quarter with Marquette, but 8 in the second quarter.

Reaction Score
1. No injuries - every game there is a scary moment with a UConn player on the floor or hit on the heard, etc...
2. A comfortable win with no starter playing more than 32 min. a lot of playing time for Amari, AP and Ines.
3. Aubry Aubry, Aubry...we miss you! I assume Azzi will not play in this game...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. A Win
2. Aubry and Azzi play
3. No More INJURIES

Reaction Score
1. No injuries - every game there is a scary moment with a UConn player on the floor or hit on the heard, etc...
2. A comfortable win with no starter playing more than 32 min. a lot of playing time for Amari, AP and Ines.
3. Aubry Aubry, Aubry...we miss you! I assume Azzi will not play in this game...
I’d assume she would play based on Genos comments

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
For the first time since the Texas game (Nov 14) I'd like to see every player who started the season available to play. Aubrey should be available and fingers crossed for Azzi.

Two games against 2 of the weaker teams in the Big East (Butler and Xavier) come at a perfect time to work Azzi and Aubrey back into the lineup.

Reaction Score
1. Keep the ball moving, keep the people moving. Motion offense with cuts, screens, passes and high percentage shots.
2. Keep the turnovers down. 10 looks like a good target.
3. Strong defense. Win the rebound battle.

Reaction Score
1. No injuries
2. Limit turnovers (this has to be a point of emphasis.)
3. Easing in Azzi to get her warmed up and back in the swing of things. Aubrey too!

Reaction Score
-DeBerry plays with confidence and physical presence
-Caroline consistently gets that ball when open on back cuts. Every game, she is open multiple times and often is overlooked
-UConn's offense never slows down. Most of the bad passes and resulting turnovers are a result of a stagnet offense where the defender can see where the ball is going at the same time as the offensive player

Reaction Score
1. Keep turnovers down.
2. Rebound/defend like against Marquette
3. For AE to bounce back with another big game.
3a. For CD to keep going!

Reaction Score
1) no injuries
2) movement without the ball
3) defense leading to transition baskets

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
1. Aubrey and Azzi back
2. Less turnovers
2. Some kind, any kind of offensive game from Ayanna

Online statistics