Top 3 Things You Want To See Tonight Against Kansas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Tonight Against Kansas

Reaction Score
I thought she played a good floor game until, as you say, she reverted to her freshman self which was not unexpected. I hope she starts next game if Caroline isn't back. It will give her confidence in her role. We really need the old Caroline but as has been written in several other threads, her return to freshman form is questionable at best. It is painful to see such promise never materialize so let's hope for the best with her. Having said that, we need another scorer besides Paige and Aaliyah. Last game it was Aubrey but she has been inconsistent. So has Aaliyah for that matter. If the ball goes in to her it hardly ever comes out which makes it easy to predict and defend. She also forces and turns it over when she does. Since she is not looking to be a passing threat it freezes everyone else on the court. We have to run, especially with KK out there but you have to box out defensively and rebound to do it. Big test coming up with Texas on Sunday.
Huge test.

Reaction Score
I would hope to see incremental improvement, but it will take time for the freshman to deliver the kind of defense needed at UConn.
Do you think that with the playing time they are getting under the circumstances and against the teams they are playing, in sometimes hostile environments, that incremental improvement becomes accelerated? I do. I am sure they have figured out by now that if you play good defense, which means not getting lost, switching correctly, and boxing out, you stay on the floor. That's why I think Ash starts against Texas unless CD is all healed and ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom