Top 3 Things You Want To See Tomorrow Against Minnesota | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Tomorrow Against Minnesota

Reaction Score
There has been a great amount of analysis of the Arkansas game on the BY. Let's see what tomorrow brings. My top 3 things are:

1) Tight defense in front of the offensive player using the feet and not the arms and beating the player to the spot to stop drives. Closing down passing lanes with our bigs blocking shots on help defense by not swatting down but by blocking the shot in the air after release.

2) We take at least 3 charges.

3) Evina plays 2 full halves of aggressive offensive basketball.

What are yours?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Minnesota has more talent than they are given credit for. I just hope we do have a chance to see the Freshmen and Dorka a little more than we did with Arkansas.
In these first two games, I think we'll see a lot more of the bench players than we saw Sunday. Three games in three days mandates that Geno NOT play his starters 40 minutes. The third game will be THE game of the tournament. You don't want your best players to have tired legs at any point in that game. South Carolina and Oregon should play each other on Sunday. There's no guarantee that SC wins that one.
Oregon is a very worthy elite opponent. Oregon is currently ranked #9.

The tournament officials flipped the script. They've scheduled the championship game as the first game of the day on Monday. Most tournaments schedule the championship game as the final game of the tournament. ESPN may have had something to say about that.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
1. Saylor
2. A little more Saylor
3. Saylor

Oops, that ship has sayled.

Seriously though, no video issues; Azzi hitting more 3s; Ditto Caroline.

Reaction Score
Defense
There has been a great amount of analysis of the Arkansas game on the BY. Let's see what tomorrow brings. My top 3 things are:

1) Tight defense in front of the offensive player using the feet and not the arms and beating the player to the spot to stop drives. Closing down passing lanes with our bigs blocking shots on help defense by not swatting down but by blocking the shot in the air after release.

What are yours?
How well guards defend perimeter and Powell

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

What are yours?
As soon as the game ends, stop by Oldude's post game thread. The BY will blow up with thoughts, analysis and concerns from all. I can't wait to read them. :cool:

Reaction Score
1) Dorka, Azzi and Caroline more at ease and playing like they are part of the Husky Army.
2) At least 10 dimes from Paige. We KNOW she can put it in the bucket. If she can get assists it means some other things are working.
3) Nika and Aayleah working together on defense like they did down the stretch last year. They can really do a number on the other team's psyche.
UCONN can use the first 2 games to settle a few issues and set up an effective rotation. Let's be hitting on all eight cylinders for Monday's game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1) Dorka, Azzi and Caroline more at ease and playing like they are part of the Husky Army.
2) At least 10 dimes from Paige. We KNOW she can put it in the bucket. If she can get assists it means some other things are working.
3) Nika and Aayleah working together on defense like they did down the stretch last year. They can really do a number on the other team's psyche.
UCONN can use the first 2 games to settle a few issues and set up an effective rotation. Let's be hitting on all eight cylinders for Monday's game.
I would rather be hitting on all 12 cylinders on Monday. I'm not counting too much on Aubrey because she just started to practice just a couple of days ago.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see better defensive organization. For me that means guards funneling drivers into places where the next level defense is rotating to the right spot to cut them off or defend the rim where it is best for the post not the driver.

I watched Vandy last night and I fear our defense went with Shea... Vandy is young but they had a defensive vision. We need Morgan to get it together and prove me wrong.

I'd like an opposing total under 55 each game....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The games posted to husky games the same day. ;)

@gampelcrazies, @tcf15

Calm Down Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
Two of my three are the same from the first game

1) Caroline to hit a 3, look a little more comfortable out there
2) Solid perimeter defense
3) Azzi look a little more comfortable and to hit a few more threes. I want to see a FOY performance, I know she has it in her.

Reaction Score

What are yours?
I would like to see the defense begin to look sharp, as you stated. Beyond that, I would like to see Miss Fudd " grow" and blossom. And I would like to see the same from Caroline D. As a fourth...I'd like to see the Muhl back in form. Lastly, does Mir McClain have a shot? And how is Aubrey recovering from her ankle sprain?

A lot to ask for only our second third and fourth games.

Reaction Score
For JordyG.
1. Less chat “need” post.
2. Less repeated chat post.
3. Lots of UConn made baskets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members