Top 3 Things You Want To See Thursday Night Against Xavier | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Thursday Night Against Xavier

Reaction Score
After a very cohesive team effort with a lessening of turnovers and solid team defense against Butler, here are the top 3 things I want to see against Xavier:

1) Azzi:

2) No new injuries, sicknesses, or conditions as to our players or coaches:

3) Ayanna to build on her game against Butler and have fun playing two games in a row and also going straight back up after an offensive rebound without a baby dribble.

Let's keep it going Huskies!

Reaction Score
Since I can’t get my primary wish of more Caroline, I’ll wish for the following:

1. More Amari — so many things have to go right for our NC run, and she is one of them

2. More of the happy Ayanna on the court — that huge smile she had on the court was wonderful to see. If she’s happy, it may mean she’s turning a corner in her development

3. Nika to recover her assist mojo. Her numbers have dipped a bit in the last few games. It’s probably in part because she doesn’t have as many shooters to pass to, in part because Aaliyah and Dorka have developed their own passing games and begun to ratchet up their own assist numbers. Nika has also thrown more passes into double teams in the paint in recent games. This is also probably because we’re down a couple perimeter shooters.

Reaction Score
Since I can’t get my primary wish of more Caroline, I’ll wish for the following:

1. More Amari — so many things have to go right for our NC run, and she is one of them

2. More of the happy Ayanna on the court — that huge smile she had on the court was wonderful to see. If she’s happy, it may mean she’s turning a corner in her development

3. Nika to recover her assist mojo. Her numbers have dipped a bit in the last few games. It’s probably in part because she doesn’t have as many shooters to pass to, in part because Aaliyah and Dorka have developed their own passing games and begun to ratchet up their own assist numbers. Nika has also thrown more passes into double teams in the paint in recent games. This is also probably because we’re down a couple perimeter shooters.
Agree. Once Azzi comes back Nika's assist numbers will jump. Azzi is the best catch and shoot player in the country. Imagine Caroline at her Marquette level and Aubrey at her Butler level last night. It gives you the best 3 position in women's basketball and either one can fill in some minutes at the 4 if needed and for Caroline even at the 2 sparingly. It just rachets up the offense with two very difficult players to defend both of whom can finish and move well without the ball.

Reaction Score
  • More of everything from Aubrey, but especially 3 pointers. Spread the floor from the wing a bit for Lou.
  • More assists for Nika, especially when the non-starters are on the floor. Everybody eats because Nika feeds em all!
  • Azzi. Pretty please with sugar on top, even if only for a few minutes.

Reaction Score
1) Get the TO number under 10
2) More consistency from tip off to final buzzer
3) Just a little PT for Azzi

Reaction Score
1. No more health issues.
2. More for/from bench players.
3. A good win.

Reaction Score
1. Everyone dressed for the game plays and finishes healthy.
2. Geno is back to feeling well also. I'm too old to be continually worried about the team and coaches health! (and especially true as I'm a Bills fan).
3. A big fun win playing UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
1. Azzi
2. More 3s
3. Another game with turnover control.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
  • More of everything from Aubrey, but especially 3 pointers. Spread the floor from the wing a bit for Lou.
  • More assists for Nika, especially when the non-starters are on the floor. Everybody eats because Nika feeds em all!
  • Azzi. Pretty please with sugar on top, even if only for a few minutes.
Azzi for 4 minutes each half. A 4 minute running clock goes remarkably fast.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1. Poise
2. Execution
3. Play with Confidence

Reaction Score
After a very cohesive team effort with a lessening of turnovers and solid team defense against Butler, here are the top 3 things I want to see against Xavier:

1) Azzi:

2) No new injuries, sicknesses, or conditions as to our players or coaches:

3) Ayanna to build on her game against Butler and have fun playing two games in a row and also going straight back up after an offensive rebound without a baby dribble.

Let's keep it going Huskies!
No need to push Azzi into this one. No need to push her at all. She must be 100%, or we shall lose her again. So what if we lose some games? The season will be the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
1) Azzi on the court for atlest a bit
2) Good minutes from the bench
3) return to Nika 10+ assists, Dorka & Aaliyah double doubles, Lou & Aubrey scoring in flow of the offense

Reaction Score
1. No more injuries has to be first on everyone's mind.
2. Better shooting % on 3s (back to 40%+)
3. Smarter, crisper passing (fewer turnovers).

Reaction Score
1) CD sitting next to Geno.
2) A game in control to get minutes for all available players.
3) Assist to TO ratio looking more UConn like. ;)

Reaction Score
1. More players and coaches healthy!
2. Fewer turnovers
3. More than 65 shots on basket!

Reaction Score
The only thing I want to see is the GAME. I get Fox sports channel and sometimes I get the game and sometimes I dont.

Reaction Score
Mine are the same as many above-
1. No more injuries or illnessess
2. Geno and Azzi available
3. Everyone suited up plays many minutes and "Everyone eats!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members