Top 3 Things You Want To See Thursday Against Northeastern | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Thursday Against Northeastern

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Especially if we are expecting Texas to apply a full court pressure defense, we might want to see multiple ball handlers in this game.

Reaction Score
As for Ines, I couldn't agree more. The kid is a player. Just the quality of the passes she threw, strong, confident, and in the perfect place, were revelatory to me. I think there is a speed gap right now, probably from the way she was used to playing and the players she was playing against in Europe. She will adjust to that I am sure. She also can go to the hole and has a nice stroke so more minutes will be very informative. Hopefully we will be further impressed Thursday night.

Reaction Score
1 - Everyone plays UConn basketball for a big win.
2 - No injuries
3 - Team jells and gets ready for Texas (I really want this team to make Vic feel the same way he did on his first UConn encounter :D).

Reaction Score
Caroline playing and scoring inside, outside, etc
Amari getting into the action more
Aubrey with good scoring- we need her!

Reaction Score
As for Ines, I couldn't agree more. The kid is a player. Just the quality of the passes she threw, strong, confident, and in the perfect place, were revelatory to me. I think there is a speed gap right now, probably from the way she was used to playing and the players she was playing against in Europe. She will adjust to that I am sure. She also can go to the hole and has a nice stroke so more minutes will be very informative. Hopefully we will be further impressed Thursday night.
If you can find the first Portuguese U 18 Fiba game from this SUMMER ( early August, 2022?) in
that first quarter you will see Ines display some speed, quickness, and passing. It was a rout and
she did not play as much in the second half ( as I recall ). The game was against someone like
North Macedonia. ENJOY.!

Reaction Score
If you can find the first Portuguese U 18 Fiba game from this SUMMER ( early August, 2022?) in
that first quarter you will see Ines display some speed, quickness, and passing. It was a rout and
she did not play as much in the second half ( as I recall ). The game was against someone like
North Macedonia. ENJOY.!
Just watched it. She looked really good. I also got more of an understanding as to why Nika committed so many cheap American fouls the last two years. It's because they allow so much more incidental contact. Also, the fact that you knew about this game and actually remembered North Macedonia is pretty terrifying!

Reaction Score
1. Tighten up the defense.
2. NO INJURIES.
3. Dominate on the inside.

Reaction Score
Well, now we all have a frame of reference. Here are my top 3 things against Northeastern:

1) I want to see Caroline play which will tell me that she is fully recovered.

2) I want to see the ball going underneath to Dorka, Liya and Ay with regularity.

3) I want to see Aubrey drive and shoot a pull up and also make a 3.

Most of all, I just want to see them play again. They are really a lot of fun to watch!! Who wouda thunk it?
Caroline would be #1, but she is off the table. She is a MAJOR asset and her continued rehab is a concern - even more so with such a short bench.

Amari would be #2, I want her to come to maturity and provide the talent and ability we believe she has - but we haven't seen.

Defense without fouls - UConn style. If the team can play great defense without many fouls we have a better chance as a team - especially with our short bench.

#4 - No injuries, the short staff puts us in harm's way for so many potentialities like a simple recurrence of Covid or the injury bug which in year's past UConn successfully avoided but last year we regressed to the mean. More players would be helpful.

sun

Reaction Score
I'd like to see moderation.

1. A moderate effort instead of excessive effort to avoid unnecessarily risky plays & moves.
2. Moderation with regard to scoring. After all why try to make excessive & risky plays & efforts to blow Northeastern away by 50, 60 or 70+ points when 30 or 40 points would suffice.
3. A fair amount of garbage time so that more players can receive a moderate amount of PT.
The game is basically just another tune up for the tougher games ahead.
We shouldn't need to crash the boards as if it's a NC game.

We all want to see a UConn player or two become an All-American, but let's hope they can all stay healthy enough to play the upcoming games at full strength.
It's more important to put up their best effort when it's needed rather than before it's really needed.
The players shouldn't be in competition with each other for PT against a team that should be an easy blow out.
The team shouldn't over tax themselves to please the crowd just because the game is being played at Gampel.
Players only need to play within themselves and to not try to go overboard just to create better stats.
I don't want this game to become a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Aubrey to make 2+ outside shots, one of which is a 3.
2. Muhl play her great defense without slapping at the ball.
3. Patterson to make 2 layups and 2 outside shots

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Azzi makes 15 treys.

2. Nika records a triple-double.

3. Both Dorka and Liya post double-doubles.

1. Azzi shot 15-16 inside the arc, including from the FT line. My geography was off.

2. Not quite, but she had another strong game: 3/0/7/6/1. Odd stat line.

3. Dorka 14/11 and Liya 14/12. Frankly, I'm not surprised.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom