Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday Against NC State | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday Against NC State

Reaction Score
Unlike some others I'm not going to try to tell Geno who to play so my desires are easy:
1 No injuries on either side
2. UConn plays UConn ball and makes free throws and bunnies.
e. UConn wins

Also unlike some I happen to be a NFL fan so Sunday games are not a friend in the afternoon. I will be watching my other team (the Bills) play first then will catch the replay of the UConn game. The NFL is not likely to show me the UConn score but the UConn game will probably show the NFL scores which dictates the order for viewing.

Reaction Score
1. When I was watching the first half of the Texas game I was afraid Edwards was going to repeat last year's slow start. She looked great the second half, though. Would like to see her put two great halves together.
2. Dorka needs to be able to score through contact. If both Dorka and Edwards can present a potent inside attack, I think it will only help our guards have more open opportunities.
3. Don't lose intensity when up big. Our past great teams never did. Even though it enabled me to win the prediction thread, I would have preferred to see them stay focused at the end.

Reaction Score
Scud49 is right on the money. Need continued development of Ayanna, i.e., learn and use the pump fake. Ayanna is a long time star developing for the Huskies......

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Geno (or anyone else at UConn ) has ever explained why they schedule so many games on Sunday afternoons during football season.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Geno (or anyone else at UConn ) has ever explained why they schedule so many games on Sunday afternoons during football season.
Don't think it's up to him. If it were they wouldn't have played Monday night.

Reaction Score
1) continuing progress towards becoming a defensive juggernaut
2) great ball movement and offensive efficiency
3) limit our fouls and hit our free throws

Translate: another step towards the greatness of Uconn wcbb (i.e., beautiful basketball) - our true opponent is perfection, the guys on the other side of the court are 'practice players' helping us in the battle.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
1) A good, close game...with no blowout on either side
2) No injuries
3) An NC State win.

Will be hard for these two teams to replicate March's double-OT thriller.

Reaction Score
1) As Geno has said “G-d forbid someone makes a free throw”
2) They’ll be sitting all over our guards. Time for our front court to own the paint.
3) Play hard for 40 minutes

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Obviously a win
Continue the fast breaks
Not pushing anyone player to play more minutes.
No injuries

Reaction Score
1. The matchup of Diamond Johnson against our guards she is very quick but you can't lay off her because she is a very good 3 point shooter. Who will guard her?
2. Who will Diamond Johnson guard. She is very small and if we have Azzi, Caroline, Lou or Aubrey at guards she wont be able to handle anyone of them.
3. Can we stop Boyd underneath. She is 6'2 we great moves around the hoop. I hope Aaliyah is up to the task.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. A great game with a UConn win at the end.

2. Injury free game for both teams.

3. Better FS1 announcers than the Texas game.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Ayanna get 20+ minutes by not fouling a lot while playing great defense and 12+ rebounds.

sun

Reaction Score
I'd like to see UConn control the tempo of the game by continuing to push its own offense while slowing down the NC State offense.
I'd like to see UConn not rely on the 3's too much, and to work the mid range and inside game.
And I'd like to see liberal substitutions so than UConn can establish a plug & play mentality involving as many players as possible. Keep their legs fresh & let them all contribute as much as the score allows for substitutions to be made. Then NC State won't be able to wear down our best scorers before the 4th quarter push, or get them into foul trouble late in the game.
The game needs to be won in the 4th quarter with good foul shooters more than the 1st.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In light of today's news about Dorka, I have a revised list:

1) Still a win;

2) Caroline to play 20 minutes, not 15, and have a Caroline type of game;

3) Ayanna, Aaliyah and Aubrey to stay out of foul trouble.

Sadly, the hits just keep on coming for this program.

Reaction Score
1. A great game with a UConn win at the end.

2. Injury free game for both teams.

3. Better FS1 announcers than the Texas game.
Can the announcers be any worse? Was it a walk, an offensive foul, or something else? Who cares? Let's just keep on blabbing.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    949.9 KB · Views: 89

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics