Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday Against Florida State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday Against Florida State

Reaction Score
1. Mental toughness. Keep focused for the entire game.
2. Keep up the rebounding effort shown at Maryland.
3. Defense leading to easy baskets (that lack might have been the key to the Md loss).

Reaction Score
After the Maryland game, here are my top 3 things this Sunday against Florida State:

1) A win;

2) A substantial reduction in turnovers as a team;

3) Nika and Dorka to play, but whether they do or they don't, Caroline and Aubrey to score 35+ points between them, have 15+ boards, and everyone else to have solid, focused, sense of urgency games.

Time to bounce back after a week of rest and retooling.
I'd like to see;

1. Ines score a double double
2. Amari drain 6 threes and top 20 points, and
3. Caroline to be MVP

Reaction Score
Dorka
Dorka
Dorka
If she doesn't play, she needs to be visiting with a sports psychologist. She was cleared weeks ago..it's all in her head.
I am starting to have concerns over Dorka. When someone is described as maybe being available, or a gametime decision, you usually believe that if even if they don't play that one, the next one is likely. We have had several games of that, and now a week in between games.

From what we have heard neither doctors nor Geno is keeping her out. It is just Dorka's reaction. She doesn't have to be 100% back to help the team, and is well past the medical clearance, so I don't get it up to this point, and even more so if she doesn't play this Sunday.

Reaction Score
I am starting to have concerns over Dorka. When someone is described as maybe being available, or a gametime decision, you usually believe that if even if they don't play that one, the next one is likely. We have had several games of that, and now a week in between games.

From what we have heard neither doctors nor Geno is keeping her out. It is just Dorka's reaction. She doesn't have to be 100% back to help the team, and is well past the medical clearance, so I don't get it up to this point, and even more so if she doesn't play this Sunday.
I think I get it. She had two fractures on the same hand and is gun shy right now. However, the only way to get rid of the fear is to confront it by playing. At the end of the day, it's about your own internal confidence not only in hoops but in everything else in life. She probably is just waiting for the internal voice to tell her "GO". I think we will see her Sunday.

Reaction Score

I also think she is a wonderful teammate and realizes she is sorely needed by the team. The love they showed for her in the Elite 8 game last year was extraordinary and she is not going to let them down.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Dorka's issues are apparently mental. If she couldn't get her head together to help when as we were severely undermanned against Maryland, I don't know if she will be ready till after Christmas. I don't see NIka back any time soon either so...

1) I'd like to see a win
2) I'd like to see no one lose a limb, since that seems about the only bad luck injury we haven't seen from a player yet.
3) Regardless if no Nika or Dorka, I'd like to see Amari and Ines get some playing time of meaningful minutes during the game, not at the very end.

Go UCONN!

vaeman

CT transplant to DMV
Reaction Score
1) A WIN
2) Cut down on turnovers..single digits?
3) No injuries

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. Nika is playing, so I hope she is her old self

2. Dorka is projected to also play, so I hope she is her old self

3. NO ONE GETS INJURED!!!!!

Reaction Score
No injuries
Win the game
Ines,Amari & Yanna continue to improve and do some damage to FSU

Reaction Score
1. Good ball and player movement
2. More shots at the basket than the opponents
3. Few turnovers

Reaction Score
Nika picking up where she left off!
Great offensive flow and defensive intensity by our guys
All smiles after our tenth game ( and seeing revised assessment of Nika from @TeamFirst! )

Reaction Score
1) An injury-free win
2) Nika with more assists than the team has turnovers
3) Some physical toughness in the paint, especially from Dorka and Amari (I have no doubt we'll see that from Aaliyah and Ayanna)

Reaction Score
1) Ines with at least 7 minutes in rotation, coming in at least in 2nd quarter.
2) Ayanna with her usual 7-10 minutes rotation.
3) Amari with 5-7 minutes in rotation, coming in at least 3rd quarter.
Developing the bench will only help the team in the long run!

Reaction Score
1) Ines with at least 7 minutes in rotation, coming in at least in 2nd quarter.
2) Ayanna with her usual 7-10 minutes rotation.
3) Amari with 5-7 minutes in rotation, coming in at least 3rd quarter.
Developing the bench will only help the team in the long run!
Very true. Now that we know that Nika is playing and that Dorka may (I think she will play at least several minutes) the main thing is for the defense to tighten because of Nika and the team to be able to run and get their mojo back on offense because of the passing and annoying play of our very fierce and talented point guard. The chief beneficiaries of Nika's passes on the break are often Lou, CD and Aubrey with Aaliyah doing very well as the trailer. Looking forward to the game now with great anticipation instead of worry and expecting solid minutes from our bench players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom