Top 3 Things You Want To See Monday Night Against Villanova | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Monday Night Against Villanova

Reaction Score
To quote Ms. Taurasi many years ago- "Total Domination". These however are my top 3 specific things:

1) Defense, defense, defense- It's actually been beautiful to watch. Absolutely no quarter given to the only conference team to beat us in a long, long, long time.

2) We can win with Azzi, Paige and Caroline scoring 8 points combined but let's not make a habit of it. To get to the FF and beyond, all 3 of them have to get back on track. While Azzi and Paige looked tired today, CD is just not getting the ball where and when she should. Let's fix that.

3) Destroy them underneath with our height and power and own the glass on both ends.

That should do it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Azzi needs to make shots.

I know her shooting form is perfect but all that matters is the ball going in the basket.

I know she's a freshman but that didn't matter to Paige, or Kaleena, or Maya.

Azzi played the 2nd most minutes today and Geno ran plays in the 2nd half to get her open shots. He knows how important she is to team's success in the NCAAT.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. A decisive win to show that the earlier loss to Villanova was an anomaly.

2. Force Nova to play more uptempo than they want by trapping them and turning them over.

3. Solid shooting inside the arc, outside the arc, on layups, and on free throws. It's time to play crisply and as error free as possible.

Reaction Score
To quote Ms. Taurasi many years ago- "Total Domination". These however are my top 3 specific things:

1) Defense, defense, defense- It's actually been beautiful to watch. Absolutely no quarter given to the only conference team to beat us in a long, long, long time.

2) We can win with Azzi, Paige and Caroline scoring 8 points combined but let's not make a habit of it. To get to the FF and beyond, all 3 of them have to get back on track. While Azzi and Paige looked tired today, CD is just not getting the ball where and when she should. Let's fix that.

3) Destroy them underneath with our height and power and own the glass on both ends.

That should do it.
Post up CD!!! Screen for Paige to get into the key & either hit the mid-range or draw the defense and kick it to Azzi. BOOM.

Reaction Score
1. Siegrist's first 3 shots blocked by ONO. Keep her thinking.
2. Get the ball to Caroline when she is open on cuts to the basket. Shooters often start making their 3-pointers after a few layups.
3. Nika keep making 1-2 3's a game. Will help keep the defense off others.

Reaction Score
Pretty much the same intensity and energy the team had against Marquette.

Reaction Score
Azzi needs to make shots.

I know her shooting form is perfect but all that matters is the ball going in the basket.

I know she's a freshman but that didn't matter to Paige, or Kaleena, or Maya.

Azzi played the 2nd most minutes today and Geno ran plays in the 2nd half to get her open shots. He knows how important she is to team's success in the NCAAT.
I remember a game very early in the season where Azzi was having a killer night from the 3 point line. Paige or someone else would feed her as soon as she got open and it went in 5 out of 7 times. I thought to myself, "Wow. This is going to be easy!"

Uh, not.

Reaction Score
  1. Defense! Make it hard for their top scorers.
  2. Offense! Keep the ball moving. Preferably more inside-out than around the circle. Take open shots
  3. Defense! Snap up all of the rebounds.

Reaction Score
1. a win
2. no injury
3. a complete game, intense defense, and balance
scoring! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
1. Defense.
2. Come out hot at the start and take as large a lead as possible.
3. Make foul shots and few turnovers.

BTW, many have heard of the saying, "the best offense is a good defense". It is easy to see that in games (steals leading to points etc.). But the converse is also true; "often, the best defense is a good offense". This is not so easy to see because it manifests itself mentally. Making shots early and often (see point 2 above) puts the pressure and stress on the other team's offense. Hurried shots are a signal of the affect. Geno has made reference to this as did one of the commentators yesterday, so this is not some sort of "secret", but I think important in this game.

Anyway, it should be a good game, and regardless, Vilanova deserves to be in the tourney.

Reaction Score
1. Azzi and Caroline contribute on offense
2. Hold Siegrist to 13 points
3.The bigs rule

Reaction Score

That should do it.
We can't win against top 8 teams if AZZI is 1-9 from the floor.

Reaction Score
1 AE continue to physically dominate her opponents - she was a beast yesterday
2. Fudd 3 pt % revert to her mean
3 CW off to another strong start with at least 8 pts in Q1.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see more minutes for Paige, Azzi, and Ducharme. UConn needs to start getting the NCAA rotation dialed in. Shorten the bench so our best players can start getting into a good rhythm. Those three players should be playing a minimum of 30 minutes a game once we get into the NCAA tournament.

sun

Reaction Score
1. Work on committing less mistakes of all types.
2. Don't cause turnovers with bad passes.
3. Make more midrange shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom