Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Villanova On Wednesday Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Villanova On Wednesday Night

Reaction Score
Take Siegrest out of her comfort zone and limit her touches and game over. They will be killing themselves trying to get her the ball so will probably make a lot of turnovers. Beating Villanova is as simple as that. Now, limiting her is tough. If we had MO Jeff, no problem, but we don't. Nika could probably do well, but has to watch the fouls. She's still shaky there.
Nika won’t play her well. Evina is a much better option and better defender in generl

Last edited by a moderator:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
In your face, intimidating defense
Control the boards on both ends of the floor'
No injuries

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Take Siegrest out of her comfort zone and limit her touches and game over. They will be killing themselves trying to get her the ball so will probably make a lot of turnovers. Beating Villanova is as simple as that. Now, limiting her is tough. If we had MO Jeff, no problem, but we don't. Nika could probably do well, but has to watch the fouls. She's still shaky there.
Last year's Semi Final in the Big East Tournament she was limited to 3 points went 1-10 (2 pointer) and a free throw. Most of the defense was by CW with some help.

1. Refs calling the game the same for both teams.
2. Full court pressure defense for at least the first and third quarters.
3. Out rebound them by at least 15 boards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  • Last game the team defense was nice to see, especially the help defenders. Keep ratcheting that screw. It's needed during offensive lulls.
  • Get Edwards some looks in the midrange or baseline to build on her last outing and buoy her confidence. On this team and with that build and skillset..she's a unique weapon.
  • I like the uptempo version of this team better. I think CW does too. I don't think she disappeared , just was more defensively focused and did a great job.

Reaction Score
ONO, Dorka, AE. 27 points between them. We need an inside effort long term. It definitely helps the outside game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

She is coming in hot with three consecutive 30-point efforts. After tallying 30 points against Xavier, Siegrist registered 34 points in last Friday's win at St. John's and 32 points against Georgetown on Sunday. Siegrist leads the BIG EAST with six 30-point efforts this season and she now has 14 career 30-point games.

She got snuffed last year and our defense is at least as good now as it was last year.

Reaction Score
She is coming in hot with three consecutive 30-point efforts. After tallying 30 points against Xavier, Siegrist registered 34 points in last Friday's win at St. John's and 32 points against Georgetown on Sunday. Siegrist leads the BIG EAST with six 30-point efforts this season and she now has 14 career 30-point games.

She got snuffed last year and our defense is at least as good now
Seigrist is a really good player, but those games of 30, 34 and 32 points came against the #8, #9, and #10 (out of 11) Teams in the Conference, with a combined 8 conference wins among them. Looking at the box scores, she had one teammate in double figures in those games but very sparse scoring from the other players on the team. I am confident UCONN will have a defense that will put the clamps on Seigrist and force the others to score.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1. Caroline returning picking up where she left off
2. ONO shaking off the mediocrity of her Tenn outing
3. CW shaking off the mediocrity of her Tenn outing

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I can't find a time or station for the Sunday game. Does anyone know the station and time for the Sunday game? SNY does not have it listed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
1. A perfect game
2. By everyone
3. So nobody nitpicks a win by 20 or more points.

Reaction Score
I am anxious to see how Caroline Ducharme and Azzi meld on the floor. We still have not seen the team at full strength playing together. Tonight so far seems to have that chance (likely minus Paige). The team that played Tenn looked great. So...

Get Caroline Ducharme into the mix and still look like the team that played the last game.
See Paige in uniform even if still on the bench.
Absolutely no more injuries or other ability to play issues!!

and of course not needed to add ... a win.

Reaction Score
Sunday's game is on Fox according the the UConn website.

I checked my local listings and the Fox station has it schedule 2:30-4:30 Sunday.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sunday's game is on Fox according the the UConn website.

I checked my local listings and the Fox station has it schedule 2:30-4:30 Sunday.
Thank you but I have checked all the Fox stations and just can't find it. Maybe it will show up by the weekend. Thanks again.

Reaction Score
At least the way it is for me, the games never show up in the game guide because they are usually on Fox Extra which is different than Fox, FS1, or FS2. But when I log into the app, around game time it shows up for me to watch. I've been worried before but then it's always there.

Reaction Score

She got snuffed last year and our defense is at least as good now as it was last year.
Sometimes you let the star get their points but keep everyone else in check. Even if they score a bunch, if everyone else is shut down, you should win just fine.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'm raising the bar...

1) A dominating performance involving all the key players. No exceptions.
2) UConn's defense stifles Maddie. A hallmark of all the great UConn teams of the past is the ability to take the opponents best weapon out of her game.
3) High energy start to finish- HARD cuts, CRISP passes, hands in the passing lanes, getting the 50-50s, tenacious in-your-face D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom