Top 3 Things You Want To See Against UCF On Monday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against UCF On Monday

Reaction Score
These are my top 3 things to keep it going:

1) Continued total lock down defense, with the full court zone press coming in waves;

2) Crisp passing with constant movement off the ball with back doors, slip screens and cuts;

3) Paige to continue to show strength and progress.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1. Nika and Liya win every round on points. :D

2. No one is injured.

3. We keep UCF under 40 points.
This UCF team IS NOT the same team we consistently beat during our time in the AAC. UConn should not take this team for granted and get outplayed and sent home like some higher seeds did yesterday.

UCF won their conference tournament and their first-round game against a P5 opponent. They must be afforded the respect that should come with those accomplishments. One game at a time.

UConn Nation should look at this game as the most important game in their bracket because it's the next game. Lose it and your run (your quest) and your season is over. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1.No injuries and advance.
2.Paige continue to gain her confidence
3.More minutes for Dorka

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
1. Find and get the ball to ALL open teammates, but especially Azzi and CD.
2. See the whole court so you find the open teammates.
3. Everybody practice the "Azzi" smile before the game and play happy!

Reaction Score
1. Better offensive flow. Not sure if it's by plan, but at times when Paige is in, we seem to slow down, stop cutting, make lazy passes, etc.
2. Less turnovers, particularly in 1st Q. Don't give other team momentum.
3. Play Paige the minimum number of minutes. An extra 5-10 minutes will not help her get reacclimated to game speed versus the risk of injury.

Reaction Score
I'd like a UConn victory without any injuries which will be accomplished if the officials call the game tight from minute one so that it doesn't resemble a WWF exhibition........

Reaction Score
1. Win of course
2. Minimize on the TO...especially the walks
3. Lockdown defense

Couple more bonus things I want to see;

4. Not to "pad" their offensive rebounds, make the layups to begin with.
5. As much as some want more minutes for this player...that player, what you expect UConn finally got that "deep bench"..."Everybody Eats!"

Reaction Score
1. no injuries
2. our bigs match their physical and aggressive bigs.
3. our 3 pts shooters show up as expected.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to say. Geno will make adjustments based on how UCF is playing, but here are three.

When Azzi is on, she’s really on. She was 3 for 3 from the 3 yesterday, and I think she could easily have made 6 or 7 3s. So get her the ball more. And if she’s having an off night, she’s now a good defender, so I want to see a lot of minutes for her.

This won’t be popular among certain people, but I want to see Nika and Paige on the floor together more, as they were last year. I don’t think Nika will start because Azzi and CW will probably be there, along with two bigs, but yesterday Nika and Paige were playing together, and I liked what I saw. I also trust Geno that Nika makes a big difference, something he has said again and again over the last two seasons. I trust Geno more than the Nika detractors on this board.

As long as UConn is in control of the game, I want to see Caroline more. She could be a real difference maker later in the tournament (assuming UConn keeps winning), and playing her more might give her the confidence I think she needs.

Two side notes.

I was impressed with Amari’s quick, spot-on pass to Piath. I think she’s going to be really good in upcoming seasons. A great shooter for a big, but she needs more game time to get better.

Paige is 100% healed. She doesn’t need to be babied, and Geno said he is not worried about her physically. She needs more game time to get back to her old self and to mesh better with the current team.

On to tomorrow.

Jim

Reaction Score
1. Paige being more aggressive at the start of the game.
2. Refs calling a foul when there is a foul.
3. The crowd giving the seniors Olivia, Christyn, and Evina a proper send off in their last game at Gampel.

Reaction Score
UCF loves to play extra aggressive when they play us. Important that our Post meet the challenge without fouling. Must hit the 3ball to open up lanes and reduce the traffic on to he interior.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom