Top 3 Things You Want To See Against South Carolina On Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against South Carolina On Sunday

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A cleanly played game. No bumping and grabbing on every play.

Lou and Aaliyah hitting their shots.

No foul trouble for UConn

Reaction Score
I only want 1 thing:

A WIN in the basketball capital of the world, please and thank you :cool: Everything else would just be the cherry on top.

JBK

Reaction Score
South Carolina is a load. Their weakness, however, this year is their backcourt. No true point guard!!! We need to :
1. LImit Offensive rebounds by SC
2. Stop Zia Cooke - Maybe NIka needs to play Zia
3. Play Amari - her outside shot will help; also she needs to neutralize Cardozo when she comes in
Dorka on Boston - the struggle of Dorka's life. could be a lonely island but, Dorka wants the WNBA so, this is it!!!!!! get ready
Aaliyah E on Saxton - AE must shut her out and keep her off the boards. No easy task. Is AE an All American? This is the test!
Nika on Zia Cooke - make her shoot from the outside and away from the foul line. No Zia Cooke drives. Nika can do this mission!
Lou on whatever point guard - Raven Johnson or Kierra Fletcher - a true basketball game mission - lots of running
Aubrey on Beal - do able
Beware of Beal on Lou. How do we free up Lou for outside shots? a conundrum!
We will need our bench to seal the deal! No bench, no dub
Would like to see Aubrey on Cooke

Reaction Score
I don’t think SC is a fouling flopping team — that’s FSU and Georgia. SC doesn’t need that trickery to win. Also, I don’t care if we win this one, since it’s almost a meaningless game. Here’s what I’d like to see:

1. Caroline and Azzi play

2. I know that’s highly unlikely, so my second wish is for Caroline and Azzi to play.

3. Obviously, that’s not going to happen, so my third wish is for Caroline and Azzi to play.

Reaction Score
No injuries

Other than that, I have no delusions of grandeure.

Reaction Score
No high elbows.

South Carolina is SOOOO tall that they often swing elbows when clearing the ball often smacking shorter opponents in the jaw.

Sometimes SC gets called if there is hard contact to an opponent. When I've watched them it seems to be an effective tool which they are not shy to use to their advantage.

With our aggressive defensive style I expect UConn to be tight in their face to have any chance of winning - if so, I think we will get smacked often unless the refs are watching out for high elbows.

South Carolina is so tall and so deep that this is a hard match-up, we just can't afford more concussions.

Reaction Score
1. Cut down turnovers. Do not force passes down low.
2. Take quick shots after a screen - mid range and outside. Only drive or cut if there is a clear opening. Keep the ball and players moving on offense.
3. Draw fouls and get to the line.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
1) a win with no injuries
2) no injuries with a win
3) a win with no injuries

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The 3 ball returns with a vengeance

Reaction Score
1. The players play at their potential
2. Win the TO battle
3. Find a way to have a draw on the boards.

Reaction Score
Box out...then rebound. (this takes points away from SC without actually playing defense).

Play some zone (box and one).

Slow the tempo and make SC play defense for more than 20 seconds.

Reaction Score
A cleanly played game. No bumping and grabbing on every play.

Lou and Aaliyah hitting their shots.

No foul trouble for UConn
Absolutely for all three with the caveat that the officials actually officiate and call fouls.

Reaction Score
I’m with you on all three. We’ll wished!

But I am puzzled. SC doesn’t have anyone 6’5” coming off the bench. I realize Amihere has been growing in the imaginations of many BYers lately, but she’s hardly a bruiser, more a speed finesse type of player. She is listed at 6’4” and she’s long. Of course, Cardoso is legit huge.

JBK

Reaction Score
I prefer Nika to start out. Send Aubrey to the boards.
Need to watch foul trouble. We all know SC is very athletic - big and Fast. When they get offensive rebounds, their usually is a foul coming

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom