Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Oregon Tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Oregon Tomorrow

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There are a number of things I'd wish to see UConn do against Oregon today. But to distill it down to 3:

1) To see E play well is a given. What I'd like to see is E get at least 5 assists. I'd like to see her consistently feed UConn's bigs in the lane in a timely manner. As soon as UConn's bigs show their numbers in the lane they should get that pass...and I'm not talking about tough bounce passes below the waist. Not getting rewarded when working so hard to get position, especially when its early in the game, wears out your posts and they tend to become frustrated later in the game. This is what Dorka is going through since Paige's injury. Since the COVID break Liv has, until last game, answered UConn's guards inefficiency with good outside shooting. Dorka has not.

2) I'd like to see Nika expand her game and shoot pull ups. In her two years at UConn seeing her pull up is like counting hens teeth. Now, watching her bury that layup last game was encouraging. It was the first time in her UConn career I'd ever seen her dribble inside to the right of the rim, use the rim as protector, and finish with her left hand on the left side. It was the only time last game I punched the air. Watching her shoot air balls from the arc made me shake my head. The pull up is there for her, and if she can hit one, she can hit two. To this point Nika has 3/4 of a game. UConn needs that extra quarter.

3) I'd like to see CD take it to the rim more often than she shoots outside. With her size and long arms the opportunities are there. Teams are going to play her tough on the perimeter. CD is too long for smaller wings and too quick for the bigger ones. Her ability to finish at the rim is, IMO, second to Paige's on the team. She needs to take advantage of that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Shooting over 50%, for a change.

2. Winning the battle of the boards.

3. No more than 10 TOs.

Reaction Score
The past two games, Connecticut has begun to play like a team that finally realizes that Paige isn't coming back anytime soon. They've played as though they understand that this is "the team," and that they have to get it done themselves.

I would like to see continued fight from everyone on the court for a full forty minutes.

I would like to see real playing time from Gabriel and DeBerry, demonstrating that they can come in and influence the game.

I would like to see ONO play the way she played in the first half against Xavier for the entire game!

I would like to see CW get her 3-point shooting eye back for the entire game.

Last, I would like to see this team, the one without Paige, fight like Hades and beat a very good team- Oregon. They've done it against the bottom of the Big East. Now's the time to do it against the Big Time!!

Reaction Score
Avoid fouls
Yes, avoid fouls
Above all, avoid fouls.

As a team Oregon makes 85% of their free throws.
At best they'll only shoot 40% from the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom