Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Marquette on Sunday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Marquette on Sunday

Reaction Score
What a long, strange trip it's been so far. Having no clue what we will play like in Wisconsin, but forever hopeful, here are my top 3 things:

1) Just play the same way as your last game, no amnesia allowed:

2) Just a few tweeks. Evina to drive more, you looked great doing it last night. CW to box out. Nika to go all the way to the basket when you have the ball on the break at least once or twice:

3) Just some playing time for Caroline and Liv.

What are yours?

Reaction Score
Marquette is a physical team and there will be a lot of contact so I'm looking for a physical response from UConn without injuries and a win regardless of score.......

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Browns pretty much nailed it. 1. Intensity 2. Effort 3. Discipline (no silly fouls or turnovers)

Reaction Score
1. a repeat team effort: everyone on board for OFFENSE and Defense.
2. a repeat by Dorka and Aaliyah, getting ready for the next step
3. No injuries, tell that to AZZI and everyone, Repeat three times " no injuries"!
P.S. A bonus is " someone" comes out of the " injury pool" and
makes a splash!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1 more of the same play as we saw against Tenn and Depaul
2 energy fire in the belly and confidence
3 execution and fast ball movement

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
These were my "Top 3 Things" vs. Villanova and I repeated them vs. DePaul:

"I'm raising the bar...
1) A dominating performance involving all the key players. No exceptions.
2) UConn's defense stifles [INSERT BEST PLAYER HERE]. A hallmark of all the great UConn teams of the past is the ability to take the opponents best weapon out of her game.
3) High energy start to finish- HARD cuts, CRISP passes, hands in the passing lanes, getting the 50-50s, tenacious in-your-face D."

We saw pretty close to NONE of this vs. Villanonva (other than Christyn and Azzi). Against DePaul we had a different "dynamic duo" which was great, and way more defensive energy in general. Also great. But as I said, I'm raising the bar and nothing has really changed. Until everyone who enters the game can do these things for 40 minutes, we'll be a really good team within the Big East, and probably the Big East champ, but not a serious NC contender. It doesn't matter who plays and who doesn't.

Again, I'm not being a hater. I say this with only with Husky love. It's gut check time, and we've got some catching up to do to match up with the best teams. I honestly feel this team has it in them.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
1. Azzi Fudd combines her Villanova/Tenn offense with her DePaul Defense to create the ultimate unstoppable basketball entity.
2. More of the DePaul overall defensive effort plus some.
3. Team play combined with more team play.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
First - a win
Second - that high intensity, in your face defense we saw last night
Third - Dorka and Aaliyah controlling the boards and scoring big.

Reaction Score
It would be great if Liv could spell Dorka at the five.
It would be great if Caroline could spell Alijah at the four.
It would be great if we had four players to divide minutes at the one, two and three.

sun

Reaction Score
1. Time for Carol to play.

2. A balanced offense with scoring from both inside & outside.

3. Playing to win with high intensity from the start to finish.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. Time for Carol to play.

2. A balanced offense with scoring from both inside & outside.

3. Playing to win with high intensity from the start to finish.
Who is Carol?

1. Liv and Caroline get some playing time
2. Same intensity on both ends like they did against DePaul
3. Win the game, with no injuries

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
"Caroline is a female given name, derived from the male name Karl (Charles). Common nicknames and variations include Caz, Callie, Carole, Carol, Carolyn, Carly and Carrie."

Her name is Caroline, not Carol! It's disrespectful to call her that, doesn't matter what it is derived from. She doesn't use it as a nickname, nor do her teammates.

sun

Reaction Score
Her name is Caroline, not Carol! It's disrespectful to call her that, doesn't matter what it is derived from. She doesn't use it as a nickname, nor do her teammates.
I don't know what they call her on the basketball court, but I doubt that it's Caroline.
Someone here posted that her friends call her Carol.
Maybe after CW leaves they will call her "C".
But I know that her name isn't Caroline Ducharme and that's what many posters here call her.
Do you know what her teammates call her when she's on the court?
What about what her friends call her off the court in private?
If you think that you know, then share.

It's too bad that you think that Carol is disrespectful but not Caroline Ducharme.
I'm not calling her Carol since she's not here on this board, and if she was then she can send me a PM.
I'm only referring to her as Carol because of the post that I read and it's easier to type.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don't know what they call her on the basketball court, but I doubt that it's Caroline.
Someone here posted that her friends call her Carol.
Maybe after CW leaves they will call her "C".
But I know that her name isn't Caroline Ducharme and that's what many posters here call her.
Do you know what her teammates call her when she's on the court?
What about what her friends call her off the court in private?
If you think that you know, then share.

It's too bad that you think that Carol is disrespectful but not Caroline Ducharme.
I'm not calling her Carol since she's not here on this board, and if she was then she can send me a PM.
I'm only referring to her as Carol because of the post that I read and it's easier to type.
Her teammates call her Caroline and/or CD.

sun

Reaction Score
According to this post below, her friends call her Carol.
Since all of the other names that she is called here are not disrespectful, then neither is Carol.
I'm not going to call anyone a liar and I accept the post below by ucbart at its face value.
Maybe you can take it up with ucbart and everyone else that refers to her as Carol, Caroline Ducharme or whatever else they choose.

What do her teammates call her. That's what I'll go with.
They call her Carol. Haaaaaaa.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
According to this post below, her friends call her Carol.
Since all of the other names that she is called here are not disrespectful, then neither is Carol.
I'm not going to call anyone a liar and I accept the post below by ucbart at its face value.
Maybe you can take it up with ucbart and everyone else that refers to her as Carol, Caroline Ducharme or whatever else they choose.

They call her Carol. Haaaaaaa.

I guess you didn't get that they were joking, so I made it where you could see that. While we are at it the Caroline Ducharme is a tradition here on the BY. CD is Coach Cris Dailey, Caroline Doty is for Caroline Doty, Crystal Dangerfield is for Crystal Dangerfield, and Caroline Ducharme is for Caroline Ducharme.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I guess you didn't get that they were joking, so I made it where you could see that. While we are at it the Caroline Ducharme is a tradition here on the BY. CD is Coach Cris Dailey, Caroline Doty is for Caroline Doty, Crystal Dangerfield is for Crystal Dangerfield, and Caroline Ducharme is for Caroline Ducharme.

Thanks. Set up auto fill for each :)

Reaction Score

Point Agree GIF by Ford

sun

Reaction Score
Thanks. Set up auto fill for each :)
Her teammates call her Caroline and/or CD.
FYI, others are also calling her Carol.
And one poster named Gus Mahler posted on Jan. 10 that he believes that he heard Geno calling her Carol.

"What is this "Carol" business? It's on the Twitter cited above. It seemed as though the reporters were joking about it in the pre-game session with CDu and Evina. I thought I heard Geno yelling "Carol" during the game, though that might have been someone else.

Can someone with insider knowledge dish on the secret?"

https://twitter.com/UConnWBB/status/1480249301796200449

The Tweet being referred to was posted in the UConn Blog article in the same thread. See below where the UConn WBB called Caroline by the name "Carol."
Now why are folks saying that she isn't called Carol when she is by UConn WBB?
The post that I quoted by ucbart was not a joke at all, it was truthful according to UConn WBB, and may actually be the name that Geno calls her too if Gus Mahler is also correct.
IMO the posters criticizing me are clearly mistaken and trying to pull the wool over people's eyes about Caroline being nicknamed Carol.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom