Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown On Sunday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown On Sunday

Reaction Score
After the return of Azzi and Geno, and only 10 turnovers, here are my top 3 things against Georgetown on Sunday:

1) Caroline and Ayanna:

2) More transition baskets while also executing patiently in our half court offense when you can't run:

3) Aubrey to shoot the 3 and pull up jumpers while still playing mad defense.

To quote Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers- "We are really coming together".

Reaction Score
Turnovers under 10
Good movement off the ball in the half court offense.
a 50/40/80 team shooting line.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have 3 tickets available in the lower level? Looking to buy some good seats.

(Sorry for posting this here, but I seem to get ignored elsewhere.)

Reaction Score
After the return of Azzi and Geno, and only 10 turnovers, here are my top 3 things against Georgetown on Sunday:

1) Caroline and Ayanna:

2) More transition baskets while also executing patiently in our half court offense when you can't run:

3) Aubrey to shoot the 3 and pull up jumpers while still playing mad defense.

To quote Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers- "We are really coming together".
You've got it covered as far as I'm concerned!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
1. I would like to see Bettencourt get more time.

2. DeBerry get infected with some of Muhl's intensity.

3. Fudd mintutes limited to 20 or less.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Georgetown is 8-8/1-6. They have their problems. They are not going to present a problem for UConn. "You are what your record says you are"~ Bill Parcels. Georgetown is only 1 game out of the conference cellar (Xavier (0-8), but they MUST be taken seriously and not disrespected or taken for granted.

This is a game Geno can work on team chemistry concerns and different player combinations for 40 minutes. Also, another game to let Azzi shed any remaining rust for her extended inactivity. He may leave certain players in longer if he doesn't see the things from them, he wants and expects to see. Remember that old saying of "doing things over and over until you can't get them wrong?"

THAT might be why we see what we see. Of course, we don't want to see any more injuries for the rest of the year. We've had more than our share already. How nice would it be to have all ten active players healthy, dressed, and able to play without any restrictions or concerns? Keeping my fingers crossed for the return of Ayanna and Caroline Sunday. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
1. Azzi in the starting line up
2. Such focus on point production and defense that Ines plays the whole 4th quarter and Nika and Paige sit together on the bench doing the bro talk.
3. Caroline and Ayanna get on the court at some point.

Reaction Score
Ok, fine. I'll add one thing to @BBallF 's excellent list: Kelsey Ransom. I know, she's a Hoya. But I really like her game. The Hoya's are a mediocre team, but Ransom could probably start for any team in the country. Yet she stays there. It's hard not to like a kid like that.

Reaction Score
1 10 available players getting minutes
2 No injuries, concerns, issues, hangnails...
3 A good UConn like performance for the win

Reaction Score
  1. (1) Caroline to play in the game. (2) shoot lights out in 3's. (3) Nobody gets hurt.

Reaction Score
1). Players staying healthy
2). Good defensive and offensive flow
3). Coach CD doing the post game presser. Heck I am good with her doing the pregame presser as well. I just love hearing her talk probably because we don't hear from her enough. Also, she just brings a refreshing view about the players and about the game.

Reaction Score
1) Caroline
2) Aubrey taking and making couple of 3 point shots
3) Amari playing well and scoring 5-10

Reaction Score
Does anyone have 3 tickets available in the lower level? Looking to buy some good seats.

(Sorry for posting this here, but I seem to get ignored elsewhere.)
Unless you find a season tix holder, it's gonna be tough. I have season tix for Gambel. XL isnt my favorite. Stub has a few..pricey though for side seats lower. Sec 110 isn't bad..We've sat there before. There are some for 50bucks. Those are the cheapest lower section seats.

Reaction Score
"Respectfully, this is unreasonable. The #1 team in the NCAA for least turnovers, Colorado State, has an 8.8 per game average but he the second best is 10.8 per game and it goes up. To expect an uptempo team like UConn tohave less than 10 turnovers can happen, but it’s unlikely."

But I can dream, can't I Nan? ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
1) Geno looking better. Against SJ he looked weary (understandably), and I'm really starting to worry about the old master.

2) More minutes from Azzi.

3) CD looking and playing active.

I'd also like to see Amari build on the last game and play effectively and energetically in her minutes. Just do the little things well. Last game after she was pulled after jumping and fouling a shooter she returned to block a shot, then twice contest the same shooter, once intimidating the midrange shot, then when the player got the rebound making the player shoot over her for the basket. Also Amari made good passes without a TO on any pass and boxed out well for rebounds. Go Amari.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom