Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown On Sunday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown On Sunday

Reaction Score
After Friday night's old school UCONN beatdown of Xavier, these are my top 3 things:

1) Let's start the first quarter with Friday night's second quarter defense now that we have reinforcements;

2) Even more ball movement on offense, with Azzi, Evina and Caroline getting the ball on their cuts, since they are open often;

3) Piath and Amari getting good minutes again and making the most of them.

Reaction Score
Bench points. Up to last night we have averaged 12.5 points a game off the bench. Last night starters outscored the bench 47 to 42. Now that we actually have a bench, lets keep it going. Three point baskets. We have been averaging 6.6 three point baskets a game, last night 10 baskets from 6 different players. I know we played an understrength team, but when we score from the outside, it really opens up our inside game. I don't believe that teams will want to play zone or pack the middle against us anymore. Defense, the whole offense usually starts from the defense. Need to keep our intensity up the entire game. When Paige returns, all of the 3 points made above, will be improved. To quote Azzi, "were really going to be nasty."

Reaction Score
1. Defensiive intensity from the start.
2. Keeping up movement on offense to find the "best" shot.
3. Nika having high efficiency on offense. Continue that to force opposition to guard all our players,

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
My top 3 is unchanged for the last 5 games. To quote U2 "...still haven't found what I'm looking for..."
For perspective, only the 4th quarter of the Marquette game gets to the standard going back to the Villanova debacle. IMO, we can't be serious contenders NATIONALLY if we can't be consistently dominant in our remaining league games. Doesn't matter who is playing or not playing for us.

"I'm raising the bar...
1) A dominating performance involving all the key players. No exceptions.
2) UConn's defense stifles [INSERT BEST PLAYER HERE]. A hallmark of all the great UConn teams of the past is the ability to take the opponents best weapon out of her game.
3) High energy start to finish- HARD cuts, CRISP passes, hands in the passing lanes, getting the 50-50s, tenacious in-your-face D."

Reaction Score
1. More of the same from Aaliyah
2. Three Pointers from ( at least ) 4 different players ( and directions )
3. A flurry of back door cuts and precision entry passes!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
3). More Piath and Amari. I need more Piath and Amari! Gotta have more Piath and Amari. That combo is looking nice. High/Low game is on point!

JellyBean has a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell, er, more Piath and Amari. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Win the battle of the boards. GU out-rebounds their opponents on average.

2. Make 10 or more threes. More threes than turnovers, please!

3. Liya gets a double-double.

Reaction Score
1. Dominate the first five minutes
2. Establish pick and roll game
3. Out rebound Georgetown 3:2

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1) TWO pullup jumpers from Nika (and Azzi taking as many as she pleases)
2) 10 minutes of high-low from Amari and Piath
3) Paige saying in her halftime interview (see previous post) that she's been begging Geno to put her in the game, but he's been mean and said "I don't care whether the Boneyard thinks you're ready, I'm not putting you in till the doctors say you're ready." :p

Reaction Score
1 Everyone able to play both at the start and at the end of the game
2 UConn continues the smothering defense leading to the smooth offense
3 Over a 40 point MOV even with everyone contributing!

Reaction Score
1. Consistent 3 point shooting from Williams. Her 1st half shooting against Xavier was horrid.
2. Azzi hits 10 3 pointers. No need for this - I'm just selfish and like to watch her shoot.
3. More energy from ONO. Seems a half step slow since coming back. Again, not needed for win, but needs to be at full strength for the playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom