Top 3 Things You Want To See Against DePaul Friday Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against DePaul Friday Night

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
1 A win
2 Olivia, Caroline, Dorka back
3 A body in every seat

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
These were my "Top 3 Things" vs. Villanova:
"I'm raising the bar...​
1) A dominating performance involving all the key players. No exceptions.​
2) UConn's defense stifles Maddie. A hallmark of all the great UConn teams of the past is the ability to take the opponents best weapon out of her game.​
3) High energy start to finish- HARD cuts, CRISP passes, hands in the passing lanes, getting the 50-50s, tenacious in-your-face D."​

We saw pretty close to NONE of this vs Villanonva (other than Christyn and Azzi). Nothing has changed. Until this team can do these thing for 40 minutes, they'll be no more than just another good team within the Big East and not a serious NC contender. It doesn't matter who plays and who doesn't.

I'm not being a hater. I say this with no malice at all (some sadness maybe). I'll be a follower and fan of this team til death us do part.

Reaction Score
"I'm raising the bar...​
2) UConn's defense stifles Maddie. A hallmark of all the great UConn teams of the past is the ability to take the opponents best weapon out of her game.​
3) High energy start to finish- HARD cuts, CRISP passes, hands in the passing lanes, getting the 50-50s, tenacious in-your-face D."​

We saw pretty close to NONE of this vs Villanonva (other than Christyn and Azzi). Nothing has changed. Until this team can do these thing for 40 minutes, they'll be no more than just another good team within the Big East and not a serious NC contender. It doesn't matter who plays and who doesn't.

I'm not being a hater. I say this with no malice at all (some sadness maybe). I'll be a follower and fan of this team til death us do part.
Nothing I dispute.
Nothing I wish to add.
BRAVO.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I would like to see at least five players healthy and able to play.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Not in any preference order:

Olivia
Caroline
Azzi

In the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
I might as well hit the same point of emphasis as I've been boring you with for most of the season: reduce opponents' scoring opportunities by boxing out every member of DePaul's team every time one of them launches a shot. Do not immediately turn to watch the flight of the shot. Do immediately put a body on the closest DePaul player, between her and the basket, and only then go after the ball.
It really does work, and you don't have to be a "big" to snag most rebounds.
Yes it does, at every level of basketball, whether boys, men, girls or women. Too bad it is rarely taught in AAU.

Reaction Score
"I'm raising the bar...​

I feel the same way. You can't sugarcoat what we saw.

Reaction Score
Just 3 things?? That's unfair! Okay here's my abbreviated list.
1. A fully healthy squad
2. Play 'UConn Basketball'
3. For me not to scream "She's pushing (holding, grabbing, etc.)" one time.
You realize of course that # 3 ain't going to happen tonight.

Reaction Score
1--- Liv healthy and able to play
2--- Carolyn healthy and able to play.
We're in huge trouble if both are out.
3-- See if a post player can outplay Morrow.

I'll cheat and add a 4th: More good news regarding Paige coming back soon ready to play.

Reaction Score
1--- Liv healthy and able to play
2--- Carolyn healthy and able to play.
We're in huge trouble if both are out.
3-- See if a post player can outplay Morrow.

I'll cheat and add a 4th: More good news regarding Paige coming back soon ready to play.
All spot on. One thing that could really help is if the officials call the game tight underneath. That seems like it would hurt us but it won't because Morrow pushes, walks, fouls and charges a lot. Every time she did one of her power dribble moves I would just stand there with the arms up, take the contact, and fall down. They will call it at least once and if they call it twice it will effect her play. Tough game anyway you slice it tonight though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Liv and Caroline to play and be effective.

2. Get Morrow in major foul trouble.

3. Azzi scoring 40.

Wow! I got nothing, and we still won big. Strange, but I'm very happy.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Most of you got what you wanted to see. That was a fun game to watch. Nice to see Dorka step up. It was very nice to finally see Edwards step up. This was by far her best game of the year. Christyn played hard and hustled her tail off.

That loss to Villanova was devastating. A loss tonight would have been disastrous. This game tonight made me reassess my forecast for the post season. UConn did some very good things tonight, holding DePaul to 30 points under their season average despite 3 of our starters on the bench.

Whatever UConn had this afternoon for their pregame meal, should be served the remainder of the season. Marquette is angry about losing in overtime to Villanova tonight, and is going to want to take out their frustrations on us. They let Maddy Siegrist run amok and unchecked tonight and she dropped 42 on them In 43 minutes.

Marquette is a tough team to beat Milwaukee. If UConn can play Sunday like they did tonight, they should win going away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom