Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Creighton On Wednesday Night | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Creighton On Wednesday Night

Reaction Score
After an opening 10-0 deficit against Marquette and heart palpitations, followed by a very thrilling Husky avalanche, here are my top 3 things against Creighton:

1) No more slow starts for the defense, shut them down from the opening tip.

2) Paige, you gotta take charge right away. We wait on you.

3) Q to continue to develop and contribute and Ice to please find herself out there.

So many more but those are my top 3. Herm Edwards on radio said recently "When you are better than the other team, you gotta let them know it in the first quarter." So true.

This is a very big test coming up. BE game on the road against a tough team in a tough place to win. What are your top 3?

Reaction Score
1) after listening to the players audio Marquette postgame, I’m hoping Paige gets her wish to be the recipient of Nika’s 500th career assist. I’d like it to happen right after Aaliyah tips the opening jump to Nika, she flies down court and finds Paige for the three. Then we continuously build on our lead for the next 39 minutes and 45 seconds. If ( when) that happens we will have three very happy seniors!
2) a second BE smackdown of a ranked opponent in a row.
3) somebody who needs a fourth can have my third, I’m good…

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. Paige have a shoot first mentality, then let the flow of the game dictate.
2. Nika continues to be the jack of all trades.
3. The Freshman continue to jell.

Reaction Score
Everything depends on whether we can replicate the energy of yesterday's game. What 3 things will presage that?
  1. Ash Q Nika Paige combine for 12+ three pointers
  2. Ice grabs 10 rebounds and scores 8 pts
  3. KK and Aaliyah each get double doubles
I'd also like to see them hold Lauren Jensen under 10 pts -- borrowed from @#12in21

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
1. Continue the defensive lock down
2. The offense continues to grow, especially the fast breaks
3. Dominate the boards on both ends of the court

Reaction Score
1. Another efficient and intense effort from the whole team.
2. Paige to have a KLS night from three and score 40+! (This I know is unlikely as it’s really not in her nature to go off like that. However, we all know she could, and it would be fun to see her absolutely zone out and terrorize Creighton!)
3. Ice to have a breakout game. Contrary to some, I actually think she is improving incrementally. I don’t think here’s any chance she would have even caught, much less converted Paige’s beautiful bounce pass a month ago. I think she will continue this slow improvement and one day (hopefully soon) she will begin to play instinctively rather than having to play catchup to her thoughts. I’m pretty bullish on her becoming a very good player for us.

Reaction Score
Creighton is similar in many ways to Marquette (not a big team but very experienced and disciplined and shooting a lot of 3's) so a similar game by UConn should be sufficient to win this game.
*Continue the aggressive defense and offense we've seen in the Marquette game.
*Paige to have another POY type of game.
*Aubrey to get back to the level she showed before the break (and that includes making free throws).
*Ice to have a breakout game

Reaction Score
This will be another blow out win for UConn. The team on the floor is looking better every game so with that here are my thoughts.

1. Quicker Start for Paige and the team
2. More pressure defense
3. Develop Ice or Amari- they will need the taller girls eventually.

Reaction Score
It's hard to predict how Creighton will play. Some games they can't miss everything they put up but they have had a game where they couldn't keep anything going (Green Bay). I didn't see the Marquette game.
As I posted in another thread that got deleted- Maly had a really bad game shooting in their last game. She only made one shot that I saw but they kept giving her the ball. UCONN should front Ronsiek on her right side and force her to go to her left when she gets the ball inside. Creighton will try to double team Edwards when she posts up down low. Maybe post her high and pass to her cutting inside. Jensen is probably their best all around player. She can hit the trey and drive well.
They have a deep roster so UCONN shouldn't take the lightly. I may be one of the few UCONN fans in the sold out crowd.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
1. AE with 25/15 stat line
2. Hold Creighton to under 35% 3 pt shooting
3. 4 UConn players in double figures scoring, with one of them coming off the bench

Reaction Score
1. Hot start out the gate
2. Paige and AE get going sooner than later
3. Keep the defensive pressure on them all game and run them off the three point line.

Reaction Score
Creighton's lineup is relatively shorter than Uconn's.
So... 1. Like to see Amari and Ice get a lot of playing time. Especially like to see Amari work on her back-to-the-basket moves. Same with Ice.
And... 2. Like to see some high-low work
And... 3. Continuation of the energy level and speed!!!!! Love that!

Reaction Score
1. Push the pace again on offense
2. Freshman with key contributions
3. Confidence from Ice

Reaction Score
Everything depends on whether we can replicate the energy of yesterday's game. What 3 things will presage that?
  1. Ash Q Nika Paige combine for 12+ three pointers
  2. Ice grabs 10 rebounds and scores 8 pts
  3. KK and Aaliyah each get double doubles
I'd also like to see them hold Lauren Jensen under 10 pts -- borrowed from @#12in21
Let's go for broke and give ICE two more points !!== A DOUBLE DOUBLE!. It would
be a nice "breakout game"... it's going to happen... why not Wednesday night!!!

Reaction Score
This will be another blow out win for UConn. The team on the floor is looking better every game so with that here are my thoughts.

1. Quicker Start for Paige and the team
2. More pressure defense
3. Develop Ice or Amari- they will need the taller girls eventually.
Really nice thought with # 3. Clearly defensively, if not offensively, IMO we need
an extra BIG in the middle, sooner, it not later in the month for N.D. Go HUSKIES!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom