Top 3 finish is huge in this conference | The Boneyard

Top 3 finish is huge in this conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need to finish out strong and get that top 3 finish. If you finish in the 4 or 5 spot yes you get the first round bye but there is a good chance you are playing Memphis in their home arena in the quarters. Beating them three times in one year would be tough. If you get one of the top three spots you will get one of the lower 5 teams and we know the difference between top 5 and bottom 5 in this league.

Reaction Score
We need to finish out strong and get that top 3 finish. If you finish in the 4 or 5 spot yes you get the first round bye but there is a good chance you are playing Memphis in their home arena in the quarters. Beating them three times in one year would be tough. If you get one of the top three spots you will get one of the lower 5 teams and we know the difference between top 5 and bottom 5 in this league.
How man Big East Tourny championships did St a Johns have?
The had better teams than this years Memphis team.

Reaction Score
How man Big East Tourny championships did St a Johns have?
The had better teams than this years Memphis team.
I think Memphis will have more of a home court advantage in the AAC Tournament than St. John's ever had at MSG for the Big East Tournament. Think about how many Syracuse, UConn, etc. fans were at MSG for the BET. MSG was closer to more teams than Memphis is to most of the teams in the AAC. I doubt anyone, except maybe Louisville, will have great support at the AAC Tournament.

Reaction Score
I think Memphis will have more of a home court advantage in the AAC Tournament than St. John's ever had at MSG for the Big East Tournament. Think about how many Syracuse, UConn, etc. fans were at MSG for the BET. MSG was closer to more teams than Memphis is to most of the teams in the AAC. I doubt anyone, except maybe Louisville, will have great support at the AAC Tournament.
Agreed. Playing Memphis in Memphis in the quarters is something we want to avoid. That is why winning today was huge. Have the tiebreaker over them.

Still think it will be tough for anyone but Ville to catch Cincy at this point. But spots 2-5 are still very much up for grabs. Figure Ville still has to go to Cincy, Memphis, SMU and host UCONN. SMU has to travel to UCONN and Memphis, and hosts Ville. Memphis has to go to Cincy, and hosts SMU and Memphis.

If we can take care of the teams we should beat and hold serve against SMU and Cincy, we have a chance to really move up, even if we lose at Ville to end the season.

Reaction Score
Owning that tie-breaker over Memphis is HUGE but as others have said--will be able to beat this team a third time?

Reaction Score
Owning that tie-breaker over Memphis is HUGE but as others have said--will be able to beat this team a third time?

Would you have wanted us to lose today to increase our chances of beating them a 3rd time?

Reaction Score
Would you have wanted us to lose today to increase our chances of beating them a 3rd time?
No...just saying it's hard to beat a team 3 times. Especially if its on their own court twice. FWIW in 2011 we were 0-4 vs PITT, Cuse and Louisville going into those 3 games in the BET, though. But of course I'm happy with the win and trying to beat a great team for a 3rd time is a fine problem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom