Top 25, would be top 10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 25, would be top 10

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm not sure we're going to be ranked Monday. There are about 14 teams receiving votes ahead of us in both polls.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we're going to be ranked Monday. There are about 14 teams receiving votes ahead of us in both polls.
True but we have skyrocketed up Kenpom, Net, and RPI, and are now top 22 in each of those. Plus John Rothstein tweets about us being top 25 and top 10 had we beat Creighton, have got to help!

Reaction Score
I'd prefer we have another Quad 1 win.

It's going to be a weird and fluky year, and a Q1 win like that can be worth multiple seed-lines.
While I agree with your point, I don’t think seeding is going to matter as much this year in the tourney. It is at a single site(s) with potentially none or limited fans. No one will have a home court advantage. Regardless of who we play or what our seed is, I like our odds to be playing at our peak by March.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
any honest and reasonably informed college hoop aficionado knows that UConn is a legit threat to win it all now.
ten deep can do that to ya.
separate from the games we've actually played (sorry conference fans, but so far, butler, depaul and marquette stink, and there's more conference cupcakes on the menu), we have that most desired, yet elusive, attribute - chemistry. winning chemistry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
RJ is clearly our biggest problem. This board won’t acknowledge it, but he stinks. Give his minutes to gaffney and let’s just move on.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
any honest and reasonably informed college hoop aficionado knows that UConn is a legit threat to win it all now.
ten deep can do that to ya.
Call me an unhonest and reasonably uninformed college hoop aficionado but we need a point guard.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Call me an u honest and reasonably uninformed college hoop aficionado but we need a point guard
i disagree.. we've got 5 guys who can reasonably stick a three, 5 guys who can make buckets at/near the rim, a couple/three, four who can penetrate a bit, none who are turnover factories, zero who want to hog the ball, and 10 who play outstanding defense and rebound.
i like our chances.

Reaction Score
Uconn is top 25 now and would be top 10 if we didn't blow the Creighton game. Butler is way down this year but they didn't even look like they belonged on the court with us and that's without Bouknight, Akok who isn't ready, and Jackson.

Once we get healthy and the point guard play inproves we are going to scare the hell out of everyone. Excellent defensive and rebounding team with an improving offense, bullish on this team.
Not placing all the blame on ranking on RJ would be asinine. He singlehandedly cost us our biggest game and we’ve won 3 games now in spite of him

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Almost all of them have lost except Colorado, USC, and lousivlle

Reaction Score
RJ is clearly our biggest problem. This board won’t acknowledge it, but he stinks. Give his minutes to gaffney and let’s just move on.
All the PG’s aren’t playing well. This ain’t fantasy basketball though. Gaff shoots worse & plays worse D. {supported by stats}
these are the cards that are dealt. Let’s live with it. 2 years ago, hell, last year maybe I’d agree. But we’re a GOOD team now. Don’t want to sacrifice Bouk/prob Whaley&polleys last year here to develop Lil Sools backup next year

Reaction Score
Good god that jumper is so wet. That rebound and two footed, one-handed dunk gave me some chills, don't think he was capable of that last year. I think he's still growing into his functional athleticism. With all the guys from this class I think that Jordan is gonna step onto the court next year and surprise some people with how much he has developed from this season until freshman year.

Reaction Score
Not placing all the blame on ranking on RJ would be asinine. He singlehandedly cost us our biggest game and we’ve won 3 games now in spite of him
Please explain how Gaffney helped and Cole hurt us in the Marquette win

Reaction Score
I get he hasn't lived up to expectations but to say we won "in spite of him" is ludicrous, ridiculous, and malicious.
Lawyer GIF by memecandy

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I honestly don't care where we're ranked right now. It would be nice to see a number next to our name, mostly as a reward to these kids for their resilience, but I know we're a really good team and that we can play with anyone. Our goal should be to go win the Big East.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see us try to schedule Duke to replace the Nova game. It would be a great statement nationally for everyone to see us beat them down.

Bouk and Polley will light them up
No way K is going to come near this team if he can avoid them..

Reaction Score
Almost all of them have lost except Colorado, USC, and lousivlle
And Ohio State, Drake, SDSU, and UCLA. I'm guessing only a few teams will drop out of the top 25 so unlikely that we jump all of them. I'm guessing we end up sitting in the 30-35 range.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are definitely Top 25 on record and the eyeball test. I'd woah down on Top 10 talk based on blowing the Creighton game. I don't think they are that great, certainly not Top 10. They haven't beaten anyone good, except maybe us. They lost to a Kansas team that just got blown out at Phog Allen and lost to Marquette. Their best win is....Xavier.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I agree 100%. UConn basketball was always at their best when everybody doubted us. 1999 vs Duke is a prime example of that. I loved the Calhoun days when those teams would play with an edge, and that chip on their shoulder. Hurley has his teams playing like that as well, and I love it.

In 3 of the 4 title years, we had one of the top 2 players in the country and under estimated. In two of those years, we weren't even considered a threat. 2014 we are not considered at Top 25 team. Even in 2011, we weren't made a 3 seed until Kemba burned down MSG.

We all remember that in 1999, we had more weeks at No.1 than Duke that season yet a double digit underdog in that game. UConn is still considered new money and outside of the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom