Top 25 week 2 | The Boneyard

Top 25 week 2

Reaction Score
We were second in receiving votes. No. 11 Tennessee, No. 16 Nova & No. 21 Oregon all lost to unranked teams.

Y’all think we’re in or just outside for week 2?

My guess is we’re in at No. 24.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
25 or 26. Oregon falls out, Tennessee and Nova probably hang on from 23-25 based on expectations.

Rothstein has us 24th. Says we have to get healthy, which is fair.
Creighton 3rd.
Xavier 20th.

Nova at 18 and Tennessee up at 16 somehow. Seems ridiculous to lean this hard on pre season expectations for teams that lost to bad teams.

Both him and Parish moved Mich St into their top 25s after almost beating Gonzaga. If the other voters agree, that Oregon spot might be theirs.

But that’s his opinion, and voters like to cheat off it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s still cupcake season for most teams so it’s hard for me to imagine a scenario other than one where the 3 ranked teams that lost drop out, and the first 3 out from the preseason ranking slide in.

I know that’s not how it works, but I’d be surprised to not see UConn in there.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
1st team out is my guess.

Reaction Score
Agree with 1st team out, not sure anyone but Oregon drops out and most voters don't change teams unless you lose

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not important at this time - lets wait until the team plays in Oregon
If they win out before and win 2 in Oregon they will be were they should be in the rankings
Gotta take care of business

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I’d think they’d have to drop Nova down far, only because they lost to a team that lost at home to Wagner. I’d put my money on 25 for us, but wouldn’t be surprised if we are 26.

Reaction Score
I posted this in my own thread, but if mods want to merge them that's fine

I did this last year each Monday morning and I think it's time to start it up again...
With the first week of games finally being played, we should see some shifting in the polls

Top 25 teams with losses this week:
#11 Tennessee v Colorado
#16 Villanova v Temple
#21 Oregon v UC Irvine

Here are some public AP ballots for week 1: (Last week's rank in parentheses)
Jon Rothstein: 24 (24)
Chris Murray: NR (NR)
Rick Bozich: 20 (22)
C.L. Brown: 22 (NR)
Jerry Carino: 23 (23)
Clayton Collier: 20 (22)
Mark Berman NR (NR)

Non-AP Analytic Sites:
Kenpom: 19 (25)
Barttorvik: 53
Evan Miya: 29
Massey: 30
Team Rankings: 24
Sagarin: 28

This is all I could find for now...Usually Seth Davis and Borges post theirs early, but not sure why they didn't this week.

Prediction: UConn #24

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I posted this in my own thread, but if mods want to merge them that's fine

I did this last year each Monday morning and I think it's time to start it up again...
With the first week of games finally being played, we should see some shifting in the polls

Top 25 teams with losses this week:
#11 Tennessee v Colorado
#16 Villanova v Temple
#21 Oregon v UC Irvine

Here are some public AP ballots for week 1: (Last week's rank in parentheses)
Jon Rothstein: 24 (24)
Chris Murray: NR (NR)
Rick Bozich: 20 (22)
C.L. Brown: 22 (NR)
Jerry Carino: 23 (23)
Clayton Collier: 20 (22)
Mark Berman NR (NR)

Non-AP Analytic Sites:
Kenpom: 19 (25)
Barttorvik: 53
Evan Miya: 29
Massey: 30
Team Rankings: 24
Sagarin: 28

This is all I could find for now...Usually Seth Davis and Borges post theirs early, but not sure why they didn't this week.

Prediction: UConn #24
We'd have to leapfrog 3 teams to get to 24. So are you saying you think Tennessee will fall out of the top 25, in addition to Nova and Oregon? That seems unlikely to me. But I'm not sure how much shifting usually goes on in week 1.

Reaction Score
A team missing three starters wins by 29 and Rothstein says we need to get healthy. Yes, it's true. But not for the Top 25, for the Top 10. It was criminal that we weren't ranked pre-season.
Would love to see UConn ranked higher but in November does it matter if ranked 24, 25, 26? Goal is to be last team standing in April

We will get a good feel for this team and where it will be ranked beginning Thanksgiving weekend.

Reaction Score
We'd have to leapfrog 3 teams to get to 24. So are you saying you think Tennessee will fall out of the top 25, in addition to Nova and Oregon? That seems unlikely to me. But I'm not sure how much shifting usually goes on in week 1.
Oregon is definitely out. Nova might fall out too. We looked like one of the most impressive teams so far and we're missing 2 first round picks. Over half of the top 25 struggled with their cupcake games (look at Creighton, UNC, etc). We won by 31 and 29. We'll be ranked

Reaction Score

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I really, really hope we get a crack at UNC. We would match up very well against them
Now that you mention it, what kind of team is a bad match-up for us now? Last year it was great outside shooters but feels like our perimeter defense will be better this year.

Reaction Score
I really, really hope we get a crack at UNC. We would match up very well against them
I think UNC is massively overrated. They seem to me EXACTLY like UCLA last year -- team that got hot for a deep tourney run at a blue blood school, brought everyone back, and will not be able to meet expectations of a top team. There was a reason they weren't that good most of last year (like UCLA 2 years ago) and I see the same thing this year. Are they a top 15 team? Probably. Top 1-2? No.

Reaction Score
Now that you mention it, what kind of team is a bad match-up for us now? Last year it was great outside shooters but feels like our perimeter defense will be better this year.
I really don't know. When Andre comes back, our perimeter defense will be lock-down. We're such a big, versatile team that I think we can pretty much defend against anything lol

Reaction Score
I think UNC is massively overrated. They seem to me EXACTLY like UCLA last year -- team that got hot for a deep tourney run at a blue blood school, brought everyone back, and will not be able to meet expectations of a top team. There was a reason they weren't that good most of last year (like UCLA 2 years ago) and I see the same thing this year. Are they a top 15 team? Probably. Top 1-2? No.
I agree. That's why they struggled to beat UNC-Wilmington and Charleston. Love and Davis are inconsistent as hell, Bacot is really good. But their wings are a huge black hole. Leaky Black is a great defender, but nothing special on offense. And then they literally have no one else lol. Pete Nance is overrated. Brady Manek was way better than Nance will be

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom