Top 25 team next year?? Maybe not | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Top 25 team next year?? Maybe not

Reaction Score
You are assuming newton and jackson dont return which is unlikely. If that happens johnson probably starts pf and karaban moves to sf. Will be 8-10 pieces and plus 1-2 portal guys

Reaction Score
Maybe top 5 is a stretch but top 10 I don’t think is. The other “blue bloods” have that type of expectation.

Our current situation is:
-we’re the defending national champions
- we have a future lottery pick coming back
-we have a starter who was the best freshmen in the conference coming back
-we still very realistically could have 2 other starters who are good enough to test the nba waters coming back
-we have the #3 recruiting class coming in
-it’s April with still tons of guys in the transfer portal and certainly more to come

There are zero programs that are “concerned” about that situation. Just some crazies on messages boards

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You are assuming newton and jackson dont return which is unlikely. If that happens johnson probably starts pf and karaban moves to sf. Will be 8-10 pieces and plus 1-2 portal guys
I thought Samson was pg. boneyard told me this in January.

Reaction Score
ESPN is assuming they don’t return in their rankings and giving a projected starting lineup, so that was the basis for his comment. No worries though, I’m sure you’re a little distracted getting your W2’s together and whatnot.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I see the egg all over your face hasn't taught you any lessons
I like to joke around. Honestly, winning the championship makes everything else in sports gravy for me, for the next year. Including next season for the Huskies. I’m very happy and content about sports right now, even if my Mets and giants have lousy seasons.

Reaction Score
How quickly we forget what the future National Champion’s roster looked like last April.
Jackson will be impossible to replace. What portal athlete can do what he can do. You can find a great shooter and a strong post player on the portal but Noone else in college was able to do what Jackson does. The man is a true freak of nature as well as a wonderful leader

Reaction Score
Our current situation is:
-we’re the defending national champions
- we have a future lottery pick coming back
-we have a starter who was the best freshmen in the conference coming back
-we still very realistically could have 2 other starters who are good enough to test the nba waters coming back
-we have the #3 recruiting class coming in
-it’s April with still tons of guys in the transfer portal and certainly more to come

There are zero programs that are “concerned” about that situation. Just some crazies on messages boards
I don’t think it’s crazy to say you’re worried about a potential starting lineup of 3 freshman and 2 sophomores. No one’s saying we’re gonna go 15-15 but that’s gonna be tough to win the conference or have a deep run with. Two weeks ago we were the favorite to repeat.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s crazy to say you’re worried about a potential starting lineup of 3 freshman and 2 sophomores. No one’s saying we’re gonna go 15-15 but that’s gonna be tough to win the conference or have a deep run with. Two weeks ago we were the favorite to repeat.

The flaw in your thinking is that no one who actually knew what the personnel moves were going to be would have declared them an automatic “favorite to repeat.” Everybody who was paying attention knew that Jordan and Adama were gone and that Andre and Tristen were not guaranteed to be back. If anyone purposefully ignored that and now wants to be mad and surprised and demoralized, I don’t know what to tell them.

Reaction Score
The flaw in your thinking is that no one who actually knew what the personnel moves were going to be would have declared them an automatic “favorite to repeat.” Everybody who was paying attention knew that Jordan and Adama were gone and that Andre and Tristen were not guaranteed to be back. If anyone purposefully ignored that and now wants to be mad and surprised and demoralized, I don’t know what to tell them.
I don’t understand how any rational fan could be demoralized with where we are even if they don’t return. The cupboards are full

Reaction Score
Idk who is demoralized but can you admit that we didn’t have a good week?

Reaction Score
I’ve asked before but what are your expectations? Does next year even matter since we won this year?

Reaction Score
maybe so, maybe not
1682037912498.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’ve asked before but what are your expectations? Does next year even matter since we won this year?
Haven't changed, top 2 Big East and Sweet 16. Anyone paying attention has known that Jordan and Adama were leaving this season, and Andre was very likely to as well. Until 2 weeks ago nobody was even considering the possibility of Newton returning.

So nothing this week really feels like a bad outcome, especially since Tristen and Andre are still considering coming back depending on the feedback they get. We're not going into next year with 10 players, so it's a win/win. Either we get a few players back from a national championship team, or get to hit the portal and bring in some transfers

Reaction Score
If Ajax and Newton do leave I say we’re looking like the 2007-08 team, young, exciting, and hungry. Potential to get to sweet 16 pending on Clingan and Karaban taking it to the next level. Being local guys I could see Clingan and Karaban staying 3 years and maybe Castle is a 2 and done.

I see us being a great team in 2 years.

Reaction Score
Haven't changed, top 2 Big East and Sweet 16. Anyone paying attention has known that Jordan and Adama were leaving this season, and Andre was very likely to as well. Until 2 weeks ago nobody was even considering the possibility of Newton returning.

So nothing this week really feels like a bad outcome, especially since Tristen and Andre are still considering coming back depending on the feedback they get. We're not going into next year with 10 players, so it's a win/win. Either we get a few players back from a national championship team, or get to hit the portal and bring in some transfers
Maybe I’m just not as familiar with the new portal but I thought most people entered early. Are we going to be able to find solid players in June if we have to fill all three scholarships? If we’re going into the season with the freshman and a couple transfer role players it’s gonna be tough to make up the scoring we lost.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m just not as familiar with the new portal but I thought most people entered early. Are we going to be able to find solid players in June if we have to fill all three scholarships? If we’re going into the season with the freshman and a couple transfer role players it’s gonna be tough to make up the scoring we lost.
Most people do enter early, but we got Calcaterra in mid June last year and the staff can still reach out to guys now. Luckily all we really need is role players, so I'm not worried about finding those types. The scoring will be replaced by the guys on the roster like Karaban and Clingan making jumps

Reaction Score
I like to joke around. Honestly, winning the championship makes everything else in sports gravy for me, for the next year. Including next season for the Huskies. I’m very happy and content about sports right now, even if my Mets and giants have lousy seasons.
Your Mets better not be content with 2 40+ year olds getting 86 million and baseball’s biggest payroll. But my frantic attitude about all other sports has been muted by this win for sure.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
People are looking at it like we can lose Tristan and Andre and Timberlake but we gain no one. We won't be starting 5 freshman. Will we find another Andre?
No! But that would mean he made it to the pros

Reaction Score
I was responding to this post about the preseason ESPN ranking.

As someone already mentioned the ESPN ranking assumes both Newton and Jackson don't come back. Anyway, it's moot since the roster won't look like that. As Hurley said today, be patient grasshopper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom