Top 25 team next year?? Maybe not | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 25 team next year?? Maybe not

Reaction Score
I doubt if we'll be at top 25 team next year especially if Jackson leaves which is more and more likely. No one could have predicted all of the outflow of talent and nothing coming in from the portal so far. Depending on freshman to perform as hyped is a very risky proposition.
kermit throw up GIF

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I doubt if we'll be at top 25 team next year especially if Jackson leaves which is more and more likely. No one could have predicted all of the outflow of talent and nothing coming in from the portal so far. Depending on freshman to perform as hyped is a very risky proposition.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Stay Mad GIF

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Imagine if we don’t win a championship in the next 5 years. Might have to find a new program to support!

Reaction Score
I guess we don’t have to worry about Hurley going to the NBA now!

Reaction Score
Is this sarcasm?

Reaction Score
BY Off-season mode activated...well done.

mojo2.png

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think that a lot of the decisions are like dominoes and somewhat due to ego. When the first guy enters the draft, the next guy is like "I'm good, I should go too." Then the next guy is like, "He's going to the draft. I'm as good as him, I'm going too." and so on. Like this:
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

Reaction Score
Now hopefully some of the posters can understand why I was frustrated by Alleyne transferring & posters telling me he wouldn’t played a lot anyways….but I am more confused of why people thought we would be number 1 preseason- never understood the logic of that- with so many upperclassmen coming off a title- did you really think all these guys were going to comeback? Very silly thoughts- can’t really rise your stock any higher coming off a National Championship & being a starter & playing huge minutes.

With all that said, we are in the best hands & I look forward to another great season!!

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think that a lot of the decisions are like dominoes and somewhat due to ego. When the first guy enters the draft, the next guy is like "I'm good, I should go too." Then the next guy is like, "He's going to the draft. I'm as good as him, I'm going too." and so on. Like this:
There's a difference between Sanogo, Jackson, and Newton's declarations. It definitely seems based on what people are saying that Sanogo is essentially gone, Jackson is only gone if he hears 1st round pick, and Newton seems more like "i'm just getting feedback." But we'll see.

caw

Reaction Score
It’s a relatively fair assessment with only three knowns in the current roster of Clingan, Karaban and Diarra. But if Clingan and Karaban perform as expected UConn should be fine.

Next year will be a lot like this past year, a lot of good teams but few great ones. Lots of good players, few great ones. Lots of roster turnover everywhere with all the transfers where teams will take time to gel.

Probably more hype for certain programs who brought guys back.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest with ourselves.. I know much of this board is delusional (I respect that) but c'mon..

Newton goes? Terrible decision but good for him whatever he decides. I know that in this NIL era if you can stay an extra year and make money (and don't have to play ball in Turkey) why wouldn't you? He'll be back..

Jackson declares? This one is scary, all it takes is one team to become intrigued. He is going to blow people away in the combine measurables, and if he is used right he will WOW in the scrimmages.. I'm just gonna cross my fingers that he's back, but if he isn't god bless him! Will root for him every night.

Timberlake to Kansas? Had a talk with my guy from the DMV, lives right down the street from Towson - told me that Timberlake was not what we need, not good enough. He's always been a big supporter, said he has NO idea why Timberlake was getting high major love, says that Kansas is going to be quite disappointed.

Springs/Alleyne? Losing Alleyne may really sting us eventually. I hope not, but it certainly could.

We had an absolutely epic season, and I know how crazy we are here but let's not get too spoiled. Newton and Jackson come back, we can legitimately go back to back.. At the end of the day, I'm still grinning ear to ear about what we did in March.

Just let it play out, Danny and the guys know exactly what they are doing..

Reaction Score
Let's be honest with ourselves.. I know much of this board is delusional (I respect that) but c'mon..

Newton goes? Terrible decision but good for him whatever he decides. I know that in this NIL era if you can stay an extra year and make money (and don't have to play ball in Turkey) why wouldn't you? He'll be back..

Jackson declares? This one is scary, all it takes is one team to become intrigued. He is going to blow people away in the combine measurables, and if he is used right he will WOW in the scrimmages.. I'm just gonna cross my fingers that he's back, but if he isn't god bless him! Will root for him every night.

Timberlake to Kansas? Had a talk with my guy from the DMV, lives right down the street from Towson - told me that Timberlake was not what we need, not good enough. He's always been a big supporter, said he has NO idea why Timberlake was getting high major love, says that Kansas is going to be quite disappointed.

Springs/Alleyne? Losing Alleyne may really sting us eventually. I hope not, but it certainly could.

We had an absolutely epic season, and I know how crazy we are here but let's not get too spoiled. Newton and Jackson come back, we can legitimately go back to back.. At the end of the day, I'm still grinning ear to ear about what we did in March.

Your guy from the DMV is wrong, Timberlake can play.

caw

Reaction Score

This is pretty much how I feel but much better expressed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

That is true. But it also seems true that if neither come back you are looking at a talented but immature group. Getting a few decent mature transfers (the modern world) wouldn't hurt. We had a relatively more mature team this year to begin with but getting Newton, Alleyne, Calcaterra and even Diarra was a difference maker. I don’t know about not being top 25, but predictions of pre season #1 or even top 10 if all of the potential additional departures actually leave seems a bit unrealistic maybe even with a few decent transfers, but getting some decent mature players including a shooter or two wouldn’t hurt. And voicing an opinion about next year has zero to do with not enjoying this year. There were only a zillion posts in the Timberlake thread by some of the same people getting all snarky about posters saying anything about questions going into next year.

Reaction Score
1681964204856.gif

Reaction Score
Or, you know, we just went on an amazing run and the players take no risk in testing the waters. Zero reason to invoke “ego”. Just a silly take.

Reaction Score

Just a thought: you should give these kids a little more credit. They’re not a bunch of clowns on the internet overreacting emotionally to everything. That’s what we do here. They actually have professionals who do this stuff for a living advising them.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I can't laugh enough. Hurley haters and program doubters unite, you still have hope

LMFAO, siad in the most respectful way possible. I'm being kind here

And let me guess, the bozos are once again going to tell us "they're being realistic". Sorry my fellow yarders, I just can't respect this nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom