Top 25 players in the WNBA | The Boneyard

Top 25 players in the WNBA

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Surprised this is getting no comments. So okay, I'll add a few. Howard had a nice rookie year, but might be a bit premature to put her in the Top 25. Not sure where ESPN is getting her stats from, they are way off. She averaged quite a bit more points, but her shooting was nowhere near 60%. It was barely over half that. She needs to become a much, much more efficient player before she can be considered one of the WNBA's best.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So I'm gonna go ahead and brag about Kelsey Plum. A few years ago she was considered somewhat of a bust. Now I think she's exceeded even the most optimistic projections for how she would turn out as a pro. I take exception to that little ding ESPN gave her. Other than last season, she's performed better in the playoffs than during the regular season all through her career, so she doesn't have to prove anything in the post season. She was fantastic in the playoffs in '21 and '19 (missed '20 due to injury).

Reaction Score
DT is in #24? Seems too low and no Sue Bird?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
So I'm gonna go ahead and brag about Kelsey Plum. A few years ago she was considered somewhat of a bust. Now I think she's exceeded even the most optimistic projections for how she would turn out as a pro. I take exception to that little ding ESPN gave her. Other than last season, she's performed better in the playoffs than during the regular season all through her career, so she doesn't have to prove anything in the post season. She was fantastic in the playoffs in '21 and '19 (missed '20 due to injury).
I thought Plum was a can't-miss for the W. I was disappointed in her first couple of years, but never thought she'd have a crappy career. She's about where I expected before her rookie season, well exceeding what I expected after her injury.

I'm with you on Howard too. She has loads of potential, and I think that's lots of what folks saw in college and now in the W. But I've never been a fan of inefficient scorers. She did lead the league in field goals missed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Includes 3.5 UConn players

Satou Sabally should feel disrespected. Marina Mabrey as well. It's interesting, I agree with the top 2 but after that I really don't know. Maybe I underrate JJ but I feel 3-10 is pretty close. I mean I don't think Candace Parker is quite 5.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Pretty solid list overall but the stats are largely inaccurate. At quick glance my main changes would be:

Chelsea Gray-move up
Vandersloot-move her down a few based on last year
Collier-move down
Griner-move up (how is she #21 but Collier is #13?)
Kelsey Mitchell-move up
Sabrina Ionescu-move up (I think she'll be top 5 by end of year)

Stewart/Wilson look like the clear #1/#2, after that it's a crapshoot IMO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Griner-move up (how is she #21 but Collier is #13?)
I would guess they are hedging their bets based on her being incarcerated and missing a whole year of being able to compete and train. I agree she should be higher, but we probably won't see her playing like she did in the '21 playoffs, at least for a while.

Reaction Score
I'd move Chelsea Gray as the best guard followed by Plum. I'd move Delle Donne up as well. She's the only player besides that can go shot for shot anywhere with Stewie and is probably the better perimeter shooter but Stewie is the best overall player in the W.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Satou Sabally should feel disrespected. Marina Mabrey as well. It's interesting, I agree with the top 2 but after that I really don't know. Maybe I underrate JJ but I feel 3-10 is pretty close. I mean I don't think Candace Parker is quite 5.
I am uncertain as to why Satou Sabally should feel disrespected.
She has played in three WNBA seasons, shooting 39.3 percent overall and 25.0 percent from three.
While Sabally has averages 12.5 ppg for her career, she has missed 40 out of 68 regular season games the past two years.

Reaction Score
I am uncertain as to why Satou Sabally should feel disrespected.
She has played in three WNBA seasons, shooting 39.3 percent overall and 25.0 percent from three.
While Sabally has averages 12.5 ppg for her career, she has missed 40 out of 68 regular season games the past two years.
Nowadays that’s enough to get called “generational”. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with the top 2. After that, I would move some players by 5 positions or more. How is Parker so far ahead of Taurasi?

Reaction Score
I looks to me like the height of the player is a big part of the rankings. When you have a 41 year old on any list of the top 25 pro players in your league it kind of makes me think. I really think the crop of college players coming out in the next couple years have a chance to really boost the popularity of the league to a much higher level. I could see players like Clark and Paige being right there at the top of the list.

Reaction Score
The top two are pretty solid and the rest of the list is pretty decent. I will be curious to see how the list looks next month.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum was amazing at the 3X3 FIBA worlds as well. It was her first real test after coming off injury.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum was amazing at the 3X3 FIBA worlds as well. It was her first real test after coming off injury.
Yeah, she's been on a run in international competition as well with the 3x3 Olympic gold and then 5x5 FIBA (I think?) following that.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Apparently EDD is as healthy as she's been in years, and is planning to play every game this season.

If that's the case...she probably has the best claim to the #3 spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom