Top 2020 Targets? | The Boneyard

Top 2020 Targets?

Reaction Score
I think it is safe to say that Andre Jackson is priority number 1 for Hurley and Co, but after that, who are we really after?

Cliff is a big target, but we have not been mentioned by him with any of the major services lately. We are also after Collier, but it seems like he is a plan B.

We have offers out to:
Cameron Thomas
Josh Gray
John Hugley
Niels Lane
Andre Curbelo
Isaiah Jackson
Lance Ware

But we don't really seem to be connected with any of them.

I know we have been the favorite for Richie Springs, but there isn't a lot there to get excited about with him.

Reaction Score
This post summed it up well:

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I would guess a 3 man class of:

Jackson
Cliff
Springs or Collier

Is what the staff is after

Reaction Score
I would guess a 3 man class of:

Jackson
Cliff
Springs or Collier

Is what the staff is after

Can anyone shoot if this were the 3? We need shooters or at least one radar for this class no doubt. We lose one in CV next year and shooting is a priority.

Reaction Score
Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Polley, and Akok can shoot. We need to start looking more like old UConn teams in terms of athleticism and size. Jackson and Cliff would give us that.

Good point Cole can shoot there's your CV replacement. The year after though Polley will be gone. I agree on the look and the need for a Cliff no doubt. I have little faith in a swing that shoots 18% from 3 though could care less how athletic he is. Good news for everyone is I'm not the guy putting the roster together so all is well;)

Reaction Score
Is Cliff a realistic option at this point? Did the move to the big east help us with him?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think we’re behind the 8 ball. Staff dedicating precious live period time to JAR who ended up showing no interest is disappointing. I think we’re in the mix but behind Cuse for Jackson and squarely in the mix for Diarra, Springs, and Collier. Everyone else is a question mark.

Reaction Score
I think we’re behind the 8 ball. Staff dedicating precious live period time to JAR who ended up showing no interest is disappointing. I think we’re in the mix but behind Cuse for Jackson and squarely in the mix for Diarra, Springs, and Collier. Everyone else is a question mark.

You are not on base here at all. We are firmly in the lead for Jackson (though it's not a lock yet, obviously). I'm not sure we're really even recruiting Springs or Collier that heavily. Bfield and others could confirm that a little better. We are in the mix for Omoruyi and Lane more than any of the three you mentioned.

If you don't go after question marks, you don't get talented players. Our staff has yet to miserably fail; they have an obvious plan: 1) Jackson; 2) a Big; 3) some other player, preferably a skilled wing. JAR was a good target. It wasn't "precious time"--we are watching multiple players at the same event. We are all over the Nike circuit in general.

Have we even offered Diarra yet?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm curious if there has been any news on Cam Thomas? I agree we are looking quite alright when it comes to the backcourt for the next few years, but he's just so darn good I would love to have him anyway.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Good point Cole can shoot there's your CV replacement. The year after though Polley will be gone. I agree on the look and the need for a Cliff no doubt. I have little faith in a swing that shoots 18% from 3 though could care less how athletic he is. Good news for everyone is I'm not the guy putting the roster together so all is well;)
I may be unreasonable, but I want them all to be able to hit a jump shot. Athleticism is nice, but as Ashton-Langford demonstrated at Providence, you can't help a team nearly as much if your defender doesn't have to respect your shot. Meanwhile, Windler's going to make a very nice living in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom