Top 20 School BB Budgets | The Boneyard

Top 20 School BB Budgets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's an apples to oranges comparison. If you don't know what each school is counting with each budget, it's hard to figure out expenses for comparison. UConn spent $96.7m overall. But what's the breakdown? Other schools spend $200m+. Texas for example. Only $16m on basketball? Clearly Texas is taking bball expenses and throwing them into the general budget.

UConn's accounting makes it look less impressive for football probably because they want to carry football as long as possible without drawing the attention of state legislators who might point out, football is responsible for half the school's AD budget deficit. Then the B12 looks at that game and kills UConn for a small football budget. Which is ludicrous all around.

Reaction Score
Boy I'd like to see how these schools "allocate" expenses to the various sports to come up with "MBB" only numbers. Calipari makes half of the Kentucky numbers. Show the WBB for UConn, how much "less" could they be spending (little in salaries but they don't exactly operate/travel 2nd class).
Six of the top twenty in Big East, nah, not buying. Providence spends more on MBB than Michigan or North Carolina?

Reaction Score
This is fiscal year 2022 also, so it ended before the season started (so no championship expenses).

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
I just looked it up. The main reason ours is so high is because the Ollie settlement is included in there.
Is it possible for a normie like me without passwords to get access to detailed UConn budget info? Cursory search, I come up with little detail, just a few general numbers.

Reaction Score
Is it possible for a normie like me without passwords to get access to detailed UConn budget info? Cursory search, I come up with little detail, just a few general numbers.
This is all we get, and it's only thanks to Title IX.

Unless you want to file a freedom of information act request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom