Top 100 CBB players for 2011-2012 | The Boneyard

Top 100 CBB players for 2011-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Peyton Siva at 71? I really see him having a huge jump in production this year. I have to respect him after the way he played against us last year.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
To be fair, Drummond hasn't played a game and Lamb hasn't been "the guy" yet, so those rankings are fair because CBS says it may be lower at year's end. That doesn't explain how the Kentucky freshmen and the kid from Kansas are ranked so high though!

Reaction Score
Four UNC players listed ahead of our top-rated player, Jeremy Lamb. That seems a bit of a stretch...

Reaction Score
4 of 5 starters ranked in the top 67 and according to JC the top group of wings in the country (none of them made the list). Whoever ends up winning the battle for best 3 will be in the top 100 by the end of the season no doubt. From pre-season indications it appears DD will be quite a player this year.

Also, how is Henson put ahead of Drummond when they have the same length but drummond has 50 lbs more muscle and a better vertical leap. There is no way Henson will be a more valuable defensive player. he will have zero chance of guarding a guy like Drummond or Sullinger down low. It certainly can't be Henson's offense. the whole "drummond is lazy and doesn't put max effort in" is really starting to annoy me. He didn't go balls to the wall every game when playing against **** competition when he was already the top player in the country. He had nothing to prove to anyone at that point. he still worked very hard in practice as evidenced by his improved ball handling skills. When drummond is a first team all american I can't wait to completely **** on these writers. sorry for the rant

Reaction Score
I am a huge Kendall Marshall fan, but there is no way that he should be ranked higher than J Lamb.

Reaction Score
Peyton Siva at 71? I really see him having a huge jump in production this year. I have to respect him after the way he played against us last year.

I said it before in a prior thread this kid will have a chip on his shoulder come BE time which is not good for the league opponents. If there are 70 players better than him then college basketball is filled with superstars. Scoop Jardine is better than him????

That list is bogus, Shabazz is a top 100 player the world will see. He outplayed D. Lamb both times.

Reaction Score
4 of 5 starters ranked in the top 67 and according to JC the top group of wings in the country (none of them made the list). Whoever ends up winning the battle for best 3 will be in the top 100 by the end of the season no doubt.

I'm pretty sure JC was including Lamb in the wings category when he made that statement. So UConn has 1 of those 3 wings in the top 100.

Reaction Score
I realize it is pretty boring right now so we should and will talk about every bit of news that mentions UCONN. However all this indignation about "not being mentioned in the same breath" or "not being #___ on the some list" means less then squat. In fact I would argue that it is the best thing that can happen to us this year.

1. We were only good because of Kemba and the rest of the team is over rated. check
2. We are not even the best team in the BE. check
3. Our early season record is a function of eating cup cakes and nothing more. check

Read what the misinformed and haters write but do not get your panties in a wad over it. The mojo could use a good dose of humility with all these great things we keep hearing about everyone. The only person not getting props is Bradley and that is because he is hurt and not playing.

Relax or you are going to be very upset when you figure out we are not invincible and have things we need to fix and refine as the the year goes on. Remember the mojo.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!

Reaction Score
These lists are total crapshoots. Would it surprise anyone if Deandre Daniels is better than Michael Gilchrist? One of them is rated as a top 15 and one is unranked. I re.ad one scout say that the only thing Daniels is better than Gilchrist at is offense and I don't think he was joking.

It doesn't really bother me at all because these writers know fans love lists even though they are always incredibly inaccurate.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure JC was including Lamb in the wings category when he made that statement. So UConn has 1 of those 3 wings in the top 100.

I thought a three was a wing and a 2 was a shooting guard? JC is starting him at 2 and said he will get some time at the point. No mention of the 3 from JC yet.

Reaction Score
It's dumb that Anthony Davis is at number 7 AND Michael Gilchrist is at 16 while Andre Drummond is at 21. And Marquis Teague over Shabazz?

Reaction Score
Calimari has done a nice job of hyping up the freshman. I also think that a lot of mainstream media didn't start learning about drummond's game and potential impact until very recently. So they may not be as high on him.

Reaction Score
Love the footnote on Drummond lol. At least they know they're being extremely cautious putting him where he is.

Siva is the biggest problem with the list, that's a joke that he's outside of the Top 20. Seriously, they have RYAN KELLY rated above him for the love of Pete. I'll take him over Kendall Marshall any day too.

UNC having 4 of the Top 13 players is ridiculous, they should go undefeated if that were actually true. Rivers is the only other ACC guy in the Top 13, so that means CBS thinks First Team All-ACC will include four Tarheels. Riiiight. Henson and Marshall have no business being where they are on that list.

In the grand scheme of things Lamb at 15 and Drummond at 21 don't sound too bad, but the context makes it kinda hard to swallow.

Reaction Score
Not going to completely kill the list because I realize it's very difficult to make a list like this without a lot of disagreement. As other posters have already stated, it's more of a guessing game than anything else. Where was Kemba ranked last year? Top 50? Anyway, a few things:

-Thomas Robinson at number six seems like a bit of a stretch, and I feel like he's getting a little overhyped. His per 40 minute numbers were off the charts last year, but he only played fifteen minutes a game, so it's a bit premature to label him top ten IMO. Guy obviously has the potential to be a beast, but no more than a guy like Andre Drummond.

-John Henson in the top ten? If I had the choice between him and Oriakhi, I would probably take Oriakhi. Henson averaged 11 points, 10 boards, 2 blocks, or something along those lines, but I think Oriakhi has a higher upside. The three players that stuck out to me when I watched UNC last season were Marshall, Barnes, and Zeller.

-You're not going to convince me that Kentucky and UNC have three players better than Jeremy Lamb. I would take Jeremy Lamb over anybody on either roster, save maybe Harrison Barnes.

-Don't have any problem with where any of our guys are ranked, although I would put Lamb a few spots higher. I don't think there is much argument to be made that Jared Sullinger isn't the best player in the country as of right now. Guy is a beast.

Reaction Score
Calimari has done a nice job of hyping up the freshman. I also think that a lot of mainstream media didn't start learning about drummond's game and potential impact until very recently. So they may not be as high on him.

Drummond was the #1 player in his class for over 2 years until being overtaken recently by Shabazz Muhammaed, all of these guys know who he is. He's been on the scene much longer than Anthony Davis who just blew up a year ago.

Reaction Score
Not everyone who follows college basketball follows high school BB. Just like there are some writers for the NBA who know almost nothing about college stars until the NCAA tournament. People get busy doing their jobs and dealing with their personal lives so they don't follow things as closely as they should. Drummond has been stuck in the northeast corner of the country, didn't play in any all star games because he was considered in the 2012 class, and avoided talking to media about his college decisions. He kept a very low profile compared to most top recruits. We know everything about him because we are obsessed with college BB and he lives in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Norlander, Goodman, and Borzello are all northeast guys who cover both the prep scene and college. Norlander lives in CT and Goodman & Borzello are Mass guys and have seen Drummond play in person covering prep showcases, its not even a question that they know who he is and have known for quite some time. These aren't joe blows, these guys are paid to cover these dudes, and again Davis just became known last year.

Reaction Score
I said a lot of mainstream media, not everyone. Of course there are people who know about all levels of basketball. My point is that the majority of the country has been hearing about Davis being hyped up for longer than Drummond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom