Kalana Greene
Charde Houston
Ann Strother
Barb Turner
Jess Moore
Ashley Battle
Ashja Jones
Tamika Williams-Raymond...

That goes back to 1996. Not sure about Amy Duran, or players before 1994 for that matter... Maybe add in Jamelle and Carla? By the way, they aren't any kind of order from best to whatever, but I was looking at the players chronologically from today backwards

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse
Kiah Stokes
Kelly Faris
Kalana Greene
Charde Houston
Ann Strother
Barb Turner
Jess Moore
Ashley Battle
Ashja Jones

That goes back to 1996. Not sure about Amy Duran, or players before 1994 for that matter... By the way, they aren't any kind of order from best to whatever, but I was looking at the players chronologically from today backwards

Have to add Jamelle Eliot and Carla Berube

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse
Kiah Stokes
Kelly Faris
Tiff Hayes
Kalana Greene
Charde Houston
Ann Strother
Barb Turner
Jess Moore
Ashley Battle
Ashja Jones

That goes back to 1996. Not sure about Amy Duran, or players before 1994 for that matter... Maybe add in Jamelle and Carla? By the way, they aren't any kind of order from best to whatever, but I was looking at the players chronologically from today backwards
I think Kia Nurse is, rightly, at the top of the list. In fact, she belongs on the wall. She has been a great player from day one.

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse
Kiah Stokes
Kelly Faris
Tiff Hayes
Kalana Greene
Charde Houston
Ann Strother
Barb Turner
Jess Moore
Ashley Battle
Ashja Jones

I’ve always thought it was weird that Jamelle is only one of a handful of UConn players in the 1000 point/1000 rebound club and never even got an Honorable Mention.

Reaction Score
Current players included.

Seriously; I'd like to know!

If you're including current players, my 10 are as follows:
Collier
Samuelson
Dangerfield
Azura (if she's back next season)
Kia Nurse
Kiah Stokes
Tiffany Hayes
Tamika Williams
Ann Strother
Barbara Turner

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If any of the players listed had met the selection criteria they would be up on the wall. They didn't so they aren't.

Diluting the requirements would only lessen the honor.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it would have been better to have given it a name more in line with it's All American admission price? Anything that bills itself a place of honor for four years of sustained excellence that omits the efforts of Hayes, Faris, Jones, Nurse, and company is kind of missing the boat.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
If any of the players listed had met the selection criteria they would be up on the wall. They didn't so they aren't.

Diluting the requirements would only lessen the honor.
I think that the Original Poster was helping us to get thru this 12 days of no important WCBB games by posing an alternate wall question. Thank you "Connie" for reducing the boredom.

We do not want the requirements diluted. I look at the Baseball HOF and am overwhelmed by the ways a former MLB player who missed out during regular balloting eligibility can still get in. The Rock and Roll HOF , which already has so many inductees and multiple inductees that it needs a new building, has a relatively new eligibility category of "side men" who played in the background supporting the front men and women. Do we really need a "side women" wall?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Maria Conlon.
A "sidewoman" along with Stokes, Faris, Turner et al. Key players but not deserving.

Maybe they should build another wall. We could call it the "participation trophy" wall. :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Either many on this thread are pedantic or don't know how to read what Connie wrote. Name the Top 10 players NOT on the wall. We know the criteria for the wall is 1st team all-american (or coaching 33 years and making the hall of fame-Geno/CD). Collier and Samuelson made first team AA last year and will be on the wall next year. Hopefully Kia makes one of the 10 Team member squads and will be on the wall (like Morgan did).
Here's my attempt (note the word attempt...)
Amy Duran
Jamelle Elliott
Kiah Stokes
Kelly Faris
Maria Conlon
Tiffany Hayes
Ann Strother
Kalana Greene
Barbara Turner
Kia Nurse

I am still hopeful Kia gets on the wall. Crystal Dangerfield, Azura will be on the wall so I left them out. I will replace Kia with Jessica Moore...:cool:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A "sidewoman" along with Stokes, Faris, Turner et al. Key players but not deserving.

Maybe they should build another wall. We could call it the "participation trophy" wall. :rolleyes:
Does the word pedantic mean anything to you? Just sayin', stop being a killjoy! :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Either many on this thread are pedantic or don't know how to read what Connie wrote. Name the Top 10 players NOT on the wall. We know the criteria for the wall is 1st team all-american (or coaching 33 years and making the hall of fame-Geno/CD). Collier and Samuelson made first team AA last year and will be on the wall next year. Hopefully Kia makes one of the 10 Team member squads and will be on the wall (like Morgan did).
Exactly. I'm not sure if some aren't reading the OP, or just have it in their bones to instinctively argue whenever the "top 10" is brought up, but Connie was looking for the best players NOT to make the wall of honor, not the 10 best player, and not to debate the criteria of how players get up on the wall of honor. I think it's an interesting topic and it appears there are at least 14-15 players that are being mentioned the most frequently...

Reaction Score
I’ve always thought it was weird that Jamelle is only one of a handful of UConn players in the 1000 point/1000 rebound club and never even got an Honorable Mention.
Jamelle was a major reason that 1995 team managed a comeback against Virginia in the elite 8 game at Gampel- I was there and she refused to let them lose- she was magnificent

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm told Doty was good in her day. I don't know for how many years she was good.

Reaction Score
This list starts with Asjha Jones. In any other graduating class, she makes the wall. She was on the Olympic team, but didn’t make an AA team that supports her getting inducted. As a senior, she was a 3rd team AA by the AP. But the three players ahead of her were Swin, Diana, and Sue.

Reaction Score
This is what I get for writing in internet-speak. Reminds me of an old episode of the Simpsons (a show I probably have not watched for 25 years) where Homer puts a note in the workplace suggestions box, intending to complain about apples in the the vending machine: "No apples in the vending machine." Burns reads the note and tells Homer something like, "Don't worry, we'll make sure there are plenty of apples in the vending machine."

So here it is: "Irrespective of any failure to satisfy threshold criteria for eligibility, identify ten UConn WCBB players, past and/or present, currently not on the Wall of Honor but most worthy of inclusion."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom