Top 10 UConn players | The Boneyard

Top 10 UConn players

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m not making a point about who belongs where on the list, I’m just posting this as a topic for discussion. The thing about UConn is that these lists are outdated the day after it airs so keep in mind that no one on this year’s team is included because this is from 4 years ago.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m not making a point about who belongs where on the list, I’m just posting this as a topic for discussion. The thing about UConn is that these lists are outdated the day after it airs so keep in mind that no one on this year’s team is included because this is from 4 years ago.

Pheesa (and maybe Lou) would have probably broken through if they had a few NC's. So until Paige and Azzi finish their careers and hopefully get multiple NC's, I see no change possible.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Seeing that Paige won all those national awards last season, she should be on the list. At least until winning a NC is made a prerequisite.
Azzi will need a little longer to make her mark in UConn WBB history.

Reaction Score
Seeing that Paige won all those national awards last season, she should be on the list. At least until winning a NC is made a prerequisite.
Azzi will need a little longer to make her mark in UConn WBB history.
You want to put a player on this list who had one good year? This list is for the players who had exceptional college careers. We hope Paige joins them when her career is finished.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You want to put a player on this list who had one good year? This list is for the players who had exceptional college careers. We hope Paige joins them when her career is finished.
I thought that the intro was referring to Huskies on the wall. Paige reserved her spot last year. But I guess she can't have her number displayed until her UConn career is over. So IMO she can be considered one of the best of the best.
BTW, I am curious...did any other freshman reserve their spot on the wall? (It's a serious question, I am not trying to be snarky or anything like that.)

Reaction Score
Pheesa’s career at UConn was not over yet when this list was compiled. I believe she would be on the list if the list was made 2 years later. Top stats, 4 straight final fours, 1 Natty, player of the year and just great team player. Forward playing post… And I believe she should still be on the list when Paige joins it.

Reaction Score
Here's been my list

1st team: Sue, Diana, Maya, Stewie, Tina
2nd team: Moriah, Sales, Svet, Lobo, Kara
3rd team: Rizz, Ralph, Pheesa, Swin, Bascom
4th team: Renee, Gabby, KML, Tamika, Ashja

I don't consider anyone until they've played at least 3 years

Reaction Score
Here's been my list

1st team: Sue, Diana, Maya, Stewie, Tina
2nd team: Moriah, Sales, Svet, Lobo, Kara
3rd team: Rizz, Ralph, Pheesa, Swin, Bascom
4th team: Renee, Gabby, KML, Tamika, Ashja

I don't consider anyone until they've played at least 3 years
Your 1st team is a true Dream Team. The best of the best.

Reaction Score
I thought that the intro was referring to Huskies on the wall. Paige reserved her spot last year. But I guess she can't have her number displayed until her UConn career is over. So IMO she can be considered one of the best of the best.
BTW, I am curious...did any other freshman reserve their spot on the wall? (It's a serious question, I am not trying to be snarky or anything like that.)
Maya Moore was All-American her freshman year, so that reserved her spot on the wall...

Reaction Score
Have to make one comment.
To imply that what Paige did last year was a "good" year is really understating the impact she had on NCAA WBB and UCONN. I'm not saying she deserves to be on the UCONN Top 10 at this point, BUT, her performance last year was much better than "good"... after all, she did win EVERY NPOY award she was eligible for (4 of them)... AND an ESPY as the best women's college athlete.
Just sayin...

Reaction Score
Have to make one comment.
To imply that what Paige did last year was a "good" year is really understating the impact she had on NCAA WBB and UCONN. I'm not saying she deserves to be on the UCONN Top 10 at this point, BUT, her performance last year was much better than "good"... after all, she did win EVERY NPOY award she was eligible for (4 of them)... AND an ESPY as the best women's college athlete.
Just sayin...
How bout…”ONE great year”?

Reaction Score
I'm with Vowelguy and I can't pick Paige until 3 years. And I'm going to cheat and pick 12.

1-- Stewie
2-- DT
3-- Maya
4-- Lobo (for the foundation.)
5-- Bird
6-- Tina
7-- MoJeff
8-- Sales
9--Rizzotti
10-- Bascom
11- Sveta
12-- Wolters

Reaction Score
It was already a difficult list to make 4 years ago with omissions like Svet, Swin, Kara etc. Add the more recent Pheesa and KLS and you could leave out some big names with a list of 15, and if we went to 20 we would still be leaving out players that made it to the WNBA.

Reaction Score
I love VowelGuy’s 1st team. No argument there. I just don’t see how you can keep Napheesa off the second team. She’d be in contention for my 6th man. 3rd in scoring, 4th in rebounds, great defender and great team player and almost all as an undersized post at a time when the competition became much more balanced. So tough to rank the UConn greats.

Reaction Score
napheesa has to be the most overlooked 'one of the greats' player.
points, rebounds, blocks, FG%, W-L record, etc. what other player has averaged 20+ ppg & 10+ rpg for a season? or 20+ ppg for more than 1 season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom