Top 10 TV Dramas of All Time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 10 TV Dramas of All Time

Reaction Score
Honorable mention to Law & Order for 3 reasons:
-Long Lasting & featured numerous STARS over the years both in its ensemble cast & in guest appearances.
-Spun off 2 sister shows
-jump started the acting careers of numerous starlets as asst. A.D.'s (Angie Harmon, Jill Hennessey, Elizabeth Rohm, etc.)

Reaction Score
I am a little surprised to see Mad Men on top of the list. I have never watched a single second of it, but have also never heard a single bit of water cooler buzz about "last night's episode".
My wife and I just watched the entire series in the last 6 months or so. It is that good

Reaction Score
OZ is really good, a lot of actors from Sopranos and the Wire are in it. It's absolutely ruthless though. No subject is too taboo

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reviving your own two year old thread?

It's a tough list to make. Much has changed in the way TV is produced. Is it truly fair to compare The Rockford Files to Westworld? The budgets now are entirely different. Game of Thrones is essentially a movie. I'm excluding Band of Brothers because I consider it a mini-series. It would probably be #1.

So Dramas I most enjoyed when they were on.
  1. Justified
  2. Miami Vice
  3. Star Trek TNG
  4. Black Sails
  5. Deadwood
  6. Sopranos
  7. Sherlock
  8. Supernatural
  9. House
  10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
I omitted Dr. Who, because it's really a series of different shows. The David Tenant years would make the list.
Close misses are GOT, 24, X-Files, Vikings (Kate Winnick alone, standing still for an hour would warrant an honorable mention), Outlander. Westworld and the Man in the High Castle show great promise, but are too new.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Sopranos has aged well in a short period of time. Not so much the technology (like The Wire), but that the way it was done seems a little hokey or silly now. But, I think it was one of the first premium series that created a big wave and buzz and blazed a bigger trail for the other ones that have followed. I've tried rewatching it and I can't get through it though.

To me I feel like if I can't rewatch it now - it can't be that great. Hill Street Blues is a prime example of that IMO - I tried to start over from the beginning last summer and bailed after 2-3 episodes. Not compelling to me at all.

Feel the same about the Sopranos.

Have watched The Wire front to back maybe 5 times. West Wing 3x. Banshee 3x. Lost 2x.

Reaction Score
The Americans is better than half the shows on Waylon's list with absolute ease.

Yet nobody watches it but me and Andy Greenberg I think.

Thanks for reminding me - downloading season 5 now on Amazon Prime Video.

Reaction Score
Grey's Anatomy
Ally McBeal
Melrose Place
Beverly Hills 90210
The Fosters
One Tree Hill

But seriously,
The X-Files was pretty good.
Mission Impossible

Online statistics

Members online