Top 10 transfers who are eligible in 2020-21 after sitting out last season | The Boneyard

Top 10 transfers who are eligible in 2020-21 after sitting out last season

Reaction Score
Cole # 3. JimHurley is excited. :)

3. R.J. Cole, UConn
Old school: Howard

Predicting how Cole's production will translate to the Big East is a challenge. But the 2019 MEAC Player of the Year should have ample opportunity to prove he's an upper-echelon college talent. Key guards Christian Vital and Alterique Gilbert have departed, clearing the way for Cole to step into a starting role after averaging 22.5 points, and 6.2 assists per game in two seasons at Howard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

RJ Cole

New school:
Connecticut

Previous stop: Howard

What to watch: A three-star prospect out of high school, Cole put up monster numbers at Howard, where he scored over 1,500 points in just two seasons. As UConn enters the Big East, it can use a scorer the caliber of Cole, who plays with extreme confidence and is a major threat behind the three-point line. While he was a bit of a volume scorer his first two years, Cole should be able to take better shots this season, which should help his efficiency.

Reaction Score

RJ Cole

New school:
Connecticut

Previous stop: Howard

What to watch: A three-star prospect out of high school, Cole put up monster numbers at Howard, where he scored over 1,500 points in just two seasons. As UConn enters the Big East, it can use a scorer the caliber of Cole, who plays with extreme confidence and is a major threat behind the three-point line. While he was a bit of a volume scorer his first two years, Cole should be able to take better shots this season, which should help his efficiency.

This is the reason I have mentioned as to why I think he’ll shoot 40% or better from 3. He shot just under 39% at Howard when he was a volume scorer taking a lot of bad shots. That number is going up this year.

Reaction Score
I hope that's true. We're winning a championship if we have the NPOY and Bouknight

I expect Cole + Bouknight to be the best back court duo in the Big East. I may be in the minority but with with Ty-Shon Alexander leaving Creighton, I think it’s a 2 man race between us and Nova for the Big East.

I’ve been overly optimistic before but this season just feels different. This will be the best back court duo since 2014. Off the bench we will have Gaffney, Adams, Polley, Whaley, Springs, Carlton. Plus the addition of Jackson/Sanogo/Javonte Brown Ferguson. Once Akok returns and we have Cole/Bouknight/Jackson/Akok/Sanogo on the floor together, watch TF out!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom