Top 10 Reasons You Know You're a Die Hard Husky Fan | The Boneyard

Top 10 Reasons You Know You're a Die Hard Husky Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
10. You are less patient waiting a few days for the next UConn game than you were waiting for Christmas as an 8 year old, even if we're playing Marathon Oil.
9. You understand the importance of the presence of the man in the pink hat.
8. A child choosing to attend Dook would cause a permanent family rift.
7. You understand that polite social conversation at parties requires that one never speaks of religion, politics, or Jerome Dyson.
6. You thought the termination of the Blue/White guy's fan privileges should have been looked into by Richard Bloomenthal.
5. You know where you were when 9/11 and the Space Shuttle disaster happened, but you know where you were, who you were with, the exact beverage you were holding, and the color shirt you were wearing when Tate hit The Shot.
4. A child choosing to attend George Mason would obligate you to disown him/her.
3. You really and truly don't understand why any recruit would choose another school over UConn, set in snowy, cold, idyllic cow country in remote Connecticut.
2. Your life is organized around the UConn Men's Basketball schedule, and you are visibly angered when any relative or friend inconsiderately schedules a wedding, graduation party, or funeral that conflicts with a game. Any game.
1. You really and truly believe that, despite our current 8/10 ranking, we are a top 3 team, we will move back up to the top of the rankings before the season's end, and that, yes, we are in fact the best and most obvious choice to win the National Championship in March.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Great post ... nice list! I'm sure others will add even more.

I have already notified my wife of the absolute off-limit colleges for our children to attend.

Reaction Score
#2 adding bummed out and when the game is not televised.

Reaction Score
Great list, mind if I print it out and hang it up? :p

I would replace number 2 with this though: You revolve your life around the entire UConn athletic schedule (whether it's softball for crying out loud!)

Also, if you read the media guides (doesn't matter what sport) in el bano

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great list.

Somewhere you have to fit in:

You know the meaning of Hilton Units, Doooommmmeddd, Hangings, Mojo, Haiku, Selvie Time, Makers Muppet, Dogmania posts, and Fishy.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I never have issues with other events interfering with me watching or attending UCONN games because I consult the schedule before committing to anything. For example, the Saturday my wife wanted to have the family Christmas picture taken but due to the UCONN-Arkansas game, we will be going on Sunday. I will miss some NFL for other events but never UCONN.

Reaction Score
Just thought of another one, constantly referring to the Denham joke :)

Reaction Score
Great list.

Somewhere you have to fit in:

You know the meaning of Hilton Units, Doooommmmeddd, Hangings, Mojo, Haiku, Selvie Time, Makers Muppet, Dogmania posts, and Fishy.

As well as "fort the ead" and mice in the dishwasher

Reaction Score
Excellent list & comments. Especially #2 - all events are secondary to UConn games.

Oh, and don't forget about the Sacreds. I haven't had one since April.
In fact, the empties from the last 2 consumed during the Butler game are still next to the TV ;)

Reaction Score
Dammit - now I want beer.

BTW - Somebody should put together a top 10 list for the Boneyard (I'm not qualified). It could include things like Muppets Maker and Sacreds. My list was more directed to UConn fans in general, and, while I love this website, I suppose most fans are not members here!

Reaction Score
I'll add this one:

Reading the following six words is GUARANTEED to give you goose bumps: "Langdon trips, and UConn's done it"

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
you know Jimmy is better than K

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
you think "doable" is part of the English language and can be found in Webster's dictionary

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
7. You understand that polite social conversation at parties requires that one never speaks of religion, politics, or Jerome Dyson.

This made me laugh a little too loud at work today lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom