too much basketball = more injuries Geno's take | Page 2 | The Boneyard

too much basketball = more injuries Geno's take

Kat

Reaction Score
This happens with the boys, too, but no one points it out. Players are going to play, inside and outside of their programs. It's love for the game that drives them to be the players that they are. You cannot change that.

Reaction Score
This happens with the boys, too, but no one points it out. Players are going to play, inside and outside of their programs. It's love for the game that drives them to be the players that they are. You cannot change that.

I've read quite a few articles on the topic with respect to the men's game. It could be a matter that it's not discussed here but on other boards.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I simply don't buy what Geno is selling on this one. His players have had more than their share lately and to brush it off as too much competition to me might miss the mark. Many other schools who are just as competitive as UCONN are having a fraction of the issues and for UCONN a few of them are almost non contact injuries. I would like them to do a complete review of their workouts and nutrition just to a make sure they aren't doing something inadvertently that might be contributing to their struggles.
If you think that Andrea Hudy and the UConn medical staff hasn’t done a “deep dive” on every aspect of UConn WBB relative to training, nutrition, load management and injury prevention you are mistaken.

Reaction Score
I simply don't buy what Geno is selling on this one. His players have had more than their share lately and to brush it off as too much competition to me might miss the mark. Many other schools who are just as competitive as UCONN are having a fraction of the issues and for UCONN a few of them are almost non contact injuries. I would like them to do a complete review of their workouts and nutrition just to a make sure they aren't doing something inadvertently that might be contributing to their struggles.
It makes sense to do the necessary steps to ensure UCONN kids get looked at seriously. The best of that thought, it can't hurt.
However, I'd be surprised, knowing the contact the HEALTH CENTER has with Geno/et al they they are not quietly peeking in and making suggestions.
I don't BUY GENO'S cool aide--but geno cares for these ladits

Reaction Score
What I mainly see is that the rest of D1 WBB has had a reprieve from the Paige hammer these past two seasons what with all the injuries at Storrs. When the cat’s away the mice will play.

Reaction Score
Sarcasm Alert
Maybe if they didn’t have classes to go to, and all this other academic stuff, there would be time to rest and participate in other sports.
After all, aside from walk-ons these ladies are all being paid ( indirectly via scholarships) to play basketball.
This whole education rigamarole is just a distraction.
So you are saying that UNC athletes never get hurt?!? :confused::D:eek:

Reaction Score
Didn’t they do this? I forget which game it was discussed during, but a reporter brought up that they reduced practice intensity, started having the players use biometric bands(?) that track their muscle force/fatigue/something along those lines, gave them extra days off, and even burned sage all in an attempt to ward off the injury bug that plagued UConn the past couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom