Too many "Bigs" | The Boneyard

Too many "Bigs"

Reaction Score
If 6'5" Piath Gabriel turns out to be "all that," and according to Geno's recent comments she might well be , we will soon be awash in "Bigs." Think Ono at 6'5", Gabriel at 6.5", Edwards @ 6'3", DeBerry at 6'5" and Poffenbarger who might be a relatively diminutive 6'2" but is said to be able to leap over Cathedral towers and bend railroad tracks with either hand. That's an entire starting lineup.

In grand BY tradition, I ask you while wringing my hands, what in the world has happened to all the small players?? Why can't
we get more little people???
What's that? Oh, you said too many pigs? Oh....never mind. Signed: Roseanne Roseannadanna

Reaction Score
Geno should look this girl's profile. She has not declared yet.

Sela Heide

Sela Heide POST
CLASS: 2020

93 SCOUTS GRADE

• North Bend, WAHOMETOWN
  • Mount SiHIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-8 HEIGHT
  • —WEIGHT
  • 93 OVERALL RANK
  • 11 POSITION RANK

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
If 6'5" Piath Gabriel turns out to be "all that," and according to Geno's recent comments she might well be , we will soon be awash in "Bigs." Think Ono at 6'5", Gabriel at 6.5", Edwards @ 6'3", DeBerry at 6'5" and Poffenbarger who might be a relatively diminutive 6'2" but is said to be able to leap over Cathedral towers and bend railroad tracks with either hand. That's an entire starting lineup.

In grand BY tradition, I ask you while wringing my hands, what in the world has happened to all the small players?? Why can't
What's that? Oh, you said too many pigs? Oh....never mind. Signed: Roseanne Roseannadanna
It just goes to show you, it's always something. ;)

Reaction Score
Nobody 6'6+? UCONN NEEDs ACTUAL BIGS. Somebody go scour Europe to find the next 7' girl that wants to come to the US and play for Geno.*

*This should go without saying, but clearly this is sarcasm. UConn will have quite the selection of bigs over the next few years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
now if Geno can just convince that one 5'11" shooting guard from DC/Virginia to join in the team will be pretty much complete............. :)
:eek: Kiki Rice is going to complete UCONN. Kiki is class of 2022, can we afford to wait that long? :D

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Geno should look this girl's profile. She has not declared yet.

Sela Heide

Sela Heide POST
CLASS: 2020

93 SCOUTS GRADE

• North Bend, WAHOMETOWN
  • Mount SiHIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-8 HEIGHT
  • —WEIGHT
  • 93 OVERALL RANK
  • 11 POSITION RANK
My imagination went to a physically weak and undeveloped very tall lady and I wondered about a coach thinking ahead. Would a coach give her an extra scholarship to red shirt freshman year. Build her up physically and improve her skills for a whole year and then unveil her with 4 years to play. What could she by like in year 5 of her college career.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My imagination went to a physically weak and undeveloped very tall lady and I wondered about a coach thinking ahead. Would a coach give her an extra scholarship to red shirt freshman year. Build her up physically and improve her skills for a whole year and then unveil her with 4 years to play. What could she by like in year 5 of her college career.
When you say "a coach" absolutely, many coaches have done just that. Would Geno or CD do it? Doubtful
For the UCONN program a couple practices is sometimes too long to wait for a player to develop. Don't see Geno committing to any projects at his age.

Reaction Score
It just goes to show you, it's always something. ;)

Bama: you always speak the truth, and there you go again - good one.

How many is too many? Oregon has 6 players 6’4 and over. Is that too many?

CARNAC: Wow. Did not know that.
You are the answer man. Let us know.

Reaction Score
Sela Heide is ranked #93 in ESPNHoop (4 stars) and is higher rank than Piath Gabrie (3 stars).
But at 6'8" there must be reasons while she has not signed yet.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
High praise of which I feel unworthy, but grateful. Thank you 1826

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
How many is too many? Oregon has 6 players 6’4 and over. Is that too many?

That's ok. Oregon can only start 5 and one player won't be 6' 4". They are overstocked! :)

Reaction Score
Oregon State just lost another "big" for the season (6'3" starting forward Taya Corosdale), so the saying "you can never have enough bigs" might be apropos. Now OSU has 3 bigs on the bench for injury/health reasons. Two of three are probably long term situations.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Oregon State just lost another "big" for the season (6'3" starting forward Taya Corosdale), so the saying "you can never have enough bigs" might be apropos. Now OSU has 3 bigs on the bench for injury/health reasons. Two of three are probably long term situations.

Has the nature of her injury been announced? The article I found said she'd been having hamstring problems, and that she was scheduled to have surgery the day after the injury. Did she suffer a muscle tear?

It really sucks -- I don't see OSU much, but she sounds like a nice kid and a good teammate.

Reaction Score
It's about time that we get some height. And we should sign that 6' 8" young woman or else she will go to Baylor and be a star or even Notre Dame. In the past we ran "short". Maybe Geno envisions placing 3 6' 5" players on the floor at one time. Wouldn't that be something.

Reaction Score
Has the nature of her injury been announced? The article I found said she'd been having hamstring problems, and that she was scheduled to have surgery the day after the injury. Did she suffer a muscle tear?

It really sucks -- I don't see OSU much, but she sounds like a nice kid and a good teammate.

She has had hamstring issues for awhile. Was she brought back too early by the coaching staff and suffered a tear?

Reaction Score

Greed sometimes works against us. If Uconn has 5 6 footer's and up to 6 ft 5. I keep wondering when Uconn will get a REAL BIG. All these tiny kids just can't cut it. I see other teams getting 6 ft 9, and we could get a Middle African 7 ft 4 inch player. Tremendous, absoultely talented, can dribble (ok not much more) BUT, BUT--I'm told Often---YOU CAN't teach Height--heck you should be able to teach them something?? Right??
While my neighbor CAN have too many PIGS--whew!! Bigs?? Who'da thunk it??

Reaction Score
Maybe someone should start a petition like the do at a Vol board, demanding that Geno recruit at least 2 6'8"+ players? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom