Too Good to be True | The Boneyard

Too Good to be True

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You honestly can't make this up....This must wake up each week and say, "What absolutely reckless $#&t can we do this week?"

There's no other way to explain their constant actions of stupidity. You have to try to be this embarrassing

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I love to gig/mock Rutgers as much as anyone on here (and this did make me laugh) but geez, the world needs to lighten up a bit. Thank god there weren't cameras at every turn in the late 70's/80's.

Why does a video show Rutgers AD Pat Hobbs drinking a beer at a student tailgate? He explains ...

At least it wasn't a gas mask bong!

The response shouldn't elicit (but probably will) any kind of feigned outrage. It's more so just one of those things that makes you shake your head and laugh.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I love to gig/mock Rutgers as much as anyone on here (and this did make me laugh) but geez, the world needs to lighten up a bit. Thank god there weren't cameras at every turn in the late 70's/80's.

Why does a video show Rutgers AD Pat Hobbs drinking a beer at a student tailgate? He explains ...

At least it wasn't a gas mask bong!
I agree it's no big deal and he owes no one an apology, but I still love it, because it highlights the cheese ball nature/inferiority complex that IS Rutgers perfectly. My favorite example of them "selling the sizzle, not the steak" is the fact that their POS practice facility bubble collapsed a few years ago, but they built a FIVE million dollar recruit lounge. Good god I love the R!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Meh. We think students don't drink beer at tailgates?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Except for the fact that the Budweiser was a little lowbrow, nothing wrong with it that I see. Oh, wait...it's Rutgirls and that makes everything wrong.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Kenneth Cop.

The school's police chief is named...Kenneth Cop.

Kenneth. Cop. ...

Reaction Score
Nobody ever died for dear old Rutgers...
He's the athletic director. That is really what's wrong here.

Reaction Score
I love when people label decency and/or common sense as the world being PC. Some things just shouldn't be done. I worked in Higher Ed for years, and I made it a rule to never drink with or around students.

That said, I agree with the overall theme : "This isn't a big deal." His action may have even lightened the mood and help calm the situation. Again, I wouldn't have done it, but I think an apology and being on the front page of ESPN was waaaayyyy over the top.

The important thing here: we have another small opportunity to laugh at Rutty. That never gets old.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nobody ever died for dear old Rutgers...
That would surprise me because a whole slew of people in the Athletic Depatment seem to get thrown under the bus.

Gotta love our friends to the south - "Rutgers being Rutgers"

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. The Rutgers AD being concerned for student safety in the student tailgate section (such concerns presumably being at least partly attributable to alcohol consumption) got up in front of that group and chugged a beer.

Wouldn't that make him a moron?

I certainly don't begrudge that guy a beer while tailgating, but if that story is even remotely accurate he is devoid of common sense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Probably ill advised, but really, it looks like the rather attractive blonde in front of him gave him the beer. I think he was perhaps thinking with the wrong head. It's no big deal. Far more troubling things happen at colleges every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom