Too famous to attend classes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Too famous to attend classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Angel Reece is probably the "trendiest" name in WCBB right now, so I can understand it. People who don't pay attention to WCBB know her name. She and Caitlin Clark are the face of women's college athletics right now IMO and are the only names that transcend the sport.
Interesting that the 'trendiest' name is misspelled as often as it is...;)

Reaction Score
Interesting that the 'trendiest' name is misspelled as often as it is...;)
Whoops! I fixed it. It was entirely unintentional.

I still have nightmares about the many misspellings of Kamilla Cardoso's name on this board. I think that takes the cake for the most often misspelled name on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
This thread was bad news from the start.
The Office Yes GIF

Reaction Score
Whoops! I fixed it. It was entirely unintentional.

I still have nightmares about the many misspellings of Kamilla Cardoso's name on this board. I think that takes the cake for the most often misspelled name on the Boneyard.
You’re right about that. Boneyard isn’t alone, across all social media where women’s bball is discussed, Kamilla Cardoso’s name is spelled wrong more often than right.

Camila, Cardoza, Kardozo, etc.

Reaction Score
You’re right about that. Boneyard isn’t alone, across all social media where women’s bball is discussed, Kamilla Cardoso’s name is spelled wrong more often than right.

Camila, Cardoza, Kardozo, etc.
I'm about 50% on it. I have to stop and think Portuguese instead of Spanish.:oops:

Reaction Score
I wonder what percent of the LSU student body even recognizes her name. Football players, Baseball players and Shaq are about the only names they know.

Reaction Score
The point wasn't to diminish anyone's academic ability. Baton Rouge is a dangerous city and I could understand how going out could be more dangerous as you become more famous but I didn't think that would be true on campus. The "too famous" line was actually taken from one of the local news broadcasts, not my opinion and wasn't meant as a negative. I obviously missed the mark on that one and for that I apologize.

Based on the comments though it isn't something that is common for the athletes everywhere. Having a high level of fame impacts your ability to do the simple things like going out for dinner and it is a shame it is happening when they are so young.

Reaction Score
The point wasn't to diminish anyone's academic ability. Baton Rouge is a dangerous city and I could understand how going out could be more dangerous as you become more famous but I didn't think that would be true on campus. The "too famous" line was actually taken from one of the local news broadcasts, not my opinion and wasn't meant as a negative. I obviously missed the mark on that one and for that I apologize.

Based on the comments though it isn't something that is common for the athletes everywhere. Having a high level of fame impacts your ability to do the simple things like going out for dinner and it is a shame it is happening when they are so young.
That may not have been your intent.
It sounds like you live in the area and genuinely care about Reese's safety.
However due to how polarizing she can be to some fans, there were going to be those who would relish pointing out her shortcomings for trolling purposes.

What this just further confirmed to me is that no fanbase can point the finger at others for bad behaviour.

Reaction Score
That may not have been your intent.
It sounds like you live in the area and genuinely care about Reese's safety.
However due to how polarizing she can be to some fans, there were going to be those who would relish pointing out her shortcomings for trolling purposes.

What this just further confirmed to me is that no fanbase can point the finger at others for bad behaviour.
Oh, the hippocracy is thick here on the Boneyard.

Jim

Reaction Score
I wonder what percent of the LSU student body even recognizes her name. Football players, Baseball players and Shaq are about the only names they know.
What percent of the LSU student body are 6’ 3” women?

Reaction Score
What percent of the LSU student body are 6’ 3” women?

I don’t think it matters that she is a “ bigger target” physically.

She might be well known on this board. But LSU has a lot of future NFL players who are more well known on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom